New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hey guys, thanks for your recommendations. In reply to what you all have posted...

*kkreuk18 Yung Lynx kasi ng wife ko GSI na manual kaya matipid. I have a friend who has an AT Ghia na also disagrees with me but of course, our Lynx has a manual tranny. Although I do find myself wondering why relatively low ang FC ng Lynx namin.

*tidus1203 Actually, I have already visited a toyota dealer...I don't know, something seemed off about it that I just couldn't put my finger on.

*fullmetal Yung SA ng Mazda yung ayaw magsabi actually. The Ford guy we talked to was pretty straightforward when we asked him if we should get the Ford Focus Trend or the Ford Fiesta Sport. He told me na he would pick the Ford Fiesta Sport without even blinking. Iba raw na talaga kasi yung technolology for fuel efficiency in the new cars compared to the older models. And yeah, the new focus looks hot! Hehehehe.

*ghosthunter I've always wanted a Lancer. My wife naman has always despised Lancers. Hahahaha. She has this thing about car makes na naging taxi kasi (her dad used to own a taxi business kasi). Kaya ayun, I guess that's why ayaw din niya ng Corolla. With regards to Civics...my sister was one of the first to buy the present make...my wife's bestfriend has the same civic...I have a female officemate that has the same Civic...so I kinda fell into stereotyping it as a girl car. No offense to the Civic owners of course, it's just how my perception of it was formed. I agree with you though, it seems I have to eliminate the Mazda3 and the Ford Focus from my list if I want to get a car this year.

There are other cars na pasok sa budget namin like the Suzuki SX4 and the APV. Any thoughts on those two? I heard rumors about the new Elantra coming out April, but I think it exceeds my budget.

Again, thanks for the help guys!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO, it would be wise to wait for the Elantra's launch. Its a really good car and I'm sure there will be a variant that will fit your budget, considering Hyundai's aggressive pricing strategy.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    SX4 is a flop baka mahirapan ka sa parts outside the dealer... APV pwede rin, pero do you really want a commercial vehicle like that?

Given your eliminated choices I would stick with the Fiesta or the Accent... I have always wanted to test drive the Accent myself and compare it to the Fiesta pero walang dealer merong test drive unit.

Elantra seems promising pero foreign reviews have been mixed so far...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in the auto industry, the more common the car is, the more logical it is to buy. i have no qualms in buying taxi favorites, because i believe it guarantees me of cheap spare parts and knowledgeable mechanics. it suggests the car is reliable and easy and cheap to maintain. but, it also implies that it is "nakawin".
    btw, have you considered boulay's laughing lancer?
    my 96 centavos' worth..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jinonicolas View Post
    There are other cars na pasok sa budget namin like the Suzuki SX4 and the APV. Any thoughts on those two? I heard rumors about the new Elantra coming out April, but I think it exceeds my budget.

The Suzuki SX4 is actually a nice car that has an exterior that either you like or hate, no middle ground. The worst part is Suzuki's poor service satisfaction reputation. It will be more than enough to make you think twice or three times before buying a Suzuki made car.

As for the Hyundai Elantra, hard to say because I have yet to test drive one. I have driven the Hyundai Sonata though and I liked it. If the Elantra would follow the Sonata, it might be one of the better cars to buy when it is released to the public.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jinonicolas View Post
    *ghosthunter I've always wanted a Lancer. My wife naman has always despised Lancers. Hahahaha. She has this thing about car makes na naging taxi kasi (her dad used to own a taxi business kasi). year.

I have my doubts if you can mistake the Lancer EX for a taxi.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^+1 on sir GH's post - it looks too bad*ss to be mistaken for a cab. Personally if you're going to get the low-end Lancer EX, better set aside some cash for mags since the car looks far nicer with lower-profile tyres (as evidenced by the GT-A variant). hehe.

just an input from a mazda 2 driver...

if you need cargo space, the Mazda2 hatch might not be the best choice.

but it really is a hoot to drive
    Last edited by scharnhorst; March 26th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have my doubts if you can mistake the Lancer EX for a taxi.
    Besides, what taxicab operator would buy these Lancer EX's for that purpose?? Even in other countries don't.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *gh- pero diba dapat sila ang mas may alam kaysa sa ating mga customers ng ganyang mga bagay bagay

*jinonicolas- kung kasama yung lancer ex gls sa choices(kung cash kayo bibili) yun ang magiging first choice ko, 2nd ang new ford focus. the lancer ex is such a beast

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If its the lancer cedia, then it can be mistaken as a taxi especially if it's white. Cause ive seen few cedia's being used as taxi cabs.

Pero if its the lancer EX, then, I'd doubt it. Hehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need help in choosing a car.