New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    how big is the growing family? ages?

Have you considered Honda Mobilio or Honda BRV?

2. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dennison View Post
    My family is growing and we need a bigger ride. Order of priority is as follows:

1. Room - from what I've seen, crossovers and AUV/SUV should be ok for our needs. Reclining chairs so we can fit a bigger cargo from time to time is a plus.

2. Value for money - favor features like good ac / ventilation, better quality parts, better interiors, and features and lower maintenance cost over cosmetics.

3. Maintenance and serviceability - drive and forget, I don't have time to maintain it apart from annual maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Honda CRV Diesel or Mazda CX9. Wag kang bibili ng ladder frame SUV like Montero,Fortuner,Everest they are matagtag and has a higher risk of rollover unless kailangan mo mag offroad or nakatira ka sa lugar na madalas bumaha.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I'm on the same boat as OP. So...2 kids. Another on the way. 1 househelp currently but will need to add another when the 3rd baby arrives. Our 7-seater won't be enough soon. Looking at pre-owned previous model 11-seat starex/carnival. Which would be a better option moving forward? Space is the primary consideration. Next would be reliability/ease of maintenance since 2nd hand. Thanks in advance!

Edit: also, which year/models to avoid and common issues to look out for would be of great help. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    I'm on the same boat as OP. So...2 kids. Another on the way. 1 househelp currently but will need to add another when the 3rd baby arrives. Our 7-seater won't be enough soon. Looking at pre-owned previous model 11-seat starex/carnival. Which would be a better option moving forward? Space is the primary consideration. Next would be reliability/ease of maintenance since 2nd hand. Thanks in advance!

Edit: also, which year/models to avoid and common issues to look out for would be of great help. Thanks!
    consider perhaps an early model toyota super grandia? yung wala pang ulo o nguso. got the 2012 model with 2 capt seats. still as reliable and never had an issue...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    consider perhaps an early model toyota super grandia? yung wala pang ulo o nguso. got the 2012 model with 2 capt seats. still as reliable and never had an issue...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I will consider sir, thanks!

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i see very few older starexes.
    but the hi ace, newer as well as older models, are literally everywhere!
    i think that's a good indication of its build quality.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    +1 on Hi-ace....no other.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reservation ko sa grandia is baka naabuso (uv express/rental van) previously. But the recommedations were unanimous so it is now in the top of the list. Thank you! [emoji16]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Reservation ko sa grandia is baka naabuso (uv express/rental van) previously. ]
    why did you think that?
    does toyota frown on buyers who use them for public utility or rental?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why did you think that?
    does toyota frown on buyers who use them for public utility or rental?
    Not at all. What i meant was, since buying 2nd hand is hit or miss, i wouldn't want to end up buying a 'used and abused' unit. On 2nd thought though, yung grandia mababa naman siguro chance na nagamit as puv vs the other hi-ace variants.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast