New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    So i have pretty much watching every forums around here for a while now but since my date of purchase is looming closer and closer and i still have yet found my answer i would really like to request a little help from you guys. Btw just registered as well so pretty much a noobie heheh anyway back to topic my budget is 1.2 to 1.3 so far i have somewhat of a list of SUVS that are in my price range.

-Honda CR-V
    -Hyundai Tucson
    -Ford Escape
    -Mitsubishi ASX
    -Great Wall Coolbear ( believe it or not heh )

The Suv is morely gonna be used around city driving thats home to work and might be some small deliveries here and there but morely just city driving. Also its my first car heh so you can see why im doing a ton of research before purchasing the car

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson CRDI

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenang View Post
    So i have pretty much watching every forums around here for a while now but since my date of purchase is looming closer and closer and i still have yet found my answer i would really like to request a little help from you guys. Btw just registered as well so pretty much a noobie heheh anyway back to topic my budget is 1.2 to 1.3 so far i have somewhat of a list of SUVS that are in my price range.

-Honda CR-V
    -Hyundai Tucson
    -Ford Escape
    -Mitsubishi ASX
    -Great Wall Coolbear ( believe it or not heh )

The Suv is morely gonna be used around city driving thats home to work and might be some small deliveries here and there but morely just city driving. Also its my first car heh so you can see why im doing a ton of research before purchasing the car

Value for money: Hyundai Tucson

More Fun for your money: Mitsubishi ASX

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Maganda ang Hyundai Tucson. But the best variant (CRDi 4WD) happens to have a very, very long waiting list... Are you gonna be the only person who will usually be riding in the car? I'd suggest the 2.0GLS variant at 1.158M or the base-spec 2.4L Santa Fe at 1.368M.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    1st choice Tucson: (Santa Fe is w/in your budget 7-seater)
    2.0 GL Gas M/T 988k
    2.0 GL Gas A/T 1.038m
    2.0 GLS A/T at 1.158m
    2.0 GL eVGT 4x4 at 1.338m
    If you want to save money get the GL Gas in M/T or A/T form
    If you really need to spend that money get the Diesel!

2nd Choice:
    Honda Cr-V 2.0 A/T or M/t
    We have one, very spacious, better looking interior than the Tucson, nice ride, Fuel Efficient at 8km/l (heavy foot) up to 9.6km/l (light footed).

Don't buy the Escape. Luma na, masikip pa, lakas pa sa gas.
    ASX? Hate the interior very small and very bare. Remember the Outlander? Baka i-pullout din agad yang ASX pag nagflop. (Montero Sport is w/in your budget 7-seater too)

Cool What? Nah, I know this car kaso kung budget mo 650k edi go, pero kung kaya 1.3m get a proper SUV.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I would reco sana the MS but it is not in your list. If strictly in your list, Tucson CRDi. Next would be the CRV.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; February 25th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Personally, I'll go for the Tucson since it's newer in the market whereas the Honda CR-V's needing a refresh in a year or two.

Although the CR-V wins out in interior refinement with second-rows that I can easily cross my feet, Tucson edges it out in the toys department.

It's a tough call. If you wouldn't mind what others think of the car and isn't that conscious of having a new CR-V model out in 1-2 years, by all means I'll get the CR-V. It's more spacious really..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The M? wats the M? montero sport??? really out of the budget heh. Im knda more favoring A/T transmission since it will be more for driving also around the 1.2m to 1.3m mark thats pushing my budget already heh. Im also not sure if ill be getting diesel variants as i hear maintenance are a pain and also im looking to keep the car long term and not short term like 10 yrs i think. People say when purchasing a diesel keep in mind to get rid of it in 5yrs due to issues will start popping up around those time. Thanks for the fast feed back heh much appreciate the help.

P.S. most of the time or 90% of the time it will be just me the SUV was the requirement of my dad if i was to purchase a car so ya...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tucson or the gasoline Santa Fe...

Wag na ASX, the Japanese Yen is strengthening these days (81.90 to the USD). Too much risk in buying that car that has nothing to do with the car itself!
    Last edited by tidus1203; February 25th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    isnt the santa fe a 2.4 liter? knda not the ideal for city driving heh. What does yen have to do with ASX as well sorry knda a noobie there. Tucson looks ok just a quick question how long is the waiting on the CDRi althou the gas variant looks ok as well is the waiting list on the gas variant long as well? and i keep asking the dealers on tucson there arent any discounts that they give is that normal?

P.S. im also purchasing this via cash not through bank financing heh

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Need help purchasing first car SUV