New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Do you guys think the new Trend variant for the Ford Everest is a good alternative to what OP listed?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    In this order po for me.
    1) montero
    2) terra
    3) CRV
    4) innova
    5) xpander

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickjazzy View Post
    Mga Sir need ko po ang expert advice nyo. I'm planning to buy a new car to supplement my old but reliable Honda Jazz. Below are my requirements/specs:

1. 7 seater -for family use
    2. Maximum budget of 1.8M
    3. Comfortable
    4. Large cargo space and can carry heavy loads
    5. Handling/easy to drive
    6. Reliable and with no major mechanical/technical issues
    7. Design and features (safety,tech,gadgets)

I'll use it as my daily drive going to work and also as cargo hauler (around 600 kilos plus two people) whenever we get supplies for the small business of my wife, from Central Luzon to Manila at least twice a month. My old Jazz is having a rough time whenever we buy supplies from Manila. Also, I haven't experienced driving a larger vehicle like SUV/MPV, mostly sedan lang na-drive ko, so ease of use and comfort is also an importanr consideration baka kasi manibago ako. Thank you po sa response.
    Bro, so what happened in 2008?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    of the cars (and budget) you mentioned

1. Montero or Innova G/V (sorry, I find the E too lacking in features)
    2. Terra - not really a car I'm looking at right now, but it's big and based on the Navara
    3. CR-V - it's the only diesel in Honda's current line-up. I can just imagine issues with parts availability if you plan to keep the car for more than 10 years. 2nd, I think they have a 6-7 year cycle for the CR-V, current gen was released in 2017 (compared to the 9-10 year cycle of the Montero and Innova)
    4. Xpander GLS - it's just not in the same category as your other choices

Suggestion: also look at the Fortuner G

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Bigat ng 600kg ah!

If you add two passengers that will almost certainly put you over gross vehicle mass in all of those options.

Montero Sport GLX for example is 1935kg curb weight, 2600kg GVM
    Say the two passengers are 100kg total, plus 600kg of cargo = 2635kg already.

The Montero, Terra and Innova will probably take it just fine, but the Xpander will likely be just as "hirap" if not more so than your Jazz (less hp plus heavier vehicle).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    600 kg + 2 people = at least 700 kg.
    on a regular basis?
    get a pick-up, sir.
    prioritize.
    my 98 centavos' worth.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Problema lang sa pickup is the 7-seater requirement.

IMO the best vehicle that fits OP's needs is a van. Hi-Ace has a genuine 1-ton payload capacity so carrying that 600kg of goods will be well within spec, and it'll carry his 7 passengers easily. Remove or reconfigure na lang ng rear seat when its time for his supply run.

Spec data with weights and capacities:
    https://www.toyota.com.au/-/media/to...ta_dec2020.pdf

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    600 kg + 2 people = at least 700 kg.
    on a regular basis?
    get a pick-up, sir.
    prioritize.
    my 98 centavos' worth.
    Load wise, kaya ng Fortuner and Montero yung 1000kgs total payload inside (Cargo and/or Passenger total). And 1.9L ng MUX, alam ko limited to 750kgs max ang payload kasi yun max payload ng Dmax (not the newly launched one). The figure is not a towing load, but yung direct liveload inside the vehicles four wheels and suspension.

No idea for the Terra but because of the more "plush" suspension geometry, same complaint malamang sa Navara which is mas dadapa yung likod mo agad with the load. Whether 1000kgs din siya, I'm not sure lang. But I would say 1k din kaya niya.

So with the Fortuner, ganun din dapat kaya ng Innova given same IMV Platform. But you'd have to check load rating of the stock wheels na lang whether nagexceed ka na sa total nung 4. Frame wise, wala dapat issue.

Anecdotal note: Nagkarga ako sa 2011 Montero ng 20 & 25 bags ng cemento dati (25kgs each per bag) separate instances. ako lang though inside. Di naman dapa yung Montero or hirap but mas evenly distributed din kasi yung mga bags thru the frame up to the back side of the front seats.
    Friend put more than more than 1k kgs inside the first gen Fortuner. Confirmed weight is more than 1000kgs kasi dinala niya for an air freight delivery. Dapa na yung likod pero kaya at kinailangan niya lang gawin at that time kasi need madeliver talaga. Siya lang din person inside. But this is not recommended. Kahit siya sinabi emergency lang talaga kaya napilitan siya gawin.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung mga CUV (Forester, CRV) usually nasa 700kg lang yung load capacity. Ganun din towing capacity.

Yung mga medium pickup (Ranger, Hilux), around 1000kg ata yung load capacity. There are instances where people carry more than 1 ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Load wise, kaya ng Fortuner and Montero yung 1000kgs total payload inside (Cargo and/or Passenger total). And 1.9L ng MUX, alam ko limited to 750kgs max ang payload kasi yun max payload ng Dmax (not the newly launched one). The figure is not a towing load, but yung direct liveload inside the vehicles four wheels and suspension.

No idea for the Terra but because of the more "plush" suspension geometry, same complaint malamang sa Navara which is mas dadapa yung likod mo agad with the load. Whether 1000kgs din siya, I'm not sure lang. But I would say 1k din kaya niya.

So with the Fortuner, ganun din dapat kaya ng Innova given same IMV Platform. But you'd have to check load rating of the stock wheels na lang whether nagexceed ka na sa total nung 4. Frame wise, wala dapat issue.

Anecdotal note: Nagkarga ako sa 2011 Montero ng 20 & 25 bags ng cemento dati (25kgs each per bag) separate instances. ako lang though inside. Di naman dapa yung Montero or hirap but mas evenly distributed din kasi yung mga bags thru the frame up to the back side of the front seats.
    Friend put more than more than 1k kgs inside the first gen Fortuner. Confirmed weight is more than 1000kgs kasi dinala niya for an air freight delivery. Dapa na yung likod pero kaya at kinailangan niya lang gawin at that time kasi need madeliver talaga. Siya lang din person inside. But this is not recommended. Kahit siya sinabi emergency lang talaga kaya napilitan siya gawin.
    That's the point of the GVM. "Kaya" doesn't mean it's safe. I think ok lang to do it in an emergency, but if you're going to be doing it regularly it's better to get a vehicle rated to carry the load to begin with.
    From the curb weight to GVM comparison around 700+kg lang ang load capacity ng Montero, despite the Strada being rated for 970kg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast