New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Kung Santa Fe napili mo sa Hancars ka na bro mas loaded kesa mga unit ng HARI
    no problem. that would be an option

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^yup, if you're going for the sf get from hancars mas maganda units nila.

i personally would not choose the ms. masikip sa loob.
    AND because of this >>> Mitsubishi SUV Rollover Lawsuit: Why Mitsubishi Is Liable
    Rollover Risks with the Mitsubishi Challenger / Montero Sport | Willis Law Firm
    Montero SUV Gets Dismal Rollover Rating - Los Angeles Times
    Mitsubishi Montero Rollover Defective Injury Lawsuits Death | No Rollbars, Flimsy Roof Design

have you heard of the MS that rolled over at sctex because they ran over a 2x2 wood? 4 dead?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    My wife drives a 2012 montero sport. sobrang bigat ng steering compared to my crv 07. SF3 has 3 steering modes though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mali naman siguro sabihin na "Mismatch" para kasing ang yabang when the truth is comparable naman talaga. Pero Back to Topic, mas maganda talaga yung santa fe, its very refined inside and out. kung afford ang santa fe then go for it.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sobrang layo. The new Santa Fe has quality comparable to true midsize SUVs like the Prado and Pajero and premium crossovers like the CX9. The Montero uses very cheap quality plastic for the interior, although the design is OK. The ride is comfortable and the handling not too shabby either. In terms of punch, I find it slightly better than the Santa Fe VGT- which, mind you, is still faster off the line. I don't know if its because the unit I drove is still green or if its just plain turbo lag, but the throttle response was very much delayed. It takes its time to slowly rev until it nears 2000rpm before it starts to really go at it, unlike the near-instantaneous throttle response of the SF VGT which hits 3000rpm within a split second of hitting the accelerator. Not to mention the 4D56, despite being tweaked to its current 178ps form, is still noisy and unrefined- much more so than the 3.0L Fortuner, let alone the Santa Fe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Back 2007, most of the fellas here were skeptic about the korean SUV, but the SF has a come a long way, and now it seems that the tide has changed in favor of the korean based german influenced SUV.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sobrang layo. The new Santa Fe has quality comparable to true midsize SUVs like the Prado and Pajero and premium crossovers like the CX9. The Montero uses very cheap quality plastic for the interior, although the design is OK. The ride is comfortable and the handling not too shabby either. In terms of punch, I find it slightly better than the Santa Fe VGT- which, mind you, is still faster off the line. I don't know if its because the unit I drove is still green or if its just plain turbo lag, but the throttle response was very much delayed. It takes its time to slowly rev until it nears 2000rpm before it starts to really go at it, unlike the near-instantaneous throttle response of the SF VGT which hits 3000rpm within a split second of hitting the accelerator. Not to mention the 4D56, despite being tweaked to its current 178ps form, is still noisy and unrefined- much more so than the 3.0L Fortuner, let alone the Santa Fe.
    Wala naman ganyanan sir, sinasabi mo pawang katotohanan eh na ayaw marinig ng mga fanboys haha! Akala ko ba sir sabi ni Mitsuboshi tatapatan daw niya power ni Santa Fe hehe .... Sa dami ng Mitsuboshi banners nang lumabas si namumulang GT-V, tatapatan daw si Fe haha :D ....Ang dami namang naniniwala sa Phelipens ;)

Tama yang description mo chief, anemic yan below 2000 rpm (may hesitation) kahit pa super-power daw ang namumulang GT-V hehe ;)

Hindi nga pinapansin yan sa ibang bansa hehe, OIP lang yan (only in the Phelipens)

No further comment your honour kasi pawang katotohanan sinasabi mo, tunay kang hindi pinagdududahan idol! ;)

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow nagsanib..gti and dmac....nice

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Wala naman ganyanan sir, sinasabi mo pawang katotohanan eh na ayaw marinig ng mga fanboys haha! Akala ko ba sir sabi ni Mitsuboshi tatapatan daw niya power ni Santa Fe hehe .... Sa dami ng Mitsuboshi banners nang lumabas si namumulang GT-V, tatapatan daw si Fe haha :D ....Ang dami namang naniniwala sa Phelipens ;)

Tama yang description mo chief, anemic yan below 2000 rpm (may hesitation) kahit pa super-power daw ang namumulang GT-V hehe ;)

Hindi nga pinapansin yan sa ibang bansa hehe, OIP lang yan (only in the Phelipens)

No further comment your honour kasi pawang katotohanan sinasabi mo, tunay kang hindi pinagdududahan idol!

Personal experience yan sir! We had a 2008 SF 4x2 VGT which was replaced recently with a 2013 Strada GLS Sport V since the need for a bigger hauler arose. I was able to extensively drive both. Both are capable of hitting 200km/h (and have already been done, but not by me). In order for the Strada to be quick off the line, manual mode must be activated. Steering is on the heavy side, though thankfully doesn't take too many turns from lock to lock unlike our old Trooper which needs about 5 turns, though with a very light steering. I mentioned that the plastics were hard and cheap-looking, but the (old) Santa Fe's is just as hard. I was surprised with the ride quality, it doesn't feel like its on leaf springs at all! There is still some body roll when cornering at the limit, though still not half as bad as the Revo cornering at half the speed. The power locks are still not speed sensitive, and like with many Mitsubishi's, are activated from the driver's door lock itself instead of having a separate switch along with the power window controls, which is rather ergonomically incorrect. The hand brake is in a position for RHDs, and is a rather long reach. The floor pan is rather high, being a ladder frame vehicle, which makes it quite a hassle to climb up to for some, and then you'll see that it lacks any pillar-mounted grab handles!

Its still got lots of rough edges, and I backstab that car everywhere I go. But in the end I still enjoy driving the Strada a lot whenever I get the chance to.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We don't based our decision on resale value. Kami kung saan mas masaya at satisfied sa overall performance ng kotse dun kami.. Kaya ako never bother to check with the MS, kasi ang alam ko mas happy ako sa SF..

Btw, kahit anong SUV (2M RANGE) na seven seater, MS, Fort, SF3, or Everest, yung 3rd row, pang add on lang yan, if you really need a 3rd row, get a van.. Mas comfortable ang VAN like yung Starex or Carnival when it comes to 3rd row seats.

Regarding service, subjective yan, advantage talaga ka kung familiar ka sa service center at may kilala... Like ako, I'm not familiar with Mitsu casa so talagang HYUNDAI ang pinili ko, kasi kahit ma pa quezon city to las pinas, may dealer na pwedeng tumulong...

Lastly, puntahan mo yung dalawang kotse, kung sino ang magbibigay sa iyo ng ligaya, yun ang bilhin mo...

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsm View Post
    How about the after sales service? Sino mas ok ang service? How about resale value sino mas mataas? Thanks
    Last edited by imperialv; May 12th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast