New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe you ought to keep away from casa estimates if you don't want to get shocked by the prices. heck, regardless of the brand you'd still get the same estimate from other cars.

parts of the lynx are available in banawe (karmelcon & fordland).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    wow! an dami agad ah kumain lang ako saglit hehe, bilib talaga ko sa mga taga Tsikot

theveed - budget would be around the same price na pag-b-bentahan ko nung lynx cguro mga 300 - 350 yun kung magdadagdag ako ng konti.

cris - yep, medya mahal nga kaya nai-isip ko bitawan na.

Niky / Mguy - you really think so? na yun na yung problema nya? maintenance cost is the main reason I would sell it. well, medyo mababa na talaga yung resale nya as in siguro almost 1/3 na lang nung original price unlike a toyota or a honda. I really can't afford a brand-new car this year, saka na lang yun. hmmm, makes sense, if I get a 2nd hand unit, baka ganun din ang gastusin ko no? if i spend it on the lynx, at least its still the car that know everything about of, pati tama ng bike ng anak ko hehe.

mazda2 - hindi ko kasi alam yung banawe masyado hehe, baka may number ka naman nila? paki PM if OK?

baiskee, akuma, mile, carlo, mr pink, yep guys, those are the two cars I have in mind, more of the Civic actually (not the EK, graduate na ko dun), corolla? ayaw ko din sana, kasi corolla ko ngayon eh. Kaya heto , magulo na talaga isip ko hehe
    Last edited by an0nim0us; January 17th, 2006 at 02:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sakin, the fact that you've been taking good care of the car, I'd keep it unless nasisiraan ka talaga lagi...

Nowadays, new cars last quite a while pag namamaintain.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Sakin, the fact that you've been taking good care of the car, I'd keep it unless nasisiraan ka talaga lagi...

Nowadays, new cars last quite a while pag namamaintain.

3 votes na to keep!, Ok naman yung car 'cept for the shocks na palitin, siguro lang parang kung baga sa negosyo eh talong-talo na ko dun sa kotse - low resale, high cost ng parts. now, i'm having 2nd thoughts = )

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy
    If you're not going to replace your 5-year old car with a brand new car, don't replace it at all.
    i share this opinion too. not unless the car your replacing it with would be a big improvement in terms of car class.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I support keeping it na rin, but 300k would get you halfway in with good terms for a brand new Honda City. The City has better headroom (in my opinion) despite being narrow. And running costs for the City should be much lower, with the 10,000 km oil change and tune-up (instead of 5,000). Kulit ako, noh? :lol:

Oo nga, have a look around muna for replacement parts. For MAF Sensors and Cam sensors, stuck ka nga sa casa, but at least prices for these parts aren't excessive compared to other casas. As for shocks, dampers and springs, those are available outside. Check Fordclubph.com also to find out where other Lynx guys go for their parts. I can't personally comment because I'm still under warranty. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your budget will have a hard time to add 150-200K for a '02 to '03 model sedan in good condition (i.e. Civic Vti, Corolla Altis J or E, etc.), keep it... or sell and save up for d/p on a new car Nothing beats the peace of mind of owning a car you "know".

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    eh di 2003-2004 Lynx Ghia.

mashado mahal Altis at Civic ES for 350k

if you want 2002 Opel Astra or Nissan Exalta Grandeur GS N16.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the inputs guys, my options now are:

1. Civic VTi 01, pero over budget ito as I'm expecting only about 300K from the sale of the lynx.
    2. Lancer 02 - 03, at least medyo konti lang idadagdag ko siguro. Logic dictates that I consider also the Altis, but heck It's my current car! ayaw ko na hehe.
    3. Keep the lynx, find a good store to get lower-priced shock absorbers. good to go for another 2 years or so, but not sure of the other parts = (
    4. Keep the lynx for another year, then get a Honda City, at least tapos na yung Altis ko next year hehe.

Sana hindi mabasa yung numbers 3 and 4 nung pinsan ko na naghi-hintay nung lynx = )

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3. -> cruven / zee will repair your shock absorbers for less than P500 each. hehe!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
OK pampalit na sedan?