New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I prefer N16 Sentra/Exalta over the AE111.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    thanks sir for the input. not much experience with the exalta pero yun AT niya ay reliable na rin? talked with a few mechanics medyo mas advatage daw AT ng 90's-2000 toyota vs honda in terms of robustness.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    thanks sir for the input. not much experience with the exalta pero yun AT niya ay reliable na rin? talked with a few mechanics medyo mas advatage daw AT ng 90's-2000 toyota vs honda in terms of robustness.
    Honda 90s automatics need to serviced with Honda-specific ATF. If previous owner used a different ATF, there are chances it might fail on the next owner.

The Nissan N16 platform is quite reliable. I had a 2002 Exalta before and it had served me well. The only challenge with it is that its front suspension bushings need to be checked every year specially if the road conditions you drive in are not good but it is a cheap fix. Get the 1.6L models as the 1.3L AT models consume gas like the 1.6L model. Make sure to check if ATF was changed regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I remember the shift shock issues of Honda 90s ATs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    21st century Honda ATs are ok. But 90s units have questionable reliability. I recall our 1997 Accord had a transmission replacement when it was only around 5 years old. On the other hand, the AT in our 2005 Accord is still untouched to this day.

The N16 is a much more modern design than the AE111, and was produced locally up to 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Parts would be easy to find for many more years to come.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12