New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you want hassle-free driving and ease of maintenance, get the adventure.
    if you want pang-porma, ... all bets are off and good luck. no matter how well-maintained, the older the car, the more repairs will come a-knockin' ..
    but hey! my 6 year old innova hasn't given me any headaches after the initial "unbelievable birthing pains".. (but i've been lucky; hindi tumitirik so far..)
    Treu, sa 2nd hand na FM kapag sinuwerte ka (with a really good mechanic and more time to check vehicles, I'm sure sa Manila makakakuha ka a ng well maintained vehicle.

BTT: Good luck sa choice ni TS.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung gusto lang na SUV, get the 1st gen Montero Sport.At least mas bago sa 99FM. At 4x4.

But I agree that sticker price is not the only consideration but the cost of ownership as well. SUV nga palagi naman nasa garahe hindi ginagamit kasi mahal gas. May kakilala ako na ganyan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung kaya nya budget for innova.. Better reconsider...

Quote Originally Posted by AirJason View Post
    Salamat sa mga nag reply

I think he is leaning towards sa brand new advie na.

With so many nga 2nd hand sa market he narrowed it down sa FM tsaka brandnew advie, Reasons are:

Gusto nya diesel
    Brandnew na crosswind, masyado mahal gusto nya na sportivo.
    Brandnew na innova, no offense sa mga owner dito sabi nya muka daw pang tatay
    Strada naman 7 sila sa bahay hehehe malamang sa likod na yung dalawa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Malayo talaga ang level of refinement ng Adventure sa Innova. Or, he can also get a 2nd hand Fortuner 3.0D4D for 900k

Fortuner is a good option. 3.0L is a great engine, my lolo has a Hilux with this same engine. Only downside in the Fortuner is the transfer case, the full-time setup doesn't look so durable as the part-time one used in the Hilux.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Fortuner is a good option. 3.0L is a great engine, my lolo has a Hilux with this same engine. Only downside in the Fortuner is the transfer case, the full-time setup doesn't look so durable as the part-time one used in the Hilux.
    MS 4x2 na lang para mas matipid sa gas. Wag na 4x4 if ever.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That is his first car, sa brand new na lang siya. Di pa sasakit ulo nya,sigurado sya sa monthly na babayaran nya. Kaysa sa 1999 model baka di nya maanticipate yung maintenance. Kung wow factor lang habol... having a brand new car is a wow factor already knowing that its his hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    MS 4x2 na lang para mas matipid sa gas. Wag na 4x4 if ever.
    Then, due to its full-time t-case, the Fortuner doesn't allow to go 4x2 on city or highway traffic as the Hilux does. But it's still a good option to consider. BTW what about a 2.5L 4x2 Fortuner?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Full time 4WD ba yung Fortuner? Sa pagka-alam ko hindi eh, it doesn't make sense that Toyota will employ a different 4WD system sa Hilux and Fortuner since the more similar parts the lesser the building cost. And I remember may 4WD selector gearshift din yung Fortuner eh. Kung ganun eh di dapat part time 4WD siya.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Full time 4WD ba yung Fortuner? Sa pagka-alam ko hindi eh, it doesn't make sense that Toyota will employ a different 4WD system sa Hilux and Fortuner since the more similar parts the lesser the building cost. And I remember may 4WD selector gearshift din yung Fortuner eh. Kung ganun eh di dapat part time 4WD siya.
    I'm currently living in Brazil, where the Fortuner is offered with full-time 4WD and the Hilux is part-time 4WD. Its driveline components are made in Thailand and then shipped to Toyota's factory in Argentina where they're assembled for South-American markets. Older 4Runner/Hilux Surf, by the other side, shared the same driveline with the Hilux, including the part-time 4WD setup. But even having a full-time 4WD setup the Fortuner still has the shifter because of the Hi/Lo range selection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
New Mitsubishi Adventure or 2nd hand Pajero Fieldmaster?