New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ako if di naman problem ang FC...crv nalang kasi subok na...pero okey sana monty pero rami ko nakikita na bad reviews eh...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kalampag doesn't depend on whether you're front-drive or rear-drive. It'll depend on the design of the suspension. And since both have coil springs all around, the deciding factor may be how heavy-duty the suspension is. The Montero's might just be more heavy duty, but I wouldn't bet on it... it's softer than the Everest or the Fortuner.

-

The CR-V doesn't feel old or outdated on the inside. It's a pretty well-designed car.... great space, good ergonomics. The only problem is the 2.0 without the leather seats has horribly stiff seats. The Montero is more comfortable overall... softer seats, softer suspension... but the CR-V will most likely be much easier to maintain. Longer oil-change intervals, cheaper parts, somewhat better durability for electronics and such. You just need to balance that against the difference in fuel price... figure out whether you'd rather pay more for fuel or for repairs (granted, those repairs will come way down the road).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=4]Between the two. The crv is the winner when it comes to the interior looks. Space wise? Montero syempre. Pero if you`re not going to use the extra 2 seats then CRV ka na, pero let me remind you, its always best to have an extra.

Siguro ako, between the two I`d go for the montero. Pero why not you change your options? Para mas better? Make it....

Montero Sport vs. Subaru Forester? Hmmm, para sakin lang naman.
    [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Oo nga naman the low end Montero and low end Forester is price competitive. So etchapwera na ang CRV.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    When front kalampag comes around take your bet which is more expensive to repair. Not to mention those minor bumps or accidents. Take a test hitting a FWD and a RWD car at 20 KPH on a flat wall (head on) and then take it both to a shop for repair of the under chassis alone and you will see.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Both vehicles are 4x2 but the difference lies in their drive train. CRV is FWD (Front Wheel Drive) while Montero is RWD (Rear Wheel Drive). In the Montero's case, the engine's power is transferred through a drive shaft and goes to the differential which makes the rear wheels move.

+1 on the cheap feeling interior of the Montero. My main complaint is the dashboard which is cheap in appearance and in feel because of its distractingly shiny and texture-less surface.

In this case, I'm willing to make on the Mitsubishi brand.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by neopuma View Post
    i actually prefer the montero, pero my dad has always wanted the crv.

di ko naintindihan yung rwd. di ba both yung 4X2 and CRV (4X2) naka front wheel drive?
    Tingin ko dito kung sino ang magbabayad siya ang masusunod.

On the topic, both vehicles are nice to own.

Go back to the basics, do you need the extra seats (5- vs 7-seater)? which do you prefer, FWD or RWD? gas or diesel? maintenance cost? do the difference in price offset by mileage travelled when being used? city or provincial driving conditions?

Kayo lang ho makakasagot nito.

------
    Personally, I will gravitate towards the MS for versatility and ruggedness. Considering where I lived(not the best roads), I will choose a truck-based SUV rather than a soft crossover vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphgo3 View Post
    ako if di naman problem ang FC...crv nalang kasi subok na...pero okey sana monty pero rami ko nakikita na bad reviews eh...
    Anong bang mga negatives sa Montero? Ito ba ay yung sa 3.2L o sa 2.5L?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    What if MS 4x2 AT or CRV 2.0 AT? In terms of ride, value for money and fuel efficiency? The CRV is accepted in countries outside the Philippines. Is the MS also? Kindly enlighten me on this one. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the Montero Sport is sold in Russia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Oceania. But the CRV is sold in almost every country in the world, including the United States, which means it passes the most stringent safety and emission standards. If bought here, however, the MS offers more value for money as it seats more, gets better gas mileage and has more space.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Montero 4X2 or Entry Level CRV?