New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Which is the better pickup? With respect to Fuel efficiency, performance, maintenance and parts availability etc.

Toyota Hilux
    Mitsubishi L200
    Nissan power eagle
    Mazda 2500

All are 4x2 1995-1997?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    from the choices above,

1st choice ko hilux
    then strada

hilux at that model has a better look then the strada at that time,

reliability wise, both are good, but strada has a dependable engine and has been proven.

try getting a truck that wasn't use for business as it would have been more taken cared of.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I reckon that the parts for Toyota's and Mit's are everywhere. Even surplus parts.

I think it is more important to be able to find a really 'good' 10 yr old pickup, regardless of make, so that you will have less trouble in the first place.

How does it help you if I say get a Toyota...and when you get your unit, you had to replace a lot of parts. In the end, you might spend more time fixing it than actually enjoying it. my 2 cents.

ayaw ko lang sa old-school pick-ups na yan is yung legroom for the rar passenger cabin..sikip...

napakabihira ako makakita ng nagbebenta ng late-model na hilux 4wd(yung pinalitang model)

L200 and fuego are the most common, yung power eagle series naman, medyo "walang power" sa segment na to.....reliable din naman...

bung b2500, bibihira din, common is yung b2200-rf pa ang makina.. b2500 WL na ata yung makina, pero non-turbo..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hilux and Strada din ako....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ako L200. Matagtag lang pero, very reliable. Pero kung gusto mong mag ala terorista go for the hi-lux lagyan mo ng machine gun ala afghanistan. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Ako L200. Matagtag lang pero, very reliable. Pero kung gusto mong mag ala terorista go for the hi-lux lagyan mo ng machine gun ala afghanistan. hehehe
    hahahahahahaha parang yung mga Technical na pwede pa iupgrade sa rocket launcher.

Old school pickups pros and cons