New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    If your wife wants the CRV, then that is your decision already. For me, it's either Terra or CRV. We have bad experience with Subaru lately regarding repairs so I may stay clear of Subaru for the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    While I prefer the diesel CRV over the gas, I'd still get a gas CRV vs a Terra or Forester.
    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    It's hard to recommend a PPV if you don't need 3 rows. Top heavy, very prone to rollovers. Drives like a truck. No matter what they do, it won't ride or drive even close to a crossover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I have both a diesel CR-V (1.6V) and a Terra (4x2 VL).
    If you don't need the extra space, or go offroad I'd get the CR-V. A lot easier to use given the smaller, Metro Manila friendlier dimensions. You may want to consider the diesel version as it has more torque and for me a better match for the body vs the 2.0L gas engine.
    Better to buy a car you're happy with than a car which just ticks the right boxes but doesn't bring joy to you.
    Now if you like the Terra more while your wife prefers the CRV, then just weigh whose happiness matters more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    you know the saying " Happy wife Happy Life"
    it seems the Honda CRV will be your choice.
    You might not be 100% as happy as your wife at least you won't get nagged and complained upon if you picked the Terra.
    Try to get some add on to the CRV to make it more masculine. The Mugen or modulo kit for the CRV is quite nice. A good looking 18" aftermarket rim will also make it appear more rugged.
    I did a test drive yesterday of both Terra and CRV again. I cannot replace the looks for the ride comfort. Maybe I should just look away when seeing a terra on the road.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys. Really made me decide on which to pick. We are getting the CRV gas and made a reservation. The looks is already growing on me especially the white color, hard to maintain the cleanliness though. I can endure the price of gas vs the diesel but the nagging of the wife maybe not. Thanks everyone!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Bagel View Post
    I did a test drive yesterday of both Terra and CRV again. I cannot replace the looks for the ride comfort. Maybe I should just look away when seeing a terra on the road.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys. Really made me decide on which to pick. We are getting the CRV gas and made a reservation. The looks is already growing on me especially the white color, hard to maintain the cleanliness though. I can endure the price of gas vs the diesel but the nagging of the wife maybe not. Thanks everyone!
    Congrats and good choice!!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Great job on the decisiveness and congrats on the new car!

White is the best color for the CRV, in my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

You are the man! Dont get the gas. Its was extremely regrettable for one dude. Never make it sound the wife pushed you.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The advantage of the gas version is the quieter engine, smoother transmission, and cheaper price. The engine mount also doesn't wear out prematurely.

All that is offset by the torque of the diesel, which is more useful especially with a full load, much better fuel efficiency, and the ability to occasionally seat 7.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    You are the man! Dont get the gas. Its was extremely regrettable for one dude. Never make it sound the wife pushed you.
    Parang Sodom and Gomorrah...No looking back na....

Bahala na si....
    giphy-2-.jpg

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Great job on the decisiveness and congrats on the new car!

White is the best color for the CRV, in my opinion.

Thanks again!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Naah, gas crossovers will be fine. There are still people who would opt for refinement.

Speedy Bagel - congrats on your new ride. Enjoy the trips with your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Congrats on your choice, that was also what I had in mind if i were in your place, though I never thought the Terra to be beautiful, masculine would be the right description for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123