New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dennison View Post
    Wow that's quite powerful! Any other considerations for Diesel vs Gas like ride comfort, noise?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Ride comfort should be the same since they are mechanically identical save for the engine.

Noise level on the diesel is quiet compared to older diesel engines but nothing beats gasoline in terms of quietness(except an EV?)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the advice. Under 1m if possible, I am ok with 3-5 year old model.

3 adults, 1-2 kids

If 3rd row will be used only for short trips or emergencies, then an SUV or MPV will be fine. But if you will employ the services of the 3rd row plus additional cargo space regularly, then van it is.

If you need a bigger vehicle, might I suggest the previous gen Carnival. Absolutely cavernous interior space for 8 full sized adults and their cargo. Follow the recommended maintenance intervals and it will serve you well.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If 3rd row will be used only for short trips or emergencies, then an SUV or MPV will be fine. But if you will employ the services of the 3rd row plus additional cargo space regularly, then van it is.

If you need a bigger vehicle, might I suggest the previous gen Carnival. Absolutely cavernous interior space for 8 full sized adults and their cargo. Follow the recommended maintenance intervals and it will serve you well.

SUV / MPV it is

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If Internal space is a key requirement, a minivan will be the best option. We just drove nearly 2k miles in the US Southeast and our Dodge Caravan was our best companion with all the luggage that we were hauling. Mas malaki pa interior space ng Caravan kaysa Nissan Pathfinder (midsize SUV like Explorer) and Nissan Armada (full size SUV like the Expedition).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the reco. I'm on the fence with the Xpander since its relatively new so not much feedback yet. What do you mean the Rush is slow? Are you referring to acceleration?

Yes. Acceleration is slow and engine is small vs. the body hence fuel economy suffers.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

An officemate had a kia carnival. It was well taken care of. Sadly the fanbelt snapped before its scheduled replacement. Ayos lang sana kaso when the belt snapped, nawalan din sya ng preno. Almost had a very bad accident dahil wala syang preno

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my old besta diesel, had a pump to power the brakes. the pump was run by a belt from the crankshaft pulley.
    when the engine died, so did the pump. even jumping on the brake pedal had little effect in bringing the van to a stop.

i am not sure with gas-engined cars.
    in some (older?) gas engines, the vacuum used to power the brake booster comes from the inherent vacuum from the action of the pistons. i suppose, when the engine dies, the vacuum is considerably lessened, but it is still there, nonetheless.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    SUV / MPV it is

Then I suppose the Innova is the next best option. The short hood means it has bigger cabin space versus similarly sized SUVs. If you need to carry lots of cargo and more than 5 passengers though, you may have to fold up one of the 3rd row seats.

The advantage of this car though is the inexhaustible supply of parts and accessories, along with rock solid resale value.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mpv? Innova.
    Suv? MuX or Montero

Worried about luggage space when there are 7 in the car? Install a roof rack and solve that problem with just an additional 6-10k budget. Want sossy? Install a roof box for 25k. Or a tow ball and a trailer. Damn, get the MuX and get a camper trailer!

10. Join Date
    May 2019
    Xpander GLS very satisfied owner here.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast