New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    +1 on the Subaru Forester and Mazda CX-5.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    CX-5 or Sorento for me

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Depende ano kelangan mo sir.

Between your choices:

If you just want a sedan-like vehicle that is slightly taller, go for the CRV. (This is helpful especially kapag may sinasakay ka na matanda, kung saan mahirap umakyat)

If you need to seat seven every so often, or want the versatility of having a little more storage space at the back, pick between the Fort and the Montero. Toss a coin nalang to choose? Or piliin mo nalang yung mas maganda for you or what is the cheapest hehe.

All three are good models (Plus, there are a lot of other vehicles in the same categories to choose from).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks guys for your inputs. I currently drive 2 sedans and they are becoming too small for me and my family, so getting an SUV would really be a good idea. I know that the debate between Fortuner and Montero started since last century, and they both have pros and cons, I am so torn between these 2.

I have visited all 3 dealerships, funny thing is I only got to have a little feel of the CR-V, Fortuner has no stock at all, issues with supplier from Thailand, so no display and test drive. There are plenty of Montero in stock but none for test drive, I don't know why, maybe they are hiding something.

Fortuner has got all leather seats, and it's a Toyota, it's supposed to be running forever, but no matter how many minor changes they have made, it's still a very old car underneath, 4AT transmission, not to mention it's under-powered even with the new Turbo. I've heard that the 5AT transmission will be launched this September, let's wait and see.

Montero has got all the power in the world, problem is that this car is aging too even after the latest minor change with the new grill and rims. Comparing with the Fortuner, it lacks of the leather seats and HID head lamps. I am not really bothered by the sudden acceleration incident though, it was just one case that was spread and exaggerated by Toyota.

CR-V is all good, except that it's got a gasoline engine and only 5 seats.

So back to my question, which one to buy?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orttech View Post
    Thanks guys for your inputs. I currently drive 2 sedans and they are becoming too small for me and my family, so getting an SUV would really be a good idea. I know that the debate between Fortuner and Montero started since last century, and they both have pros and cons, I am so torn between these 2.

I have visited all 3 dealerships, funny thing is I only got to have a little feel of the CR-V, Fortuner has no stock at all, issues with supplier from Thailand, so no display and test drive. There are plenty of Montero in stock but none for test drive, I don't know why, maybe they are hiding something.

Fortuner has got all leather seats, and it's a Toyota, it's supposed to be running forever, but no matter how many minor changes they have made, it's still a very old car underneath, 4AT transmission, not to mention it's under-powered even with the new Turbo. I've heard that the 5AT transmission will be launched this September, let's wait and see.

Montero has got all the power in the world, problem is that this car is aging too even after the latest minor change with the new grill and rims. Comparing with the Fortuner, it lacks of the leather seats and HID head lamps. I am not really bothered by the sudden acceleration incident though, it was just one case that was spread and exaggerated by Toyota.

If 5 seats is OK with you, perhaps you may want to consider the base Sorento CRDi. You get even more power than the Montero, lots of interior room, and a much more modern platform.

I have a ninong with a 2005 Fortuner 3.0V. He was one of the first who got in line. Very dependable car, apparently. It was even Ondoy'd, heard the only casualty was the stereo. Ride quality is not so good, and interior room is cramped at the 2nd and 3rd rows. Another family friend has the 2009 2.5G A/T. This one, having the ceiling-mounted air vents, has very limited headroom as well on 2nd and 3rd rows. Have you driven the new 2.5VNT? So it was still underpowered for you?

With the Montero, if all you find lacking are leather seats and HID, then it's very easily fixed by a trip to Banawe...

You may want to get your family's opinion as well. Show them your choices, and weigh in their opinions. After all they'd be riding with you as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Fortuner for me. But since were at it why don"t you have a look at the Trailblazer. The new LTX version has leather seats 18 inch wheels and a backul camera. Plus you get an 6speed auto and a powerful engine. Tons of space too and the best 3rd row seats in its category.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Anyone knows why Mitsubishi don't offer test drives for Montero? Is there something fishy? Or are they just way too confident because many people are buying it?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Dealers shoulder 50% of the cost of a test drive vehicle so there's a tendency for some companies / owners to limit the test drives and use the vehicles personally after the contract expires. Occasionally, the distributor will offer test drive vehicles for newly launched models and they will bring the same batch of vehicles around the country for test drive at no cost to the dealer. If this is the case, the dealers are more than happy to tell you there's a test drive vehicle provided. After a few months of doing the rounds, the test drive vehicles are then sold at a low price.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

So, 7-seater pala at least ang kailangan mo.... Baka van ang dapat sa iyo...

Pili ka na lang kung nasaan ang puso at pitaka mo bro.... Mapa-diesel o gasolina,- okay sila....

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.9K:thud:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by orttech View Post

montero has projector headlamps
    how about Trailblazer and alterra?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast