New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Up for this thread. Just like the TS, i have a dilemma which between the Ford XLS 4x4 and Nissan Navara EL 4x4. I also consider the hilux E 4x4 but the tagtag issue will be a big no specially kay commander since natatagtagan na sya sa 2016 strada. For the the 2, what is your experience with both with regard to:

1. Maintenance Cost (Mahal "daw" ang FORD compare to other brands. Is this really true? Like is it 50-100% more expensive?)
    2. Durability
    3. Reliabilty(most comments are for FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily, is this really proven or just a myth?)
    4. Load capacity since once in a while will carry sacks of rice. For the navara, is it true that it cannot carry that much load. I read that 1ton is the payload capacity for the navara and 1.2ton for the ranger. Is this accurate as per actual use? Or is it lower in actual use?

Thanks in advance for your comments and inputs.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhec View Post
    Up for this thread. Just like the TS, i have a dilemma which between the Ford XLS 4x4 and Nissan Navara EL 4x4. I also consider the hilux E 4x4 but the tagtag issue will be a big no specially kay commander since natatagtagan na sya sa 2016 strada. For the the 2, what is your experience with both with regard to:

1. Maintenance Cost (Mahal "daw" ang FORD compare to other brands. Is this really true? Like is it 50-100% more expensive?)
    2. Durability
    3. Reliabilty(most comments are for FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily, is this really proven or just a myth?)
    4. Load capacity since once in a while will carry sacks of rice. For the navara, is it true that it cannot carry that much load. I read that 1ton is the payload capacity for the navara and 1.2ton for the ranger. Is this accurate as per actual use? Or is it lower in actual use?

For Ranger only

1. Ranger PMS is every 1 year or 10,000 kilometers whichever comes first. Mahal? same with Nissan mahal din daw.
    2. Durability - 8,000+ kilometers pa lang Ranger wala pa akong masabi same with reliability
    3. Reliability -
    4. Load capacity panalo si Ranger. Ranger's payload is 1ton, Navara's payload is almost 1.2tons pero sa 300 kilos bumpy at halos bagsak na ang likuran ni Navara kaya ng makina hindi ng katawan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhec View Post

2. Durability

1) Maintanance Cost: Every 6months/10000 km ang PMS ng Nissan. nakaka 5 na PMS na kami at ang pinakamahal na namin is less than 20k php (40k kms pms). yung pinakamura is 5-6k at mas madalas pa yun.
    2) Durability: Mag tatatlong taon pa lang Navara namin at regular PMS lang ang gastos namin. No major/minor repairs encountered.
    3) Reliability: same with number 2.
    4) Load Capacity: Cement Mixer, cement bags, steel bars, plywood, coco lumber, wires, at welding machine madalas load ng navara namin. Di pa naman namin nakita dumapa yung navara namin. Dami din naman aftermarket parts (like Airbagman, etc) na available sa market pero di pa naman namin kinailangan yun. Basta alam mo lang ang capacity at di ka naman magkakaproblema.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Thanks on your inputs. Very much helpful and appreciated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234