New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    sory new bie

what do u mean sir?
    You just did it! Text speak ala TXT. Type the full words completely, you are not limited to 160 characters so say YOU instead of U.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    With Carens...you never have to worry overtaking. Given livina has more features...Carens has the power!!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusthegreat View Post
    With Carens...you never have to worry overtaking. Given livina has more features...Carens has the power!!!!
    yup even when loaded with 9 adults talagang hindi ka mabibitin when overtaking. the torque is more than enough.

space wise talo talaga livina whether headroom, shoulder room or knee room. sa 2nd row hanggang 3 tao(normal size adult) lang ang kaya ng livina.

but safety features hands down sa livina. though carens has a good euroncap crash test rating.

bang for the buck i'll give it to livina. sobrang mahal na ang carens ngayon

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    yup even when loaded with 9 adults talagang hindi ka mabibitin when overtaking. the torque is more than enough.

space wise talo talaga livina whether headroom, shoulder room or knee room. sa 2nd row hanggang 3 tao(normal size adult) lang ang kaya ng livina.

but safety features hands down sa livina. though carens has a good euroncap crash test rating.

lucky for us who bought carens before the price increases!!! Sarap i-drive....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post

Yup, space wise lamang ang carens but if the buyer wants space hands down na tayo sa innova, di ba? I agree that EuroCap crash testing, one of the best ang Carens ALSO 7star rating in US crash test (not the Phil. model) remember (for info ng prospective buyer ng Carens), to make the carens cheaper (due to high CBU korean car tax) they removed the front airbags, the curtain airbags and ABS, etc..(almost bare nga sabi ng ibang carens owner). And now they modified the second row seat (totoo nga ba ito?). Whereas the GL that got the title Asia's grandiest MPV, Car of the year awards, etc.. is almost the same model we have in Philippines.

Another yup, carens has a very torqy engine (thumbs up) but in San Mateo, Marikina area it is useless kasi swerte ka na kung maka 40kph ka and besides para sa mga family man na tulad ko na always bringing the family out of town during weekends, sa 120 kph ay may palpitation na ako, safety first before power for me. lastly, for a 5 members family like me, aalog-alog na kami sa GL and sometimes naka-fold na lang ang third row.

SHARING IS CARING.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If you doing 40 k/ h then GL is diffinitely for you. Pero sarap talaga i-drive 'tong carens. This is indeed a call to columbian motors. Put the ABS and airbags....para tapos na boxing!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    My 2 pennies worth

I think its a case per case basis. The Carens is very good I just find it a bit overpriced given the distributor keeps on cutting features and the Livina to a better value kasi yung high end Livina is less than a million pero loaded na with leather seats and nice beige trims. The Carens CRDi though is a champion, I haven't tried the Carens but if the Carens CRDi is any similar to the Santa Fe's then alam kong champion talaga yan and I would rather have that engine than a 1.8L petrol of the Livina.

And oh yeah regarding the Carens topping the Autofocus polls, I think it does not say anything at all and it would be best to ignore it. Kasi that poll is being pumped up by fanboys voting again and again. Pansin nyo halos lahat ng Korean cars are in the top. I am not saying they don't deserve it but come on the Getz better than the Jazz. I would take the Jazz without any hesitation is just simply a better car.
    Autofocus survey is,Yeah, pump up indeed....civic fans nagpa-PAN na ng husto. Grabe , garci yata civic owner!!!! They overtook starex and will take automobile of the year any time now.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    See I told you! So why should we believe that Autofocus poll. You were the one suggesting to us to take a look at the polls as a basis why the car is better. If there was a more credible poll, I think the journalists poll is better (I forgot the name of that poll). But ultimately the best poll is the sales IMO. But of course, test driving is the mother of all polls. Test drive before you buy!
    Last edited by tidus1203; November 13th, 2008 at 07:25 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusthegreat View Post
    If you doing 40 k/ h then GL is diffinitely for you. Pero sarap talaga i-drive 'tong carens. This is indeed a call to columbian motors. Put the ABS and airbags....para tapos na boxing!
    Yes, I would like to see CAC to put the ABS and airbags to Carens and tapos na talaga ang boxing; it will be between fortunner, carens, CRV (in terms of price category) and it would be battle of price and Carens will not be considered an MPV at all anymore because of the second row seat modification and price; maging SUV na sya.

And if you happen to pass in San Mateo/Marikina/pasig/etc.. area, whether you have the most powerful engine (actually I am really impress with Carens engine), you have to play with the music; 40kph; peace bro, hehehe....let's give the prospective buyers an objective choice (unlike CAC promo boasting of 7star US crash test/euro crash test to entice prospective buyers of buying Carens without them knowing that it is almost bare of safety features just to lower the cost)...remember they will spending a big amount of money...

I don't believe in Autofocus poll also...

SHARING IS CARING.....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    See I told you! So why should we believe that Autofocus poll. You were the one suggesting to us to take a look at the polls as a basis why the car is better. If there was a more credible poll, I think the journalists poll is better (I forgot the name of that poll). But ultimately the best poll is the sales IMO. But of course, test driving is the mother of all polls. Test drive before you buy!
    The carens have already won numerous awards here and aboard.

dito sa atin the Carens won

2007 Mini-People's Carrier Award by C! Magazine Annual Automobile Award
    2007 Compact Van/MPV Award by Petron Car of the Year Award
    2007 Compact MPV Award by Car Awards Group, Inc. (CAGI)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Nissan Livina or Kia Carens