New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi guys,

we all know that the Livina will still be available next year (????)).. Would the wait be worth it or just get a kia caren na lang...

I notice that the kia's gas version can produce 140+ hp... sa nissan mas mababa (MR18). would you think the livina will be a slow machine compared to the carens...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I checked out nissan livina before I bought my Carens, then I said even if it came out, I'd still get the Carens. Looks, I like Carens better; Livina has no CRDI version.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Imperialv, if preferred mo gas wait for the Livina, I doubt kung maglabas sila CRDi. Yung CRDi Carens listed hp140. That's more than enough for me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys, I'm shopping for a car right now and since I'm a family man on a budget, it all boils down to the Toyota Innova and the Kia Carens. From what I've heard, the Nissan Livina will generally be in the same category (price-wise and feature-wise) as these two so I guess I would be interested in finding out the opinions posted in this thread.

When will the Livina be released anyway? If it's in the very near future, I might wait it out and see.... But if it will be released more than two months from now, I might end up with the Carens...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I've read a review on the Livina on Topgear mag. They test rode the car in thailand I think. They mentioned it will only have a 1.5li gas engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Livina, if it's being brought in from Yulon, will have no CRDi version. It seems to be around the same size as the Carens or smaller.

It'll probably be a comfy, plush, well-appointed car. If you don't mind buying a gasoline vehicle, it'll probably be a decent choice.

As for the Innova, the D4D is less refined than the CRDi in the Carens, but it's not bad. The only issue is the difference in ride comfort... otherwise, the Innova is a more utilitarian vehicle, with more space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Livina, if it's being brought in from Yulon, will have no CRDi version. It seems to be around the same size as the Carens or smaller.

It'll probably be a comfy, plush, well-appointed car. If you don't mind buying a gasoline vehicle, it'll probably be a decent choice.

As for the Innova, the D4D is less refined than the CRDi in the Carens, but it's not bad. The only issue is the difference in ride comfort... otherwise, the Innova is a more utilitarian vehicle, with more space.

Thanks for all the inputs guys! Was just wondering... does anyone have the comparative dimensions of all three vehicles (Innova, Carens and Livina)? I'm just curious...

Bro Niky, you're right about the Innova being a bit utilitarian. The interior of the Carens is much better than that of the Innova...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova is bigger inside (I'm sorry, I don't have the exact dimensions), but the Carens seats fold completely flat:

That's the one big issue I have with the Innova... the third row can't fold flat to the floor, and there's no way to easily remove them. But you can always stuff junk on top of the seat... ...I actually prefer the driving and handling of the Innova more than the Carens (it's just a little bit too soft), but the ride comfort is just so-so... at least it isn't as bad as the Fortuner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Didn't have a chance to see the Livina when NMPI displayed it here at the car show last August.
    I assume it has less space than the Carens.
    The Grand Livina uses the same exact 2600 mm (102.4 in) wheelbase as its platform-mate, the Tiida.

You could say the Grand Livina is like a station wagon Tiida stuffed with a 3rd row seat.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hmmm... the Livina looks nice but based on the pictures, the seating space inside the Livina does seem more cramped than that of the Carens.... if it's the same price as the Carens, I might just go for the Carens.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Nissan Livina or Kia Carens