New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Need help in choosing. My budget is at a max of 900k and would really rather not go for the econocars or those that have less than a 1.5 engine. Having driven around and visiting various showrooms, I have been able to narrow down my list but could use some help deciding so any input/advice would be very much appreciated. I can get really good deals out of the dealers I've talked so I'll be leaving out the details on that so you guys would have an easier time giving your recommendations.

Choices (in no particular order):
    1. Ford Fiesta 5Dr 1.6L Sport 6PS - P816K
    2. Ford Focus 1.8L Trend 4Dr AT - P879K
    3. Mazda2 Sport R - P795K
    4. Mazda3 1.6L V 4Dr - P895K
    5. Hyundai Accent Blue 1.6L AT - P808K

Thanks for the help guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jinonicolas View Post
    Need help in choosing. My budget is at a max of 900k and would really rather not go for the econocars or those that have less than a 1.5 engine. Having driven around and visiting various showrooms, I have been able to narrow down my list but could use some help deciding so any input/advice would be very much appreciated. I can get really good deals out of the dealers I've talked so I'll be leaving out the details on that so you guys would have an easier time giving your recommendations.

If you state your objectives, it would really help you answer your own questions. What is important to you? Fuel economy, price, maintenance, resale value, porma, your friends' opinions? Based on these criteria, how do you rate these cars?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    personally i would go for the ford focus pero yung 5 dr ang kukunin ko(mas gusto ko lang ang porma nito) maganda ang handling at decent naman ang FC niya tsaka mas roomy siya kaysa sa ibang choices for me. only problem is mapapalitan na ata siya next year, so kung un ang magiging choice mo might as well wait for the new model pero kung kailan na talaga ng tsikot try mong mag-haggle sa price niya

my 2 cents!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *Quint I would say fuel economy and space. Maporma naman ang mga nasa list ko in their own way. Just that the mazda2 has such an uneventful dashboard while the mazda3 and the ford focus are still old models. With regards to performance, it's a big adjustment for me considering I've been a 2.0L (or higher) user since 1998, but the gas will eventually kill me. That said, I'm thinking of getting at least a 1.5L engine para naman hindi maging frustration sa akin ang performance. I had my eye on the Hyundai Accent since I saw it in a magazine last year, but I've never owned a Hyundai before kaya I have my reservations. That and wala pa ako masyado nakikitang Hyundai Accent on the streets and, as we know, if di mabenta ang kotse, maliit ang demand for parts resulting to a low supply of parts.

*fullmetal Actually I'm more inclined to getting a Ford since my wife has a Lynx that may not be as fast as my Galant, but it's quite dependable. We're quite happy with the gas consumption and space of her car too kaya giving up my Galant (sigh) is the only option that makes sense. Pero yun nga, whenever I look at the Focus or the Mazda3, I can't help but think of how many of those two I've seen on the road for the past 7 years or so. Nakakainis nga yung mga SA kasi ayaw pa nila sabihin if may lalabas ba na new model or wala eventhough we already know that there are in other countries. Sa mazda nga they're willing to give me more than 50k off on the Mazda3 kaya I can't help but think na nag uubos na sila ng stock.

If I were to rank my choices with regards to practicality or how much of a good deal I might get, then they would be:

1. Mazda3 V
    2. Ford Focus Trend
    3. Ford Fiesta Sport
    4. Mazda2
    5. Hyundai Accent

I've factored in how high the interest I would have to pay, kaya the Accent is at the bottom of the list. Kakalabas lang kasi. With regards naman to features, space, and performance, then it would be:

1. Hyundai Accent
    2. Ford Fiesta Sport
    3. Mazda3 V
    4. Ford Focus Trend
    5. Mazda2

Napahaba na post ko pero I hope this helps you guys help me. :P

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kapag mazda 3 ang kinuha mo e para ka ding naka 2 liter engine. Ittrim down ko sa 2 choices...kung sa kin lang I'll pick either fiesta or accent.
    Hehehe! Nakakatuwa naman na ok sa yo un FC ng Lynx, kunsabagay galing ka kasi sa 2 liter. Pero un mga counterparts ng Lynx e mas madaming mas matipid sa kanya.
    Di na ko magrerecomend ng ibang kotse dahil baka mas maguluhan ka lang at un mga wala sa choices mo I think di mo trip. Pero sa 900K napakadami mo mabibili.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Baka di mo kasi gusto styling ng Corolla pero sa totoo lang bagay yun sa requirements mo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *fullmetal Actually I'm more inclined to getting a Ford since my wife has a Lynx that may not be as fast as my Galant, but it's quite dependable. We're quite happy with the gas consumption and space of her car too kaya giving up my Galant (sigh) is the only option that makes sense. Pero yun nga, whenever I look at the Focus or the Mazda3, I can't help but think of how many of those two I've seen on the road for the past 7 years or so. Nakakainis nga yung mga SA kasi ayaw pa nila sabihin if may lalabas ba na new model or wala eventhough we already know that there are in other countries. Sa mazda nga they're willing to give me more than 50k off on the Mazda3 kaya I can't help but think na nag uubos na sila ng stock.

grabe naman yung SA niyo sa ford, buti pala yung SA namin sa mitsubishi dati sinabi na may lalabas na face-lifted strada dati kaya naghintay muna kami. baka next year kasi mapalitan na yung mazda3 at ford focus. hintayin mo nalang yung bagong focus kung yun talaga gusto mo sir. tsaka tignan mo naman siya

imho kung ako yung bibili willing akong hintayin yan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Have you considered the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS? - P895,000.00 (cash, net of all discounts)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

You can toss out the following:
    -Ford Focus
    -Mazda3

The reason are that these models have poorer fuel economy than your other choices AND these cars are to be replaced within a year with newer models. The ride quality is on the stiff side as well, so comfort isn't that high in these two.

The following two:
    -Ford Fiesta
    -Mazda2

These two cars are fine if you are out looking for a small car. But with your budget, you can actually get a slightly bigger car. The interior just seats four people comfortably, five if the ones at the back seat have the waistline of a pencil... although the backseat have ample legroom so you don't have to amputate legs to get them properly seated.

The bigger car options for you would include:
    -Toyota Corolla 1.6G A/T - P894,000
    -Honda Civic 1.8V AT - P913,000
    -Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L GLS A/T - P689,000 (net of discounts)
    -Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 GLS CVT - P895,000 (net of discounts)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *fullmetal

I don't blame the Ford SA. Umaasa lang naman sila sa announcement ng FGP and they don't look at internet sites. So walang announcement ang FGP for them meaning wala pang bagong lalabas. Pero yeah a new Focus is coming pero 2012 pa yan sa Asia, lumabas na sa US though...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Need help in choosing a car.