New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    hehehe I really don't care if the accent is faster than the expedition or explorer. In the end, I'm very comfortable inside the expedition and we didn't buy an expedition to race with other cars
    tama yan lang talaga ang purpose ng Expeds and Explorer. yun Explorer ng dad ko hiram ko lang yan kung gusto relaxed driver sa NLEX tapos with open rooftop. sarap cruising breezing lang.

kaya wag na makipag-karera pa sa amin mga naka Hyundai / Kia CRDis. you cant have the best of both world noh

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    Most people are ignorant on how fast diesels can go, a tuned old turbo diesel accent will destroy most 2-liters, heck even the 2.5 GTV montero stock destroys most 2-liters like the slow ass altis except for the 2.0 lancer fortis and the 2.0 FD civic since those two are like rockets
    A stock 2.5 GTV Montero takes 11.5 seconds to hit 100 km/h. A stock Corolla 2.0 CVT is much faster. And it's not speed limited to 180 km/h, either. The review numbers were backed up by PCOTY results.

The Honda K20 is much more powerful, but limited by the traditional transmission. Better top end, but since it won't chirp the tires, the launch is more laid-back. But if we're talking manual transmissions, the K20 Civic FD with an MT will beat the pants off of everything else... badly. Haven't timed it, but comparing how quickly it launches versus a Focus TDCi (8.3 seconds 0-100), I'd say it's a high- to mid- 7 second car...

An Accent is quicker from a roll than most automatic 2.0s, but 100 hp is 100 hp. over 80 km/h, the Accent runs out of puff. It may seem like a rocket in traffic, but that's the only place it's a rocket. Get out on the highway and its shortcomings become pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    my napanood ngako racer wanabe video sa sctex hyundai accent crdi vs ford expedition ayun tinapatan ng accent yun expedition running 180+kph suko yun driver ng expedition
    180 km/h is nothing. Most 2.0 MTs can hit 210 km/h. Like I said... 100 hp is still 100 hp. And there's no way to make a car with the frontal area of the Accent hit 210 km/h with that little power. You need at least 130 hp to hit 200, and around 150 to hit 210 (the Focus TDCi can barely hit 210 in stock form... and that has about 150-155 bhp on overboost). To pass 220, you need around 160 hp.

An Expedition or an Explorer, despite the power, cannot go faster than 180 km/h because they're SUVs. As such, they're equipped with a 180 km/h speed limiter to keep owners from dying when a tire disintegrates at 200 km/h. With the power of the Explorer, 220-240 km/h should be a breeze.
    Last edited by niky; August 17th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    my napanood ngako racer wanabe video sa sctex hyundai accent crdi vs ford expedition ayun tinapatan ng accent yun expedition running 180+kph suko yun driver ng expedition
    gusto ko makita hehe. may link ka sir?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A stock 2.5 GTV Montero takes 11.5 seconds to hit 100 km/h. A stock Corolla 2.0 CVT is much faster. And it's not speed limited to 180 km/h, either. The review numbers were backed up by PCOTY results.

The Honda K20 is much more powerful, but limited by the traditional transmission. Better top end, but since it won't chirp the tires, the launch is more laid-back. But if we're talking manual transmissions, the K20 Civic FD with an MT will beat the pants off of everything else... badly. Haven't timed it, but comparing how quickly it launches versus a Focus TDCi (8.3 seconds 0-100), I'd say it's a high- to mid- 7 second car...

An Accent is quicker from a roll than most automatic 2.0s, but 100 hp is 100 hp. over 80 km/h, the Accent runs out of puff. It may seem like a rocket in traffic, but that's the only place it's a rocket. Get out on the highway and its shortcomings become pretty obvious.

180 km/h is nothing. Most 2.0 MTs can hit 210 km/h. Like I said... 100 hp is still 100 hp. And there's no way to make a car with the frontal area of the Accent hit 210 km/h with that little power. You need at least 130 hp to hit 200, and around 150 to hit 210 (the Focus TDCi can barely hit 210 in stock form... and that has about 150-155 bhp on overboost). To pass 220, you need around 160 hp.

An Expedition or an Explorer, despite the power, cannot go faster than 180 km/h because they're SUVs. As such, they're equipped with a 180 km/h speed limiter to keep owners from dying when a tire disintegrates at 200 km/h. With the power of the Explorer, 220-240 km/h should be a breeze.
    sadly more than half of the people who will read your post would never understand what you just said, pipilitin pa din nila na mas mabilis at mas malakas ang mga kotse nila.:bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    sadly more than half of the people who will read your post would never understand what you just said, pipilitin pa din nila na mas mabilis at mas malakas ang mga kotse nila.:bwahaha:
    Parang SC lang yan, insecure. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Siyempre, kayang kaya ng Crosswind ko mag-drag race sa Honda SiR.

Basta baha, ha.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just wondering how a tuned Accent CRDi will do though? A simple chip and filter mod should be able to liberate 20-30 horses more from the 110hp engine.

So far the only matic car I've encountered and personally ridden in that is capable of chirping its tires on takeoff is our 3.0V6 Accord, and that takes pretty much flooring the throttle on takeoff to achieve. Manual car that can chirp the tires? Kahit Revo diesel namin kaya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Siyempre, kayang kaya ng Crosswind ko mag-drag race sa Honda SiR.

Basta baha, ha.

hehehe.... ano kaya ang kalalabasan ng drag race na yan..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I think we should change the title of the thread.

Accent vs Exp.... ( pwedeng Explorer or Expedition )

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Accent CRDI because race car yooo! (gangsta tone)

*topic, Explorer because the design looks more upscale for me...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast