New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Everest sana sakto pero seeing how the ranger was executed from spy pics to production to intro to PH market, mukhang mga 1-2 years pa yun. ala pa nga spy pics e. and based from the pricelist from ford noong 2012 MIAS, a NEW Everest will be coming this July perhaps a facelift since the explorer and ranger has a "ALL-NEW" prefix instead of "NEW" for the Everest.

for the other Ladder frames,

Fortuner-I don't like the 102hp 2.5 D4-D, 3.0 naman around 1.7m na. I was told long ago nung bago pa fortuner around 2006, IMV platform ng Toyota is scheduled hanggang 2014. kala ko nanghuhula lang yung SA. tagal naman sabe ko. totoo pala.hehe bale two facelifts tig three years lahat.

upcoming Colorado and trailblazer - hesitant parin ako sa chevy brand with the previously bad reps lalo na sa parts and service.

kung pick-up naman, cyempre ranger na pipillin ko.

magandang hintayin yung upcoming SF. kaso it is basically the same as our sorento lalo na't R-eVGT din gagamitin. and gusto ko sana ladder frame muna. yung sorento although comfortable ride, masyadong soft for roughroads, potholes. di madampen ng maayos ng shocks.

so down to two choices, Montero nonVGT M/T and Ranger XLT 6 A/T

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    na labas na ba ung 2012 ford ranger? we have the 2009 ford ranger 2.5AT trekker. sobrang lakas ng hatak. at macho tlga tingnan. pero ung backseat niya may kaliitan ung leg room.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    first batches of Ford Ranger already arrived on PH. decision time. I like the price and specs of the ranger but I find the Montero Sport more practical. still undecided.hehe.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Montero. More practical. Malaki space nya sa likod pag folded ang third row seat. Yun nga lang, luma na ang design and maraming kapareho. But worth it talaga

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang Ranger strictly 5 seater lang. Unless you are going to install a Campershell and put seats on the bed.

IMHO mas practical ang Montero. You get the extra seating capacity when you need it. Its quite comfortable to, and power is adequate enough.

But if you don't mind the harsher ride, the Everest should be a better choice. Kahit hindi siya yung bago, OK parin naman siya. Besides, since yung "NEW" darating na, they should be giving lucrative deals for the current one.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ang Ranger strictly 5 seater lang. Unless you are going to install a Campershell and put seats on the bed.

IMHO mas practical ang Montero. You get the extra seating capacity when you need it. Its quite comfortable to, and power is adequate enough.

But if you don't mind the harsher ride, the Everest should be a better choice. Kahit hindi siya yung bago, OK parin naman siya. Besides, since yung "NEW" darating na, they should be giving lucrative deals for the current one.
    yup, good space for 5 lang kailangan. ladder frame muna para substitute sa sorento. decided na sa ford ranger, reserved april pa but the practicality and price of the GLX non-VGT M/T montero was just hard to resist. hence, this thread.hehehe

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^it's just grille changes being updated on the Everest.

The TS only needs a Five seater anyway. Read the first post please.

GTi, You don't need a campershell on a pick-up and putting seats in the rear is dangerous and stupid. What you need is a roller bed cover to put your things there.

I don't think the montero is practical. it's bare, has an old engine and a weak one too. And a very smokey one.

The Ranger will be your best bet. Swak in all of your categories. and it has the BEST Euro-ncap rating ever for a pick-up truck with 5-stars rating. The montero? naahhh just look at the plenty of news about wrecked monteros.

-----

Saw a White Ranger XLT in Domestic road this morning. And it stands out!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    We own the non vgt montero pero kasi it was a gift to my mom. Kaya pinagbigyan ko nalang nanay ko. Siya naman nagalaga sakin. BUT if I were to choose yung bagong ranger ako kasi bago at pogi ako tingnan dun pag ako nagdrive. HAHAHAHA! :D

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post

GTi, You don't need a campershell on a pick-up and putting seats in the rear is dangerous and stupid. What you need is a roller bed cover to put your things there.

I don't think the montero is practical. it's bare, has an old engine and a weak one too. And a very smokey one.

The Ranger will be your best bet. Swak in all of your categories. and it has the BEST Euro-ncap rating ever for a pick-up truck with 5-stars rating. The montero? naahhh just look at the plenty of news about wrecked monteros.

-----

Saw a White Ranger XLT in Domestic road this morning. And it stands out!
    practicality i'm referring to is the usable space at the back for groceries,etc. released na from dealer sir? bat di ako tinatawagan ng SA. matawagan nga.hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post

Yeah, apparently you did not get the humor in my post. Was pointing out that the Montero is more practical due to having more seats in the back, and the only way you can extend the Ranger's seating capacity would be installing a Campershell and jeepney type seats on the bed - which I have seen some old pickup owners do, by the way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Montero non-VGT or 2012 Ranger XLT