New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose1982 View Post
    bat 300k cheaper SF? Kasi nag ask ako sa pitstop and the cheapest new sf is around 1.9m and i think 2.3m is their premium unit.
    2013 Ford Explorer Limited is currently at 2,595,000.00

That's about 300k diff...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hinabol ako nyan bago Ford Explorer sa Julia Vargas uphill (Valle verde) with my Sta fe Gen 2. Walang binatbat. biniritan ko nga ng 2.2 Crdi. sayang nga Lang may stop light sa depot eh kungdi Iniwan ko ng husto yan.

may Ford Explorer EB V6 kaya kami, Alam ko limitation ng gasoline v6.
    Last edited by pop3corn; August 15th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Hinabol ako nyan bago Ford Explorer sa Julia Vargas uphill (Valle verde) with my Sta fe Gen 2. Walang binatbat. biniritan ko nga ng 2.2 Crdi. sayang nga Lang may stop light sa depot eh kungdi Iniwan ko ng husto yan.

may Ford Explorer EB V6 kaya kami, Alam ko limitation ng gasoline v6.
    Pano mo nalamang hinahabol ka?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pano mo nalamang hinahabol ka?
    reminds me of another guy on this forum saying his accent was side by side with an evo X.:bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    reminds me of another guy on this forum saying his accent was side by side with an evo X.:bwahaha:
    Marami ring fans ang Accent eh. Turbo diesel lang, akala nila race car na.

We actually have an Accent right now, iniwan nung isang kakilala namin dahil nagBicol siya and had nowhere else to park his car so pinagamit nalang muna samin. Mabilis naman, for a subcompact. 2-liter compacts are still faster though.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Marami ring fans ang Accent eh. Turbo diesel lang, akala nila race car na.

We actually have an Accent right now, iniwan nung isang kakilala namin dahil nagBicol siya and had nowhere else to park his car so pinagamit nalang muna samin. Mabilis naman, for a subcompact. 2-liter compacts are still faster though.
    Most people are ignorant on how fast diesels can go, a tuned old turbo diesel accent will destroy most 2-liters, heck even the 2.5 GTV montero stock destroys most 2-liters like the slow ass altis except for the 2.0 lancer fortis and the 2.0 FD civic since those two are like rockets

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    Most people are ignorant on how fast diesels can go, a tuned old turbo diesel accent will destroy most 2-liters, heck even the 2.5 GTV montero stock destroys most 2-liters like the slow ass altis except for the 2.0 lancer fortis and the 2.0 FD civic since those two are like rockets
    LOL. My daily drive happens to be an Altis 2.0V, and like I said, I also happen to have an Accent with me this week. Mas mabilis yung Altis. Ikaw, nadrive mo na magkasunod?

And if you're referring to the 2.0V CVT Altis, that accelerates faster than most other 2-liter compacts because it's the lightest. Get your facts straight.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ouch bagal pala ng Explorer namin and 2.0 Altis CVT. Slow ass and destroyed by turbo diesels. i die.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    LOL. My daily drive happens to be an Altis 2.0V, and like I said, I also happen to have an Accent with me this week. Mas mabilis yung Altis. Ikaw, nadrive mo na magkasunod?

And if you're referring to the 2.0V CVT Altis, that accelerates faster than most other 2-liter compacts because it's the lightest. Get your facts straight.
    Wrong, the FD is the lightest and the fastest K20 > 3ZR-FE, 155ps vs 145ps, honda wins

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    Wrong, the FD is the lightest and the fastest K20 > 3ZR-FE, 155ps vs 145ps, honda wins
    Oh, child.

Altis 2.0V: 1250 kg
    Civic 2.0S (FD): 1295 kg

And power there is aplenty. Despite the on-board computer softening power delivery when starting off in first gear (likely to preserve the transmission), the car scoots to 100 km/h in just over 9 seconds, quicker than everything else in the class bar the Focus diesel.
    Source: Review: 2011 Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0V - Official bigbigcar.com vehicle reviews and feature - The bigbigcar.com Forums

With the extra 200cc and 10hp, one can slash 0-100km/h times by 2.72 seconds from the 1.8's 11.32seconds. Keeping the "ECO" indicator lit, 100km/h cruising in 7th gear is a quiet 1,800rpm, with instantaneous consumption of 26 kms/liter. Its rival, the Honda Civic 2.0-liter 5-speed auto, does 15.15kms/liter, while 0-100km/h times were barely 11.10seconds. Note though that the Honda has a surplus 14hp but also weighs 45 kgs. more than the Altis.
    Source: 2010 Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0V - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

Truly, the K20 is better than the 3ZR-FE. But the engine is not the end all and be all of acceleration.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast