New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kung ganda lang naman pag-uusapan. syempre po CRV.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    crv.. malaki na man ang baggage area nang crv para sa stroller and other luggage.. mas class yung crv tapos 4x4 pa.. at mas powerful dahil yung 2.4 ang kunin mo.. maganda rin ang interior at features ng crv..

advantage lng sa innova ay may 3rd row in case may extra na sasakay, hindi talaga ma iwasan sometimes.. hindi ako sure sa fuel consumption, pero 2.0 lng ang innova, so i think mas matipid..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cr-v for safety.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aaXRfPQ8O8"]YouTube - Crash Test 2007 - 2008 Honda CR-V (Side Impact) IIHS[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    definitely CRV, better drive and classier by a mile..unless you get the Diesel Variant of the Innova.

But hands down CRV

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    New Innova V Gas AT against po sa new CRV 2.4 4WD
    This boils down to your other priorities. If just ferrying your family, both vehicles are capable.
    Space, fuel economy,and low maintenance cost goes to Innova.
    Road creed, prestige, and safety goes to the CRV.

But if I may suggest--combining the bigger space of the MPV and the driving mechanics of an SUV--would the Ford Everest merit some consideration?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The gasoline Innova will be more fuel efficient than the 2.4 CR-V, and will have seating for seven. But that's the end of its advantages.

The CR-V is more sophisticated. It's a bit stiff, but not as bad as the previous CR-V, and the ride is better sorted than the trucklike Innova. Handling is better, acceleration is better and interior materials are better. Sound insulation is also much better, and the transmission is also less "truckish". The seats are a bit stiff, but this is not a problem in the 2.4 variant.

It's spacious enough for five, even if you need a child seat for your kid. The stroller fits right in the back.

Fuel economy hovers between 6-8 km/l in mixed use and 10-12 on the highway. It's more fuel efficient than the old CR-V, thanks to the new engine-programming and the 5-speed transmission. The old 2.0 could get worse economy on its best days.

Granted, it's not as good as a diesel... but what do you expect from a gasoline 4x4 with this much power?

The only peeves I have with the 4x4 is the twitchy throttle and brakes (they're a bit too sensitive), but it's a gas to drive, and the ergonomics are good for long-distance driving.

I like the Innova, it's much, much better than older AUVs like the Crosswind and Adventure... but it simply can't compare in comfort to a modern unibody vehicle like the CR-V.

And if you're considering a vehicle in the CR-V 4x4's price class, you can find one with better third-row seats than the Innova, like the Santa Fe, which is just a little poor compared to the CR-V when talking about interior quality and solidity, but which is much more sophisticated than the Innova or Fortuner, and it rides softer than the CR-V. Too bad there are no more Starex GRXs... those were nearly perfect, except for the overly soft ride. The Carnival is interesting... great space (up to 4 people can sit side-by-side in the second row... the car is so wide), but it's also very truckish in ride and drive.

If you're thinking about staying on a budget, get the Innova. But if you have the money, a CR-V 4x4 is a great vehicle. But again, if you have that much money, you might want to shop around and look at other vehicles. Maybe even check out the Everest or Montero.
    Last edited by niky; January 17th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I may not like the CRV's styling, but in this case I'd have to go with the CRV. No matter how sophisticated the Innova maybe, its still an AUV at the end of the day.

AUV vs. SUV?

Of course the SUV wins any day.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd go for Innova.

1. More space for passengers
    2. Cheaper maintenance & parts.

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]4091[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Innova or New Honda CRV