New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Fellow Tsikoter,

My wife will be a first timer driver. So we're planning to get at least a second hand vehicle as her "practice" car. Im choosing between a friend's 2008 CRV or a bank repossessed's 2014 Vios. I know they are in a different category but both vehicle seems to be in my wife's taste. CRV because of its height. As we know, roads here in the Philippines easily get flooded in sudden downpour. Vios, which is known for its "tipid" factor and its parts availability.

So guy, please help us decide which vehicle to choose. All inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*By the way both vehicle has almost the same price range, CRV at P490k and Vios at P550k.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
    Hi Fellow Tsikoter,

My wife will be a first timer driver. So we're planning to get at least a second hand vehicle as her "practice" car. Im choosing between a friend's 2008 CRV or a bank repossessed's 2014 Vios. I know they are in a different category but both vehicle seems to be in my wife's taste. CRV because of its height. As we know, roads here in the Philippines easily get flooded in sudden downpour. Vios, which is known for its "tipid" factor and its parts availability.

So guy, please help us decide which vehicle to choose. All inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*By the way both vehicle has almost the same price range, CRV at P490k and Vios at P550k.
    If there are no issues and with your friend's CRV and it's well maintained, I'll chose that one. Could you also share the mileage of both vehicles? CRV is older but better overall. Just prepare for higher maintenance cost...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
    Hi Fellow Tsikoter,

If there are no issues and with your friend's CRV and it's well maintained, I'll chose that one. Could you also share the mileage of both vehicles? CRV is older but better overall. Just prepare for higher maintenance cost...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Crv gets my vote as you can see the hood from the drivers seat which is a big help sa mga new drivers. Best is to let your wife try both in the drivers seat. Better yet a test drive would be great.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I recommend CRV for the added safety because of it's height and size. First time driver so most likely madami-dami "dings and dangs" yan na ma-encounter in the future.

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    CRV My Wife's First Self Driven Car: Second Hand 2008 CRV or Bank Repossessed  2014 Vios

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Isipin mo in 3 years, 10 years old na yung CRV.

Vios

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    My Vote goes for the CR-V. No brainer. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If I can get the toyota inspected by a certified toyota mechanic and do that 200+ point check and if this toyota passes. Id get the toyota either 1.3 or 1.5

The crv is a gas guzzler. If she will drive 30km per day. And worst case scenarios

Expect 4km/l vs 6km/l

Example 30km per day at 4km/l for 4days a week(coding) and 65weeks in a year, costs 78,000 pesos (say 40pesos per liter)
    The other one costs 38k per year.

After 5 yrs. Total fuel costs for the crv after 5yrs is 390,000 vs 190,000. Kamot ulo.

Come year 2021. The 13yr ol crv might have an oil leak. Or oil pump failure. Or water pump failure, wiper motor failure. Alternator issues. Ac compressor failure.

The 7yr old vios will be still running. Maybe some issues after nabaha. LOL

Just wait til floods subside. If heavy rains are expected, drive early/late.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd get the vios, because its just newer...mas wala pang problem yan, maintenance and for fuel efficiency reasons.
    madali lang din naman i drive ang vios eh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast