New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Hi Guys,

Need help in getting a new car, my options are:

- Ford Fiesta Sport
    - DCT !?
    - would be cheaper than my other options and just have the sound setup afterwards

- Honda 1.5 Jazz
    - would be cheaper than my other options and just have the sound setup afterwards
    - no stock

- Elantra 1.8 A/T
    - value for money

- Sonata 2.4 Premium
    - not sure of this because of gas consumption
    - I love the interior and the overall looks

- Sta Fe eVGT 4x4 a/t
    - Cheaper diesel consumption
    - higher ground clearance
    - great for summer travels

- Montero 4x4 VGT a/t
    - to me this looks better than Sta Fe

- Subaru Forester XT
    - used to be an option until I've read the thread that this is a gas guzzler and very expensive to maintain.

- subaru sti a/t or genesis coupe 3.8 brembo
    - there is no need to haul too many people but I think its also just a waste to use this as a daily drive or its not?
    and its worth it ???

Any other suggestion is welcome

Requirements:

- Will be use for daily drive marikina - c5 - ortigas - rockwell - makati
    - I love good quality sound, I know there's always the aftermarket
    - I am using an Accent 1.4 A/T right now and consuming average 12 to 15 liters / 100 km (heavy foot)
    - Previously used EX GTA and consumed 7 to 10km / liter, same reason this car is not on my option. I have this before.

Many thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paulthealien View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need help in getting a new car, my options are:

- Ford Fiesta Sport
    - DCT !?

- Honda 1.5 Jazz
    - no stock

- Elantra 1.8 A/T
    - value for money

- Sonata 2.4 Premium
    - not sure of this because of gas consumption
    - I love the interior and the overall looks

- Sta Fe eVGT 4x4 a/t
    - Cheaper diesel consumption

- Montero 4x4 VGT a/t
    - to me this looks better than Sta Fe

- Subaru Forester XT
    - used to be an option until I've read the thread that this is a gas guzzler and very expensive to maintain.

- subaru sti a/t or genesis coupe 3.8 brembo
    - there is no need to haul too many people but I think its also just a waste to use this as a daily drive or its not?
    and its worth it ???

Any other suggestion is welcome

Requirements:

- Will be use for daily drive marikina - c5 - ortigas - rockwell - makati
    - I love good quality sound, I know there's always the aftermarket
    - I am using an Accent 1.4 A/T right now and consuming average 12 to 15 liters / 100 km (heavy foot)
    - Previously used EX GTA and consumed 7 to 10km / liter, same reason this car is not on my option. I have this before.

Many thanks.
    Napakalawak ng budget mo bro. If you can afford cars like the SF 4x4, MS GTV, Forester XT and GC 3.8V6, then the hatches are automatically out, especially since you already have an Accent. Montero's are dime a dozen in the streets, there's no individuality anymore. If you want a great looking, fast and economical daily driver, get the Sorento Deluxe. Its got pretty much all the goodies found in the Tucson Premium like dual sunroof, start/stop system, etc, the SF's 2.2R e-VGT engine and looks straight off Audi's design book.

Among your low car choices. If you find the FXT a gas guzzler eh di mas lalo ang STi A/T since its got the same engine with much, much more power. Many people say the GC 3.8 is surprisingly fuel efficient, even more so than the Sonata 2.4. So if you want a fast car and 2 doors are OK with you, then this is it.

I personally prefer SUVs, especially if it will be your daily driver since its got a more robust construction, higher ground clearance and more cargo space. The diesels are surprisingly quick and economical too. I'd give much emphasis on the part about the high ground clearance if your place floods a lot. So you live in Marikina, I presume?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I need to do a test drive para maka decide kung ano talaga gusto ko. Hopefully may iba pa mag reply lalo na sa mga owners ng mga options ko.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Napakalawak ng budget mo bro. If you can afford cars like the SF 4x4, MS GTV, Forester XT and GC 3.8V6, then the hatches are automatically out, especially since you already have an Accent. Montero's are dime a dozen in the streets, there's no individuality anymore. If you want a great looking, fast and economical daily driver, get the Sorento Deluxe. Its got pretty much all the goodies found in the Tucson Premium like dual sunroof, start/stop system, etc, the SF's 2.2R e-VGT engine and looks straight off Audi's design book.

Among your low car choices. If you find the FXT a gas guzzler eh di mas lalo ang STi A/T since its got the same engine with much, much more power. Many people say the GC 3.8 is surprisingly fuel efficient, even more so than the Sonata 2.4. So if you want a fast car and 2 doors are OK with you, then this is it.

I personally prefer SUVs, especially if it will be your daily driver since its got a more robust construction, higher ground clearance and more cargo space. The diesels are surprisingly quick and economical too. I'd give much emphasis on the part about the high ground clearance if your place floods a lot. So you live in Marikina, I presume?

Need Help / Advise in selecting DD Car