New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just assess what you need and how you primarily use your car.

If majority of your use for it is for a daily commute on your own, get a sub compact.

If you want more space, assess, is it space for people or stuff? If for people, the lancer is a compact car and has some slight advantages in space. If for stuff, then the avanza is a good choice.

There's a thread here on lancer vs city. Suggest you go through it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    based on your needs, like family, daily driven etc- my vote goes to honda city. I agree na alisin mo na lan old lancer from your list. I think ready ka naman with your finances.

I hope this helps : http://www.motioncars.com/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    browsing more sites looking for the one to buy, i take a chance seeing the new honda city, when will that be launched here in he philippines? i hope it's within my budget. i like it based on the pictures i saw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you plan to keep your car for more than a hundred years i suggest for the lancer, daming pyesa na mura. Vios is my second choice sa list mo.
    Im still skeptical with CVT when it comes to reliability and being economical.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by McKenkoy View Post
    I am planning to buy my first car within the next two months. I will be using it to and from the office (QC- Makati) on weekdays and for out of town trips on weekends. I want something economical and easy to maintain and reliable, of course. A car that will serve its purpose of transporting me and my family in a comfortable way. No plans of modifications, except for a good set of wheel and tires, and an excellent in car entertainment.

My choices are Honda Jazz, Honda City, Toyta Vios, Mitsubishi Lancer(old model).

Budget is around 700k, or, 200k for dp and around 20k for MA, for 36 months.

I am counting on your inputs, suggestions on which to buy.

Thanks in advance
    for me toyota vios mura maintenance
    sa honda sobra mahal ng maintenance (parts and services)
    mitsubishi lancer filing ko ang baba ng resale value

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My advice, go for the new Jazz.. good looks, nice interior space, plus it's the newest in your list.. also, based on past experience, FC is good, and parts, though pricey, are always around. Second would be the City. Nice trunk space and nice handling.. third is Vios because of very good FC and parts availability.. (kahit sari sari ata meron Toyota parts ) last would be the Lancer, though cheap and with highest power, FC is high, and resale value is low.

Why not consider Sentra as well? GSX models are really nice looking, complete with Nismo dress-up and dealer discounts.

Hope this helps...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi The NEW CITY will be out January/February 2009 according to HONDA MAKATI

fyi lang sa lahat

but with your choices, go for the new jazz. mejo girly nga lang yung design.

city over vios anytime. dami kasing nakavios.. and taxi pa..

bali wala rin imo yung mga G at LE nila...

no offense meant.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ^^
    ayaw bilhin ang vios dahil taxi, ano ba ang big issue dun? curious lang ako.
    Last edited by Sarsi; November 7th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    ^^
    ayaw bilhin ang vios dahil taxi, ano ba ang big issue dun? curious lang ako.
    mas masyadong common. yun lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by caruboi View Post
    but with your choices, go for the new jazz. mejo girly nga lang yung design.
    Pssst! Caruboi... some big guys from Honda Club Phils would like to have a word with you.

no offense meant.
    no body harm meant as well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
My First Car