New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hello, I just need you advice on which of the two 2nd hand SUVs should I buy.
    My daily drive is a honda city (no coding in our area). I will be using the car for out of town trips and some light offroading.
    Already remove the Terra and Montero from my list since I don't like the knees up position in the 3rd row.

Here are my priorities.
    Space and comfort for 5-7 people (for out of town trips)
    Offroading capabilities (though not really heavy offroading)
    Which is better for long drive (engine performance and handling)?

I could stretch my budget for the 4v4 models but I don't know if it is worth the price difference.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK the MUX is more spacious than the Fortuner. Vastly more powerful too. Would be great to have 4x4 if you plan on doing offroading. All that ground clearance, chassis flex and wading depth would be for nothing if you get stuck in the mud! Need advice: Fortuner 2.4V 2016 vs MUX 3.0 2018

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, the MUX is newer. I’d go for that. Both vehicles ain’t that quicker than your City anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    MUX has more power - torquey in the entire rev range and has power anytime you call for it. Also has more space - wider 2nd row and more legroom in the 3rd row.

However, it drives like a truck. Heavy and slow steering paired with so much body roll. Interior looks cheap too. Not fun to drive at all.

Fortuner is more matagtag but feels more civil to drive for me. Good low end torque but when you try to overtake and drive at above 3000 rpm you'll be surprised there's nothing there anymore. Personally, the Fort has a much better interior and exterior.

Between the 2, objectively the MUX is better but I just can't stomach driving a truck so my personal pick is the Fortuner.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is there a local suv that has an honestly comfortable 3rd row?
    sufing thru several reviews, the answer is a mixed bag.
    i suppose that means, "...yes, but...".

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK the MUX is more spacious than the Fortuner. Vastly more powerful too. Would be great to have 4x4 if you plan on doing offroading. All that ground clearance, chassis flex and wading depth would be for nothing if you get stuck in the mud! Need advice: Fortuner 2.4V 2016 vs MUX 3.0 2018

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    exactly, though in our area (Cebu), its really difficult to find a used 4x4 MUX. I saw a 4x4 Fort for around 300k more. I'm not sure if its worth the price gap though. Will just be buying 2nd hand since I only use it for offroading and family trips

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    MUX has more power - torquey in the entire rev range and has power anytime you call for it. Also has more space - wider 2nd row and more legroom in the 3rd row.

However, it drives like a truck. Heavy and slow steering paired with so much body roll. Interior looks cheap too. Not fun to drive at all.

Fortuner is more matagtag but feels more civil to drive for me. Good low end torque but when you try to overtake and drive at above 3000 rpm you'll be surprised there's nothing there anymore. Personally, the Fort has a much better interior and exterior.

Between the 2, objectively the MUX is better but I just can't stomach driving a truck so my personal pick is the Fortuner.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I'm quite suprised on the power of the fortuner, I thought the 2.4 engine matches the Mux since it has more torque (on paper). Is the 2.8 engine better? Might also be looking at the 4x4 as suggested previously.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    CX-8 and CX-9 BUT gasoline?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    I once sat on the 3rd row of the Fort for around 2hrs and its not that cramped as I thought. I'm 5'7" by the way, though you can really feel the bumps when there are just 3-4 people on board. Never tried the MUX though.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    The Ford Expedition and the Hyundai Palisade comes to mind.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast