New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    With your 500k budget. You could get your family, a Civic FD2 2011 or Altis 2011, or even an Elantra for that matter. Or shell out 50k more you could get yourself the Civic FB 2012.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get a used altis.
    there are bushels of them out there, waiting to be snapped up by potential buyers.
    they are well-built. there are tons of spare parts and armies of knowledgeable mechanics to make maintenance un-difficult. as long as the previous owner did not abuse it, it should serve you reliably.
    "reliably boring" ownership was the term used by an auto writer.

but my standard recommendation to those with baby, if you can afford it, "get an auv or mpv". it has much more space.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    For a new family.....wag ka mag subaru......baka mabigla ka presyo ng parts nyan..... Tapos spark plug nyan sa ilalim hindi memorize ng basic mechanico.

Maghanap ka second hand na mobilio, city/jazz..... maluwag sa loob at mura parts.....hindi ka pa boring...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    I would get an Innova instead. The Forester is not spacious enough for a baby stuff and a yaya. Plus an in-law.
    innova is more spacious pero out of budget na e, it seems that i'll have to leave the in-law behind then

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a used altis.
    there are bushels of them out there, waiting to be snapped up by potential buyers.
    they are well-built. there are tons of spare parts and armies of knowledgeable mechanics to make maintenance un-difficult. as long as the previous owner did not abuse it, it should serve you reliably.
    "reliably boring" ownership was the term used by an auto writer.

but my standard recommendation to those with baby, if you can afford it, "get an auv or mpv". it has much more space.
    Doc ayaw mong i-recommend ang Innova?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    it looks like I'll consider the Altis and Civic too based on your recommendations, the price point is just right for the 2011-2012 models. thank you so much for pointing it out to me

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVince View Post
    innova is more spacious pero out of budget na e, it seems that i'll have to leave the in-law behind then
    L*ndyo, in-laws are deal breakers.

A 4-yr old Innova[V] then, we bought at P700k... Very reliable and so easy to maintain.

So I guess you can buy a 2010 Innova for P500k, same vintage as the Forester you're eyeing...
    Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2017 at 08:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    For a new family.....wag ka mag subaru......baka mabigla ka presyo ng parts nyan..... Tapos spark plug nyan sa ilalim hindi memorize ng basic mechanico.

Maghanap ka second hand na mobilio, city/jazz..... maluwag sa loob at mura parts.....hindi ka pa boring...

hehehe i don't mind being boring, utility lang talaga car for me, pero yun nga worry ko baka magulat ako sa price ng parts ng forester pagnagka aberya

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    L*ndyo, in-laws are deal breakers.

A 4-yr old Innova[V] then, we bought at P700k... Very reliable and so easy to maintain.

So I guess you can buy a 2010 Innova for P500k, same vintage as the Forester you're eyeing...

thank you sir, I'll look at the 2010 innova too, price wise it seems na may mga around 500k for the 2010 model, will add that to my research on maintenance and fuel consumption

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVince View Post
    thank you sir, I'll look at the 2010 innova too, price wise it seems na may mga around 500k for the 2010 model, will add that to my research on maintenance and fuel consumption
    My experience, in over 45kkm, gasoline AT:

1. Average of 7km per liter big city, small Hiway driving.
    2. Regular oil change thing; air filter
    3. Changed rear shocks
    4. Changed ATF
    5. Tyre rotation; Changed all four tyres
    6. Changed third brake light bulb
    7. Changed battery only twice; Average of three years for the first two.
    8. Changed front brake pads.

Our other rides are from different brands... No brand loyalty here...
    Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast