New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Incubus007 View Post
    I don't think the ranger can really hit the speed of 190 km/h like the navara as shown in the you tube video, coz I think the ranger's power train is electronically programmed to be limited in terms of speed due to SAFETY reasons. I referred this issue to a FORD Head mechanic, and he confirms that this is true. Volvo Cars, being the safest car in the world and under the umbrella of FORD Motors Corporation, has its safety stature being adopted to all cars under FORD Motors (which includes Land Rover, Mazda, Jaguar, et al.).

In terms of the uphill king, I believe the Power Ranger would still merit the crown, as I always believe that FORD cars has always got the muscle in this arena. But of course, that would still have to be REALLY tried and tested in its actuality.
    teka lang po... no offense meant but are FORD RANGER EQUIPPED WITH SPEED LIMITERS? kasi ang alam ko pong may speed limiters ay sports cars or high performance sedans lang... (350Z, CAMRY, ACCORD and the likes) pero a pick up? i really doubt it...

F.Y.I. these are the specs of the Navara used in the test (based on the link provided)... not the high charge turbo which has 174 hp.... i dunno with the 174 but this 142 hp engine would definitely lose to the 3.0 liter Ranger

[SIZE=2]Make[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Nissan[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Model[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Frontier Navara 4x2[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Engine[/SIZE][SIZE=2]2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve CRDi with turbo intercooler[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Max. Power[/SIZE][SIZE=2]142hp*4000rpm[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Max. Torque[/SIZE][SIZE=2]356Nm*2000rpm[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Transmission[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6-Speed M/T[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Rating[/SIZE]

Ford pick ups are really good though... im just concerned kasi ang dami yatang fan boys... (peace po ah? let's just straighten up the facts)

yun lang po... just my two cents...

2. jondy is offline Tsikot Mindanao Chapter Moderator
    ridihil

bro i guess some ford truck really have speed limiters.

lets just give an example sa ford expedition na stock. it has a v8 engine but its top speed is just * 160kph. my uncle has one and have tested it already.

as for me we have an 07 everest 3.0, its topspeed is only 170kph on a flat road kung pababa naman it can reach 178. from 0-160 its fast but above 160 * 3500rpm gapang na. IMHO

same din with our new busses here in mindanao, all of i had ridden had speed limiters until 110kph only. pag akyatan mabagal talaga kc hanggang 2krpm lang cla. sbi ng mga drivers may cut off daw yung engine above 2krpm. but yung mga old busses mas mabibilis pa. IMHO

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jondy View Post
    ridihil

bro i guess some ford truck really have speed limiters.

lets just give an example sa ford expedition na stock. it has a v8 engine but its top speed is just * 160kph. my uncle has one and have tested it already.

as for me we have an 07 everest 3.0, its topspeed is only 170kph on a flat road kung pababa naman it can reach 178. from 0-160 its fast but above 160 * 3500rpm gapang na. IMHO

same din with our new busses here in mindanao, all of i had ridden had speed limiters until 110kph only. pag akyatan mabagal talaga kc hanggang 2krpm lang cla. sbi ng mga drivers may cut off daw yung engine above 2krpm. but yung mga old busses mas mabibilis pa. IMHO
    well if that's true, eh di sige. pero bro, an exped has a 8 cylinder engine... a ranger only has four, diesel pa. baka naman kasi yun lang talaga kaya ng engine... i mean no offense meant uli sa ford owners here... ford trucks are good trucks naman. pero to say that is has limiters, well unless makita ko sya, maniniwala ako... =)

if indeed busses in mindanao have speed limiters too, well that's great to hear then. but these vehicles have only so much power for them to reach a specific speed lang lalo na't diesel sila.

my point is simple. the Navara has 174 hp. the ranger i think has 160+ lang... so the 190 kph top speed of the Navara being faster than the Ranger does make sense....

yung speed limiters stuff, parang marketing stuff na lang ng ford yun.... -)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ridihil View Post

yung speed limiters stuff, parang marketing stuff na lang ng ford yun.... -)
    Sa tuning lang yan. Compromises between power, economy, and emmissions.

Just look at the grand starex. 2.5 liter engine rin. 170++ hp rin.

Also, there are modded 3.0 liter rangers/d-4d's out there giving 210 hp.

sa 4x4 na navara, sinagad na nila yung output sa displacement. And it supposedly pays for it with the lack of low end torque.

As I said, sana may magpakita ng actual power curves ng navara para matapos na to.

And about the speed limiters. The Santa fe, with its 2.2 liter CRDi engine, has been reported to go over 200 kph. The ford focus, with the 2.0 liter engine, 220 kph. But the ranger and navara (as well as the expy, which is also truck based) have high centers of gravity - adding a speed limiter would be logical to prevent some rollover events (I think ABS or EBD wouldn't save you from turning turtle at hard braking and turning with 200++ kph).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Sa tuning lang yan. Compromises between power, economy, and emmissions.

Just look at the grand starex. 2.5 liter engine rin. 170++ hp rin.

Also, there are modded 3.0 liter rangers/d-4d's out there giving 210 hp.

sa 4x4 na navara, sinagad na nila yung output sa displacement. And it supposedly pays for it with the lack of low end torque.

As I said, sana may magpakita ng actual power curves ng navara para matapos na to.

And about the speed limiters. The Santa fe, with its 2.2 liter CRDi engine, has been reported to go over 200 kph. The ford focus, with the 2.0 liter engine, 220 kph. But the ranger and navara (as well as the expy, which is also truck based) have high centers of gravity - adding a speed limiter would be logical to prevent some rollover events (I think ABS or EBD wouldn't save you from turning turtle at hard braking and turning with 200++ kph).

sir, any idea ano ginawa na mod. sa ranger at naka 210hp ito ?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Figure's from a ranger owner from brazil.
    [ame="http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=0HWR0ay-fT4&feature=related"]YouTube - Ford Ranger Limited 3.0 Diesel[/ame]

The ranger there looks more like the north american version, but the engine is the same 3.0 duratorq they have in the 2007 asean model.

Apparently, it's a chip mod.

It has 163 hp at 3.800 rpm, stock. This one that you saw in the video has 210 hp with chip work. It cames with 38,7 kgf between 1600-2200 rpm. This engine configuration do not have a torque peak, but a great plateau.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...ldtrak1_1w.jpg

saw 5 units of black ranger WILDTRAK here in batangas pero di ko mapost pictures kya eto na lang. ilalabas pa lang sa yard, baka tomorrow ilabas na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I woudn't touch the Navarra, not with it's 1-star safety rating.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I woudn't touch the Navarra, not with it's 1-star safety rating.
    Correction its 3 star out of 5 they have updated their software for all the unit already the problems was due to delayed deployment of the airbag...

heres the link so your updated... you just search an old news... plus this is europe based findings it differs from asian made navara.. but nonetheless they fix whats has to be done..

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/nissan...008_2/319.aspx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan Navarra vs. Ford Ranger