New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    A second hand pickup truck will do. In that occasion, i'd be very happy to be driving a Ranger or a HiLux.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir ung road ba na yan ay private? (part ng property mo?)

Baka lang kasi mas practical na ipaayos mo na lang ung road, pa-cement mo ung part na dadaanan ng mga wheels, para kahit hindi 4x4 ay makakaakyat.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Jimmy might be a bit too small since ung mom ko magdedrive most of the time nyan kasi i drive the Jazz. Ung Altis balak namin ibebenta tas dagdag nalng for the SUV. Maganda sana pickup kaso d talaga kasya sa garage unless benta namin ung jazz din (NO WAY! mahal ko kotse ko! haha) . Can't extend din the garage kc kalye na after agad ng gate.

Based dun sa mga reco nyo. Tingin ko we'll probably be getting a 2nd hand due to limitations on budget. looks like we really can't go 1M or over. Ung feasible is around 800K. mukhang okay nga ung Vitarra tama lang ung Size. We'll probably look into the RAV4 na 3rd gen kasi may family fren kami na planning to sell theirs. Ung concern ko sa Fortuner n Motero Sport is that baka masyado mataas ground clearance nila that mahihirapan Mom ko. Senior na po haha

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need your opinions on this. We have a property in a hills area here in Cebu and the only way to go up the steep and narrow roads is through a 4x4. Our Altis and Jazz can't do it and if it does they will probably really really have a hard time (might be dangerous too). So the main question is: Whats an affordable 4x4 brand new or is it better to get a 2nd hand one? How much should we expect to budget for this? We're thinking of selling the Altis to have capital in getting the 4x4. Requirements for the Car is that it cant be not too big since it will be used mostly in the City with occasional trips to the Hill Lot. Fuel Efficient though I've heard 4x4s tend to be more thirsty. What candidates we've thought of are: Subaru XV, 2nd hand CR-V or RAV4 or Forrester. Our budget is max limit 1.4M but we'd really like something below 1M or 1M to be more feasible. So whats your take guys?
    right now, i'm building something like this. our old CRV has been rarely used na kasi luma na. wala na pumapansin. so I decided to prop it up, complete 100K PMS, tune-up, change all fluids, suspension & bolt tightening, replaced the entire timing belt kit

I'm already placing an order of the OME lift kit this week, and the mudtires + ROH blackstar rims like you, may maliitn a farm din na kakabili lang ng family. and I'm going to surprise them with this lifted offroader CRV hehe

baka you may wanna take this option, an old crv nowadays can be had for 250K-300K. plus the necessary adjustments to make it offroad and softroad compatible, add 60K. nangkang pala has a mudtire na cheap hehe

baka may sukli pa ang altis nyo I suggested this kasi ang hanap mo is subaru, crv, rav4. puros gasoline CUVs.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fitdrive View Post
    right now, i'm building something like this. our old CRV has been rarely used na kasi luma na. wala na pumapansin. so I decided to prop it up, complete 100K PMS, tune-up, change all fluids, suspension & bolt tightening, replaced the entire timing belt kit

I'm already placing an order of the OME lift kit this week, and the mudtires + ROH blackstar rims like you, may maliitn a farm din na kakabili lang ng family. and I'm going to surprise them with this lifted offroader CRV hehe

baka you may wanna take this option, an old crv nowadays can be had for 250K-300K. plus the necessary adjustments to make it offroad and softroad compatible, add 60K. nangkang pala has a mudtire na cheap hehe

baka may sukli pa ang altis nyo I suggested this kasi ang hanap mo is subaru, crv, rav4. puros gasoline CUVs.
    Looks Awesome Bai! You should be very proud of how you turned around your old CR-V. Much Respect.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need your opinions on this. We have a property in a hills area here in Cebu and the only way to go up the steep and narrow roads is through a 4x4. Our Altis and Jazz can't do it and if it does they will probably really really have a hard time (might be dangerous too). So the main question is: Whats an affordable 4x4 brand new or is it better to get a 2nd hand one? How much should we expect to budget for this? We're thinking of selling the Altis to have capital in getting the 4x4. Requirements for the Car is that it cant be not too big since it will be used mostly in the City with occasional trips to the Hill Lot. Fuel Efficient though I've heard 4x4s tend to be more thirsty. What candidates we've thought of are: Subaru XV, 2nd hand CR-V or RAV4 or Forrester. Our budget is max limit 1.4M but we'd really like something below 1M or 1M to be more feasible. So whats your take guys?

Bay, if SUV target nimo, look at the only one compact SUV that has an integrated ladder-frame unibody chassis tucked-in (not outrigged) to its body ---- the Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 VVTi. It also happens to be the cheapest of that kind. Those other similar ones that come in a unibody with an integrated ladder-frame chassis are already the expensive ones, to name a few, the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Mercedes Benz M-Class. Your PhP1.4M is OK, just swing-in a bit more within the PhP1.4 to 1.45M range if you're after a brand-new, all else like the used Grand Vitaras are therefore way cheaper.

Naa ko'y 2nd hand Grand Vitara 2.7 V6 4x4 manual-transmission. Nindot kaayo bay - best buy for what it is capable of, and at any performance level (especially offroading) against any price point.... Approved without even thinking about it ;)

If pickup naman, at tunay na pang-harabas, hindi anemic ang power sa low rpm, walang hesitation pag apakan bigla ang silinyador, puedeng-puedeng gumapang paakyat kahit low rpm lang ang makina, at pinaka-matipid sa diesel sa lahat, look at any D-max 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ or any older D-max 3.0 TD Intercooler. One of your best bet also is the Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D amongst the pickups available in Pinas.

Goodluck bay. Cheers!

Last edited by d_mac; May 9th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Problem with the brand new Grand Vitara is that the 2.4L model is sold purely as a 2WD model only. And of course we know that the deletion of 4x4 in a Grand Vitara is equal to castration.

For a 4x4 GV, there are only the 2.0L and 3.2L models to consider. A friend of mine owns a 2.0A/T. Said the full time 4x4 gives it horrid fuel consumption to the tune of 5-6km/L, so only the manual is feasible.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Si idol kevin3000 may bagong 4x4 mini pajero for P200k. Hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^Problem with the brand new Grand Vitara is that the 2.4L model is sold purely as a 2WD model only. And of course we know that the deletion of 4x4 in a Grand Vitara is equal to castration.

For a 4x4 GV, there are only the 2.0L and 3.2L models to consider. A friend of mine owns a 2.0A/T. Said the full time 4x4 gives it horrid fuel consumption to the tune of 5-6km/L, so only the manual is feasible.
    YUP, that's the problem nga pala sa Pinas model Grand Vitara, auto-tranny lang at 4x2 Boss GTi hehe

Sa Oz, 4x4 Grand Vitara 2.7 V6 manual-tranny gamit ko at 2nd-hand lang naman na bili ko.... Very much satisfied, at buti hindi ko pinili si Subie Forester AWD na 97,000 km na ang mileage, palitin na timing belt niya hehe ;) at mas mahal pa sa ganyang mileage ....Besides, except for the 3.2-litre Grand Vitara V6 VVT (Chevrolet ang engines ng mga ito), any Suzuki SUVs, its APV, and cars run all in stainless steel timing chain-and-gear.

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Correct on the FC. Same FC as my 2.0L Grand Vitara a/t with 47,000 km on the odometer. Pero pag hinay hinay driving, kaya pa mag-6.5 Highway driving kaya mag-8-9 km/liter.

If u want small na 4x4 na brand new, di ba yung Suzuki SX4 is 4x4?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast