New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    The sorrento is 2004 or 2007 model its a suplus from korea and cost only 580k mileage unknown
    The crosswind Xuvi is a 2004 model with a 46k mileage and costs only 500k

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Assuming that both are of the same condition, I'd definitely be getting the Sorento. World class SUV with all the bells and whistles versus ape-in-a-business-suit AUV? But then, is the Sorento a 5 seater or 7 seater? 2.5CRDi engine or 3.5V6? Mileage? These are pretty important factors in getting a Sorento. But if the KDM Sorento is not a desirable unit, I would still look for another 7 seater CRDi Sorento rather than settle with the Crosswind if I had the option.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks GTi.. will soon find out on the mileage.. there are 2 sorentos to choose from a silver and a white one.. i told the seller i wanted the one with the lower mileage.. the cindition of the engines are all ok though he assures.. ive sen that its a 7 seater.. there are 3 balck units availabe but the people in my family dont really like black.. so theres only 2 to choose from.. thanks for the rep... ive seen the engine.. its crdi.. im still not familiar what that means.. its diesel fueled though..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ikari_t View Post
    thanks GTi.. will soon find out on the mileage.. there are 2 sorentos to choose from a silver and a white one.. i told the seller i wanted the one with the lower mileage.. the cindition of the engines are all ok though he assures.. ive sen that its a 7 seater.. there are 3 balck units availabe but the people in my family dont really like black.. so theres only 2 to choose from.. thanks for the rep... ive seen the engine.. its crdi.. im still not familiar what that means.. its diesel fueled though..
    I like black cars! Hmm~ conservative Chinese family ba kayo? But be sure that the units are really in good condition, since KDM surplus yan there are chances na laspag na. So I suggest you bring an experienced mechanic to help you inspect the car. What year model is it by the way? So the engine really is 2.5CRDi... Which model is it? Is it the 140hp version like the ones sold locally? Or the 174hp VGT version like the one in the Grand Starex?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    On paper of course sorento wins by a landslide....but..
    It seems the ts is a newbie and that he is choosing between 2nd hand choices..
    In that case Id go the guaranteed brute when it comes to durability way...isuzu..no frills,bulletproof,easy to maintain,just change oil every 5k km..cheap parts, can be repaired by any mang pedring or ka tasyo mechanic.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    On paper of course sorento wins by a landslide....but..
    It seems the ts is a newbie and that he is choosing between 2nd hand choices..
    In that case Id go the guaranteed brute when it comes to durability way...isuzu..no frills,bulletproof,easy to maintain,just change oil every 5k km..cheap parts, can be repaired by any mang pedring or ka tasyo mechanic.
    Hehe, kung newbie nga naman betterto have a car that is easier to maintain para he could gain some experience. But if bnew, sorento talaga hands down winner dito.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    take note that the difference is not only 80k. Everything will be more expensive in the Sorento. Parts, insurance, maintenance etc
    And it KDM, We're also not sure if it won't have any problems with our dirty diesels

the cindition of the engines are all ok though he assures..
    Dont trust statements like this, bring a good experienced mechanic

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I doubt that it will have problems with the local fuel since it is an older engine and surely isn't that high in emission standards. Just make sure the Sorento is in good condition. Test drive it in various driving conditions. Hear for any weird sounds from the engine and suspension and look for black smoke. Look at the condition of the body for rust and the solidity of the interior. And do not get it if its got high mileage for its age (like say... 90000kms and above for a 2004 car), you'd most probably have lots to replace by then, unless the dealer replaced all of them (and showed you the receipts) before selling you the unit.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Sorento is a much better car, but the Crosswind is a cheaper ownership proposition, if you can put up with weak brakes, a lack of ABS, third-world crash safety and a truck-like ride.

(we own a Crosswind. Terrible car. But NO regrets. Nothing on the local market that's cheaper to own)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Sorento is a much better car, but the Crosswind is a cheaper ownership proposition, if you can put up with weak brakes, a lack of ABS, third-world crash safety and a truck-like ride.

(we own a Crosswind. Terrible car. But NO regrets. Nothing on the local market that's cheaper to own)
    Haha! I was once involved in an accident in our Revo some time ago wherein I rear ended a jeepney who abruptly stopped. And stronger brakes, ABS and a better crash safety were exactly the things that I wish I had at that moment. It was raining, road surface was sloping and it was wet, jeepney abruptly stopped in the middle of the road with no brake lights as usual... perfect conditions for a crash. Of course a lot of it was my fault since I rear ended the jeepney but still... I share the same sentiments as you. This class of cars is definitely very cheap to own and can go through the most cruel abuse even being the terrible car that it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need help choosing Sorento or Croswind