New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    fellow tsikoteers. kindly asking for your inputs.

yung bayaw ko (family of 3 with a 2year old) is looking to replace his non-running civic lx-carb. ang main na limiting factor is his budget around 270k. fuel efficient, manual transmission and sedan a must.

promising leads from repossesed units (security bank, east west, psbank and also HMR auction. reasonable mileages 19-45k kms. yun nga lang bidding pa.

2014-2018 models
    1.almera 1.2 MT (occasionally may 1.5 MT na pasok)
    2.mirage g4 1.2 glx/gls MT
    3.accent 1.4 MT

nahihilo na kami kahahanap. ang mirage daw makalampag, the accent interior is extra hard and shiny, i know next to nothing sa almera. so yun po. best bet among the choices. help!

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would avoid the mirage. I've ridden so many grab mirages and they all suck.

I rented the almera (4AT) and its ok but a little cramped. steering and suspension are ok. brakes are good(hindi tinanggal yun brake assist unlike sa pinas).

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i actually paid for reservation on an almera last year during their sale. too bad naubusan ako ng stock i'd daily drive it even if it looks like an early 2000's car inside and out LOL

mirage is kinda small, i don't think it belongs in this group

accent, yan ba yung walang airbags?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yes. accent without airbags otherwise overbudget na.

ang nakita pa lang namin in person mirage at accent. from pics parang maluwag daw almera so definitely have to see in person soon. attracted siya sa mirage dahil sa fuel economy. full stop. ewan ko lang kung naka test drive siya ng mirage.

nagpapasama nga tumingin ng almera nakita niya kaso sa lubao pampangga..and we are from dasmariñas cavite. ouch..

thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yes. accent without airbags otherwise overbudget na.

ang nakita pa lang namin in person mirage at accent. from pics parang maluwag daw almera so definitely have to see in person soon. attracted siya sa mirage dahil sa fuel economy. full stop. ewan ko lang kung naka test drive siya ng mirage.

nagpapasama nga tumingin ng almera nakita niya kaso sa lubao pampangga..and we are from dasmariñas cavite. ouch..

thanks.
    pampangga has the best sisig and porq bbq.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Pinaka maluwag ang Almera sa choices. Okay din daw sa aircon at suspension. Sana puwede ma-test drive.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009

yung bayaw ko (family of 3 with a 2year old) is looking to replace his non-running civic lx-carb. ang main na limiting factor is his budget around 270k. fuel efficient, manual transmission and sedan a must.

promising leads from repossesed units (security bank, east west, psbank and also HMR auction. reasonable mileages 19-45k kms. yun nga lang bidding pa.

2014-2018 models
    3.accent 1.4 MT

nahihilo na kami kahahanap. ang mirage daw makalampag, the accent interior is extra hard and shiny, i know next to nothing sa almera. so yun po. best bet among the choices. help!

thanks

Have experience on all 3 though iba't ibang year model pero same din naman. Got a 2021 Almera 1.5 A/T. Bro in law has G4 GLX CVT and friend/officemate have 1.4 AT. Pinakamaluwag at komportable (aircon/suspension) ang Almera. Pinakamatipid sa gas ang G4. Accent, non remarkable in all aspect. Between the 3, I'd get Almera.. Got one nga eh. hehehe. HTH

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

2014-2018 models
    3.accent 1.4 MT

thanks
    wow, my sister in law just sold her 6 year old (low mileage, casa maintained) company issued Almera 1.5MT last month for 280K - officemate nya fiancé nya so they used his company car as a daily driver.

of the 3 choices, my vote goes to the Mirage

Rented it once. No idea how you define "kalampagin" but I find the suspension too soft and the engine too weak. but there's strength in numbers plus the car is locally made, hence you should not have any issue with parts in the very long run.

Almera was way better in everything compared to the Mirage.
    My tito has an Accent, although I've never had the chance to ride/drive it.

Your friend's Civic should be more than 20 years old now... if he keeps the car for 10-15 years. I'm more confident about the Mirage's local support compared to the Almera and Accent.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    wow, my sister in law just sold her 6 year old (low mileage, casa maintained) company issued Almera 1.5MT last month for 280K - officemate nya fiancé nya so they used his company car as a daily driver.

of the 3 choices, my vote goes to the Mirage

Rented it once. No idea how you define "kalampagin" but I find the suspension too soft and the engine too weak. but there's strength in numbers plus the car is locally made, hence you should not have any issue with parts in the very long run.

Almera was way better in everything compared to the Mirage.
    My tito has an Accent, although I've never had the chance to ride/drive it.

Your friend's Civic should be more than 20 years old now... if he keeps the car for 10-15 years. I'm more confident about the Mirage's local support compared to the Almera and Accent.
    banawe is your local supplier. no issues at all for the list here.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Wag Mirage. Manual tranny uses clutch cable.
    Dami ko nang nabasang post na na-stranded dahil naputulan ng kable.

You could replace it regularly or keep a spare cable in the car pero hassle lalo na kung may pasahero kang maliit na bata.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast