New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello,

I'm planning to buy my very first car and interested in these 3 models. Not so familiar with things i should look out for in terms of performance and specifications so appreciate if you guys can help me out.

1) Honda City 1.3 A MT
    2) Toyota Vios 1.3 E MT
    3) Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLX M/T

Chose these three models as they are on the same price range na abot sa budget ko.

Maraming salamat.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ganyan din problema ko sir kaya nagresearch ako dito at sa ibang websites.

ended up with the city pero 1.5 E kinuha ko. maganda ang porma nya, sya ang pinakabagong modelo, di ginagawang taxi (sorry if may masaktan), mas malaki ang interior space(in my opinion)...

just research, test drive, then pag nakapili ka na, shop around sa mga casas...

good luck and advance congrats.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    city maluwag loob.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be quicker to use the Tsikot GOOGLE SEARCH for similar threads:

City 1.3 A/T vs Vios 1.5G A/T vs Lancer GLS CVT
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61947

Lancer GLX, Vios E or City A?
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63131

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    City for me.

> newer model
    > mas maganda porma
    > better ride

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Salamat po sa lahat ng nagreply, really appreciate it.

Will probably go with City...salamat po ulit.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Salamat po sa lahat ng nagreply, really appreciate it.

Will probably go with City...try ko ang 1.5 pag kaya ng budget.

Salamat po uit.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ayos yan sir bogs,

you can also check out this site for more info...

http://www.hondacityclubph.com

advance congrats to you

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ONE OF THE QUESTIONS the Chamber of Automobile Manufacturer of the Philippines (Campi) and rest of the non-members is asking is why people buy second-hand converted Japanese import vehicles? Despite an overwhelming majority of the cars being unsafe rolling deathtraps, people still buy and trade them. And despite the clampdown on importation of these cars, more are finding their way to our roads.

Why?

If you are reading this column, we both love to drive interesting cars. Unfortunately, it’s only been recently that local manufacturers have begun selling interesting cars. Five years ago, almost all locally sold, official-import cars were B-O-R-I-N-G.

We need fast, exciting cars that make you feel like a hero, getting some tires squealing, drifting and eye-ball popping cornering g’s.

The type of cars I’m pertaining to are Nissan Silvias and the legendary Skyline GTRs, Mitsubishi Evos, Subaru Imprezas, Toyota MR2’s and the odd Supra here and there.

Putting it simply, these cars are C-H-E-A-P for the speed, thrills and excitement they offer Filipinos with normal financial capabilities. Official alternatives will cost more than a house and the rest of its contents.

Think Porsches, Audi RS, BMW M cars, AMG Mercs and the odd Ferrari and Maseratti. Should only the rich be the ones to enjoy 4-wheeled Nirvana?

For less than the price of a Camry or Accord V6, you can have any of the top JDM sportsters, plus the panache and road presence that can rival Europe’s finest. I’m not kidding myself, as I’d happily take a 911 GT3 RS mk2 in dark grey with red wheels and decals, but the vast majority of people cannot stomach or more importantly afford 12+ million pesos of an otherwise oversized Hot Wheels toy even if it won’t blow up after four hours driving flat out, offer excellent crash ratings and blow roses out of its tailpipes.

Take the Nissan Skyline GTR. It was only originally available in RHD premium markets. Yet I’ve seen an overwhelming number of these cars locally, and there is even a Skyline Owners Club in the Philippines. The RB26DETT engine is an engineer’s wet dream: 6 individual throttle bodies feed the undersquare straight-six, in itself a very difficult engine to balance, much less rev to 8,000rpm in stock trim and deliver what is a generally accepted but grossly underestimated 276hp. Spend a couple of hundred thousand on modifications and you easily get another reliable 100 horses. That’s well into 911 territory.

How about spending Civic or Altis 2.0 money for a rally-rep Imprezza or Evo and feel like a god on the road, regardless of weather and road conditions? Again, spend a hundred grand or so, and you have a fast, capable, 5-seater that will give the average poseur exotic owner skid marks in his undies on a tight and twisty road. Or Edsa.

The current “it” car of the moment for serious turbocharged power is the Nissan Silvia. It’s cheap, a good number of shops specialize already on the car, and parts are plentiful. Think of it as the Japanese equivalent of the Mustang or Camaro: special enough, but a dime a dozen in Japan. And slowly becoming a dime a dozen here, based on the number of Silvia owners of Club Silvia in the Philippines.

The MR2 Club is another good example of enthusiasts bonding together to share info, parts and resources. Not all of the club members have converted cars mind you, but both legit LHD and converted car owners mix together for the benefit of making both types of cars and owners, better, safer, faster and more exciting. And that’s a good thing. Cars are less boring, more interesting. And these enthusiasts generally take very good care of their cars, rectifying short cuts made and upgrading where they see fit.

To the members of Campi, take this as a sign. The cars you sell are becoming better, safer and more efficient. But you need to make the cars you sell more exciting, more enjoyable, more interesting. Otherwise, more and more people will be tempted to go the converted way of (car) life.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 29th, 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spacing between paragraphs, etc

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    talagang ang daming ganito ang choices at sa nababasa ko depende na lang talaga sa personal preference ng bibili at kahit ano mapili is good buy and you cant go wrong...

Need help in choosing my first car...