New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ive been looking to purchase the strada gls sport 4x4 AT kaso maglalabas na ng facelifted model(montero front fascia?) with VGT 2.5L diesel with new infometer display and gps. Baka ito na last facelift ng model na ito since due na ang all new model maybe in 1-2 years time. Ano tingin nyo ? mukha i-phase out na yun 3.2L 4M41 and palitan na din ng high output 4D56 na 170 HP 400NM/Manual tranny 350NM/Auto tranny. May discounts/freebies din kasi sa current strada and baka malaki din itaas ng price ng new model

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    Ive been looking to purchase the strada gls sport 4x4 AT kaso maglalabas na ng facelifted model(montero front fascia?) with VGT 2.5L diesel with new infometer display and gps. Baka ito na last facelift ng model na ito since due na ang all new model maybe in 1-2 years time. Ano tingin nyo ? mukha i-phase out na yun 3.2L 4M41 and palitan na din ng high output 4D56 na 170 HP 400NM/Manual tranny 350NM/Auto tranny. May discounts/freebies din kasi sa current strada and baka malaki din itaas ng price ng new model
    I guess the montero front fascia on the strada will only be available on some countries but not on the ASEAN region..
    Here's a picture taken by an MSCP member onboard a vessel with strada's bound for brazil

.. I still like the strada face on a pick up truck compared to the montero face

Im not sure kung kailan lalabas yung all new ford ranger with a powerful diesel engine. I think nissan will also tune their navara with a more powerful engine this 2011

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Madaming powerful diesel engines ang aabangan this 2011..

Ford:
    2.2-liter Duratorq TDCi I4 diesel engine with peak torque output of 375 Nm and power output of 150 hp
    3.2-liter Ford Duratorq TDCi I5 diesel engine with a powerful 470 Nm of torque and power rated at 200 hp

Mitsubishi
    2.5 liter VGT 4D56 engine with 170 hp and 400 Nm of torque for M/T and 170 hp and 350 Nm of torque for A/T
    3.2 liter VGT 4M41 engine with 197 hp and 441 Nm of torque

Nissan
    3.0 liter V6 turbo diesel with 240 hp and 550Nm of torque (hopefully for the diesel variant of the patrol royale)
    2.5 liter YD25DDTi High Power engine with 190 hp and 450Nm of torque

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    When they release facelifted models, are the prices usually higher?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the info! sana lumabas yan 4M41 na VGT. Usually facelifted models are priced a little higher especially kun may dinagdag na accessories and wala pa discount

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It seems that there is a slew of new pickups coming soon! But looking at their engines, why does it seem that they still do not match Hyundai's ReVGT powerplants? And where is ISUZU? They have been very quiet for quite a while now. Their last fully, from-ground-up new model was the Alterra, which was launched more than five years ago... And the engines have remained the same...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    It seems that there is a slew of new pickups coming soon! But looking at their engines, why does it seem that they still do not match Hyundai's ReVGT powerplants? And where is ISUZU? They have been very quiet for quite a while now. Their last fully, from-ground-up new model was the Alterra, which was launched more than five years ago... And the engines have remained the same...
    Isuzu is running bankrupt in Japan. Kaya po hindi na naglabas ng better Trooper. Sayang, one of the best-sellers pa naman nila ang Trooper all over the world.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    Isuzu is running bankrupt in Japan. Kaya po hindi na naglabas ng better Trooper. Sayang, one of the best-sellers pa naman nila ang Trooper all over the world.
    nasira po ang "Trooper" model because of the 4jx1 engine, first crdi engine. it wasn't full proof, ayun, dami recall and failures sa ibang countries including ours.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    for me, hindi masyado nag-match yung front fascia ng montero sa body ng strada, ewan, pero parang there's something wrong, hindi rin naman pangit yung unahan ng montero kasi i own one, hehe. basta, ok na yung current strada, for me.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    nasira po ang "Trooper" model because of the 4jx1 engine, first crdi engine. it wasn't full proof, ayun, dami recall and failures sa ibang countries including ours.
    But still, the Trooper is a very venerable nameplate that has been up there with the likes of the Pajero and LC Prado. They could have still rolled out an all new model and if the product is good, all the woes of the previous model will be forgotten. In the US where the diesel engines are absent, the reason for stopping was alleged rollover issues. It was a very absurd reason, I should say. If they roll out a Pajero battling Trooper, I'd still buy. I wonder why they gave up so easily when the Trooper has been their best selling model for decades?

And back to the pickups, the D-Max is a very hot-selling pickup especially in Thailand, and its platform is used by various GM vehicles as well. Why don't they make a new model for it to stay competitive? I'd suggest changing the base 2.5L engine to the new 4JK1-TC and at least bring in VGT (or even e-VGT? ) technology to the 4JJ1. If they can make such excellent trucks, why can't they make excellent and competitive passenger vehicles as well?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
New strada worth waiting for?