New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    during the 90s, MS was sold in the US with a V6 under it's bonnet. i saw some in san francisco area. hindi ko lang alam kung bakit tinigil ng mitsubishi na i-produce ang MS sa US. lolo also used to scout for a montero sport but he ended-up getting a fully-loaded montero (equal to pajero here with a v6 under it's bonnet.) too bad that that montero was totaled... na-sandwich sa freeway. :badday:

back to the topic, i still prefer MS because of its' versatility and extra space. you might not need the extra 2 seats too often but hey, you can load more groceries... (practically-speaking) or kung magdadagdag kayo ng furniture sa bahay, you don't need to have the furniture delivered and pay delivery charge.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had this dilemma a few months back and ended up buying a CRV. The Montero was just too big for my daily use. Space wise, the CRV is very forgiving to passengers, as they have plenty of space at the back, as compared to the MS. Sure MS can carry 7-8 passengers, but I don't really need such a big car.

Both cars are built tough. It really boils down on what are your needs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're looking for value for money, get the 1.158M Tucson 2.0 GLS 2WD. Stronger engine, more kit and better looks than the CR-V.

Now, if it's strictly CR-V or Montero, and you're looking at value for money, the Montero wins for me. It's a bigger car with more space and more seats. Interior may look cheap, but really, the CR-V doesn't have much more, features-wise at least.

However, contemplate whether you need a 7-seater SUV. And if it really has to be the Montero. The Santa Fe is a better compromise of truck-based and car-based SUV (a car-based SUV that can seat 7 and has a diesel), and the 198 hp 2.2L is an engineering marvel. Great, I'm sounding like a Hyundai salesman, but really, they make the best value cars at that price range if you ask me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I had this dilemma a few months back and ended up buying a CRV. The Montero was just too big for my daily use. Space wise, the CRV is very forgiving to passengers, as they have plenty of space at the back, as compared to the MS. Sure MS can carry 7-8 passengers, but I don't really need such a big car.

Both cars are built tough. It really boils down on what are your needs.
    i 100% agree

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Montero 4X2 or Entry Level CRV?