New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    imho, if i'm in the province, i'll still get the CRV. why nasa province ka na nga, feeling provinceka pa din sa loob kung nakasakay ka sa fortuner
    Ok naman i-bara-bara mo ang CRV sa putik, gravel and sand roads and grasslands ---kaso madaling malaspag. Kon may masira, mahal piyesa ng CRV.

IMO, nassasayang ako. The Fortuner will do better in these aspect. Anyway, its just me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    kung 5 lang kayo in the family, ok na ang CR-V. but if you want more space and legroom, FORTUNER ofcourse. my previous car is a CR-V and i have upgraded it to FORTUNER because of the space i needed, and it fits what i need. comfort on ride, CR-V, but comfort on space and accomodation, FORTUNER.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    sir can you tell us why you dont recommend right off a Fortuner for the thread starter? I know you own a Fortuner, but if you really like the car, then you would still recommend it over the CRV.

Why dont you also put in another choice, an Montero Sports? better ride then the Fortuner, unless you want to stick with gas variants?

but given the two choices above, ill choose crv for more car like handling
    First of all, me & my family before getting our first SUV almost 2 yrs ago we we did test drives on both but we decided to get Fortuner instead since we need more seats since we had some visitors on & off from our province. Actually lately we did test between TUCSON CRDI 4X2 AT and the 2.0 CRV AT then, of course CRV is better , for diesel & Gas prices on both FUEL almost the same then Why diesel, definately our next Car would the CRV aside from our Fortuner

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for all your suggestions..So i believe CRV is winning the race overall? How about the new Isuzu ALterra? would it make a difference?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if it were me, i'd wait for the montero sport 4x2

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bet. a Fortuner and Alterra, of course, it is still the Fortuner by far.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brio2025 View Post
    Thanks for all your suggestions..So i believe CRV is winning the race overall? How about the new Isuzu ALterra? would it make a difference?
    First of all, there is nothing new to the Alterra.
    The current one is the first rendering of the model in the Phillippines. This vehicle is much maligned in the forums but I will tell you it has its followers who are satisfied with their purchase.

Second, the Alterra is an antithesis of the CRV in my opinion.
    Kon gaano ka ganda at ka-refined ang CRV, binabatikos and Alterra sa form and design --Dmax with a permanent canopy--and tawag sa kanya.
    Kon gaano binatikos and CRV sa fuel consumption, ganon hinahangaan ang Alterra sa tipid among SUVs.

Depende ngayon alin ang matimbang sa iyo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'd pick the Fortuner in 2.7 VVT-i 4X2 Gas variant of course.Ok sana ang Montero Sport 4X4 GLS pero i'd rather buy its soon to launched 4X2 variant instead..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    First of all, there is nothing new to the Alterra.
    The current one is the first rendering of the model in the Phillippines. This vehicle is much maligned in the forums but I will tell you it has its followers who are satisfied with their purchase.

Second, the Alterra is an antithesis of the CRV in my opinion.
    Kon gaano ka ganda at ka-refined ang CRV, binabatikos and Alterra sa form and design --Dmax with a permanent canopy--and tawag sa kanya.
    Kon gaano binatikos and CRV sa fuel consumption, ganon hinahangaan ang Alterra sa tipid among SUVs.

Depende ngayon alin ang matimbang sa iyo.
    Fortuner over CRV for me.. bigger, and badder.. plus it'll fit your family of 5 comfortably in the Fort. Especially now na improved na suspension issues nia.

Alterra over Fort. more fuel efficient, mas pogi and rugged for me..
    crush ko ung new white Alterra with Chrome rims nung taga sa amin...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    no problem naman ang space sa new model ng CR-V, 5 people would fit in just fine so any car you choose is ok, but personally I'd go for the CR-V

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Toyota Fortuner or New Honda CRV