New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi my family is planning to buy a brand new car but we are fighting our way what car to choose between the two..Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Fortuner has more "macho look" and we could fit just right. We are 5 in the family and the CRV would be a little small for us.. What do you think? in terms of performance, fuel consumption, etc.. What should we choose?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    bro i think you have answered your question... if the CR-V is a little small and would compromised the seating, then go for the fortuner.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me better to have atleast one of those either Fortuner or CRV, for us we owned the 2.7 G Fortuner how if given some the chances I'd get the CRV

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    For me better to have atleast one of those either Fortuner or CRV, for us we owned the 2.7 G Fortuner how if given some the chances I'd get the CRV
    sir can you tell us why you dont recommend right off a Fortuner for the thread starter? I know you own a Fortuner, but if you really like the car, then you would still recommend it over the CRV.

Why dont you also put in another choice, an Montero Sports? better ride then the Fortuner, unless you want to stick with gas variants?

but given the two choices above, ill choose crv for more car like handling

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Fortuner might appear big on the outside but legroom wise its still the same as the CRV or even a bit worse. Remember, Fortuner is an off-roader so most of underparts are raised into the body at the expense of cabin capacity.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What do you think? in terms of performance, fuel consumption, etc.. What should we choose?

CRV over the Fortuner
    Performance: It's more quiet, and refined.
    Fuel Consumption: About the same. The Fortuner is heavier.
    Longevity: The CRV will be better off in the pavement than being in the rough most of the time compared to the Fortuner.
    Ride: CR-V feels more like a saloon.
    Fit and Finish: The CR-V plastics are way better compared to the Fortuner.
    Safety: CR-V hands down.
    Off-roadability: Fortuner hands down.

Conclusion: For life long keeps and occasional rough road bash, Fortuner. For 5 year keeps and on the city drives, CR-V.

-That's just me.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If i live in the metropolis and use this vehicle 90% of the time in the city ---CRV ako. It has better refinement.

Sa probinsya, Fortuner would be a better buy. It has a ruggedness built into it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I've ridden both:

Comfort - CRV
    Look - Fortuner
    Space - Fortuner still has better legroom 3rd row
    FC - Probably same but some say CRV averages 5km/L, Fortuner 2.7Gas about 6-7Km/L
    Performance in HP - Fortuner 160HP, CRV 150HP

Advise, Get the one you feel satisfies your craving & satisfaction. Dont forget to test drive both for your own personal assessment.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga sirs, ilan ba seating capacity ng montero sports?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PhazotroN View Post
    Mga sirs, ilan ba seating capacity ng montero sports?
    7. But better ask such questions on the MS forum para di OT.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
New Toyota Fortuner or New Honda CRV