New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi, new member here. I need suggestions on which used car to get. We need a car but can't provide for a brand new one so we decided to get a second hand car. Sa tunog ng makina, namama-alam na yata yung LEC ko e.

We have yet to decide between the 2006 Hyundai getz 1.1L engine and the 2006 hatchback chevrolet aveo, 1.5L . The getz is around 45k cheaper than the aveo, they both use petrol.

I have tested both cars and madali naman sila i drive and smooth naman, both under 35k mileage. But yung durability and di ako sure.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You're safer with Getz since it's a Hyundai. Very good quality and super cheap parts too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks. Nagandahan ako sa interior ng Aveo, but if the parts avilability will be a problem then di bale na lang.

Pahabol question, is it true na mas matibay ang Aveo compared to getz?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    getz po sir
    aveo is fine pero for me kung mamomoblema lang ako anything na related sa casa like parts or service eh wag na lang
    i believe affordable parts ng hyundai at availability is fine compared to chevs.
    cheaper pa getz as you said

:lol:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    getz na get mo sir super tipid at ok din hatawin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    getz na lang sir kunin ninyo dahil mababa ang displacement. 1.1 lang. economical ito kung city driving ka lang. pero kung long drive ka lagi, kunin mo na lang yung aveo 1.5 para hindi mag-loose compression kaagad. mas powerful kasi ang makina.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mas matibay iyung getz for sure. sirain chevy sobrang mahal pa ng parts (that is if you can get one).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go get the getz, gets?

Cheaper parts and maintenance.
    Matibay.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Go for the Getz, these days, Hyundai is going from strength to strength while GM is on the brink of bankruptcy. Pano na parts ng Aveo pag nawala ang GM?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    para sken aveo hb,
    coz' it's GM and american brand
    mas mganda ung quality, high standard compared to getz which is face-out n! mababa na resale value, pwede mo pang pormahan,
    with the parts naman mahal nga pero genuine naman and with warranty p.
    astig p logo nila!
    and they have features na wala sa getz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need suggestions, which second hand car to get