New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    hi!

i'm in the market for a pick-up for my business. my budget is around P400,000 max. i used to own a nissan frontier 2.7E m/t when i was in college so i'm kinda familiar with it.

here's my top 3 choices:

second gen. strada 4x4.
    fuego 4x2 or 4x4.
    frontier again but this time i'll get an a/t 4x2.

your opinions and comments will be much appreciated.

thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Excellent choices all of them. i'll have a hard time picking out just one myself.

depending on use, i would probably just prioritize the car with a chain driven engine for lower cost of ownership years down the road. diesel engines with rubber timing belts are known to snap belts like crazy pag napapabayaan ang maintenance. that's why more modern diesel engines now seem to come with chain drives.

of your choices, the nissan has the chain drive. not sure about the fuego. the mitsu never came out with a 2.8 with the chain, they are all 2.5 with the belt.

riding comfort pareho lang sila.

good luck. good choice on the automatic... diesel automatics are very sturdy for the most part... makaka sampung palit ka na ng manual clutch bago masira ang matic, at masira man, madami sila piyesa at surplus parts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Fuego uses a chain like crosswinds. Pero ridden both fuego and frontier, i'd prefer the nissan. Hindi ko alam kung anong meron sa frontier na hindi ko mahanap sa fuego.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mahihirapan ka sa 4x4 na gen 2 strada at P400K. So I guess Fuego na 4x2 since pang-business. Matipid sa diesel at maintenance IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zeepey View Post
    hi!

i'm in the market for a pick-up for my business. my budget is around P400,000 max. i used to own a nissan frontier 2.7E m/t when i was in college so i'm kinda familiar with it.

here's my top 3 choices:

second gen. strada 4x4.
    fuego 4x2 or 4x4.
    frontier again but this time i'll get an a/t 4x2.

your opinions and comments will be much appreciated.

thanks guys!
    I agree with volts, good choices there.

Probably for durability I'd go fuego. Suspension, engine etc. is very sturdy. I've watched one video in youtube wherein a fuego crossed a deep flood without having any problems/hesitations.

For good looks and comfort, I'd get the Frontier. I don't know but I still find the frontier good-looking up to now. Maybe because I'm not used to seeing them. Anyways rode in one, comfort is pretty good. It's not your usual matagtag pick-up. Ground clearance is so-so, not that high hence stability is fair.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Isuzu Fuego 2.8L nalang. The body is proven many times over by the numerous Chinese companies that still use its mold and also by the numerous Fuegos and IPVs still on the road. the 4JB1-T engine is built to last and has proven its mettle by the numerous trucks and jeepneys that carry this engine in various configurations. And also by the fact that it is still being produced today by neophyte Chinese carmakers. I suggest you get the Fuego 2.8L DI Turbo A/T 4x4. But you might have to extend your budget for that as Fuegos have very high resale values. Here's a 2000 4x4 M/T for 450k.
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Isuzu+Fuego+MT+00-1858779.htm

Or, you can consider the Ford Ranger. Toughness and reliability is a given, and its also the most powerful in its class. (2.5L 12V turbo intercooler) 2nd hand price is also not as high as its Japanese rivals.
    Here's a 2004 4x2 M/T for 420k
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Ford+Ranger+M...04-1745895.htm
    And a 2002 4x4 M/T for 440k
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/Ford+Ranger+MT+02-1765511.htm

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks guys! some points that i noticed with the following units after riding/driving them..

fuego: most unrefined engined among the three.
    gen two strada: offers the best driver and passenger comfort pero these are a bit out of my budget pala.

i was really opting for the strada pero it seems getting a frontier again with an a/t is the best option. my former was a 2000 model 4x2 m/t that clocked almost 250,000 kms when i sold it in 2004 ... kung wala lang akong driver and sell my other car i'll definetely get a navara kaso most driving will be done by my delivery boys. sayang naman hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Bakit wala ang Mazda sa pinagpipilian mo?Reliable naman ang mga mazda light trucks(B2200/2500),mura pa surplus na makina.Di mo na kailangang i-overhaul pa kung malaki ng magagasta,palit na lang. Ok din ang isuzu trucks dahil timing gear ang mga ito.Wala ng papalitan na timing belt na mas advisable for business use as mileage accomulate faster.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Fuego uses a chain like crosswinds. Pero ridden both fuego and frontier, i'd prefer the nissan. Hindi ko alam kung anong meron sa frontier na hindi ko mahanap sa fuego.
    The Fuego, at least 4ja-1 engine, does not use a timing chain rather they utilize cam gears. HTH

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *babkalakal-Thanks for the correction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
old pick-ups comparo.