New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    like what they said it all depends on the use/purpose of the Car. so im in for Innova, space & comfort is big factor for me co'z my Family like to travel a lot, exploring different places.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by emms1121 View Post
    Hindi comparable bro. MPV vs AUV. Livina is comparable sa space wagon ng mitsu only a little bigger. Yung pagiging magaan at malaking makina (1.8) ang nagcontribute sa good fc ng Grand Livina.
    Tama the Grand Livina is more like the Space Gear while yung Innove eh parang Mitsubishi Adventure.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup, mas mataas ang Innova but it all boils down sa instinct ng driver, I was able to save my GL nung 3 ft deep pa lang yung flood water last Ondoy sa subdivision namin but my neighbors Innova were all submerged in flood.

More than a year na ang GL ko, 3rd row is reserved for my youngest son, 60% lang ang thermo set and fanset is 2 only.

SHARING IS CARING.....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    Yup, mas mataas ang Innova but it all boils down sa instinct ng driver, I was able to save my GL nung 3 ft deep pa lang yung flood water last Ondoy sa subdivision namin but my neighbors Innova were all submerged in flood.

More than a year na ang GL ko, 3rd row is reserved for my youngest son, 60% lang ang thermo set and fanset is 2 only.

SHARING IS CARING.....
    oh? bakit ganun sir? baka hindi na naisalba mga innova nila too late na. ako i drove my friend's livina nung ondoy, ang baha hanggang bewang. naging amphibian ang livina eh. umabot sa loob ang tubig. kaawa ang livina niya. sayang high end pa naman ang variant. TSK.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gelahascue View Post
    oh? bakit ganun sir? baka hindi na naisalba mga innova nila too late na. ako i drove my friend's livina nung ondoy, ang baha hanggang bewang. naging amphibian ang livina eh. umabot sa loob ang tubig. kaawa ang livina niya. sayang high end pa naman ang variant. TSK.
    well, actually sir, yung lugar namin ay eversince di pa binaha, 1992 pa kami dun ay wala pang baha na nangyari but during that day, nakiramdam ako and I notice di na gumagana yung drainage namin which means mataas na level ng tubig sa ilog, so yun nga, due to my instinct I decided to bring my GL to higher places, naging amphibian din ang GL ko, but I drove a little bit faster para maitulak ko yung flow ng tubig forward whereas my kapitbahays where confident na di na aabutin yung mga Innova nila sa Basketball court namin which is quite elevated na.

When they tried to flee ay it was too late na nga. A few centimeters in height doesn't mean anything pag over-confident ang owner. And if you care for your car, even if you know your car has height advantage you won't risk driving into flooded street unless emergency na lang. Otherwise, you let the flood to subside bago ka mag-drive.

SHARING IS CARING.....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    TSK! lupit talaga ni Ondoy....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post

When they tried to flee ay it was too late na nga. A few centimeters in height doesn't mean anything pag over-confident ang owner. And if you care for your car, even if you know your car has height advantage you won't risk driving into flooded street unless emergency na lang. Otherwise, you let the flood to subside bago ka mag-drive.

SHARING IS CARING.....
    korek! hehe. even the tall montero di nakaligtas sa ondoy. BAD ONDOY!

mas prone ba talaga ang mga gas engines sa stall pag nabasa sa baha? i mean normal na baha.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. I've driven cars with the alternator and even the cylinder head underwater. If the rubber is in good condition, spark plugs and distributors will still work underwater. They're sealed.

One episode of Thunder Races had contestants drive their creations twenty feet underwater. All they had to do was raise the air intake and mufflers twenty feet and seal the ECUs against water.

Whatever car you're driving, if water gets into the intake, it's game over. The difference with diesel trucks is that the intake is usually shielded in the fender, so it's not prone to sucking up water from bow waves, and has a small reserve of air left in there should it go under.

The best defense against flood is full knowledge of your car and exercising due caution. Know how high the intake is and whether it's vulnerable to bow waves from trucks. Know where your ECU is, whether it's water-sealed (most aren't) and if it's in the cabin, how water-tight your door seals are.

And when in doubt... stay out of the water. See all those dead SUVs littering the dealerships after Ondoy? I'm sure they thought they were pretty waterproof, too. Even with a car that's functionally waterproof, like the Everest (waterproof computer box), you can spend tens to hundreds of thousands on minor repairs (window switches, transmission controls, dashboard) and cleaning.
    Last edited by niky; March 7th, 2010 at 01:00 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'm also making the same decision. I drive with wife, 2 infants (therefore 2 car seats) and sometimes a yaya.

Had a couple of questions, hopefully someone can answer:

1) Isn't the Innova a gas guzzler compared to the GL, both gas and diesel, MT & AT?

2) Isn't the Innova more expensive? People here talk about the G variant being better than the GL but isn't the Innova G more expensive than the comparable GL mid level (which is an AT)? So staying on or below the 900k-980k price range, does Innova still make sense? Or do you definitely need to pay more?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I actually need to buy a car this week as I sold my last car and am just borrowing one (and need to return soon).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    A poster here mentioned that the Livina has an FC of 10km//L...that got my attention.

According to some material on www.nissan.com.ph, FC is something like 14 - 17km/L for the M/T, 12-15km/L for the A/T, mixed city/highway driving(di lang nga fully loaded, just 3 people per unit)

Kung totoo nga ang numbers...that's...amazing for a 1.8L engine -- on an MPV at that!

Grand Livina owners, care to post your FC's here? tia

The flyer sited 10 reasons for the FC, though what stands out for me is the all aluminum engine block and ripple shock absorbers(same technology daw as the 350Z')...pero does it mean that you have to get the same type(and possibly more expensive than the ordinary type) of shocks once you need to replace the originals?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Nissan Grand Livina or Toyota Innova ?? [MERGED]