New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Which would be a sweeter build - an A31 or a GTi?

Had previous experience "adopting" and '89 Galant SS back in college, so familiarity with the platform is a bit easy. However, the appeal of the A31 Cefiro is increasing due to 1.) the relative rarity, and 2.) the growing drift enthusiasm resulting in lots of parts for the A31.

When it boils down to satisfaction factor, I'm currently inclined to take on an A31 project. However, what might sway me into a GTi Galant (or away form an A31 Cefiro)?

Main purpose is satisfaction at the end of the day...persuade me...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Get a more rare vehicle like the Galant AMG!
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Which would be a sweeter build - an A31 or a GTi?

Had previous experience "adopting" and '89 Galant SS back in college, so familiarity with the platform is a bit easy. However, the appeal of the A31 Cefiro is increasing due to 1.) the relative rarity, and 2.) the growing drift enthusiasm resulting in lots of parts for the A31.

When it boils down to satisfaction factor, I'm currently inclined to take on an A31 project. However, what might sway me into a GTi Galant (or away form an A31 Cefiro)?

Main purpose is satisfaction at the end of the day...persuade me...
    You might want to go with the Galant even though I personally like the Cefiro. Why? "Rarity" might sound nice but at the end of the day, if you can not get parts for your car to run properly, it would be a real bummer.

That is just the practical side of me, unless you are really poised to go into the drifting scene with both feet in.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I where in your shoes, i'd go for the cefiro A31 instead.

It seems more "luxurious" than the Galant in that picture - that galant look like an old model lancer. the newer galant after that model looks a lot better to me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    think Stage 1 (gilbert) is selling his cefiro a31.

but i like the look of the gti better.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    First and foremost both cars are very reliable, have experienced with them both.
    But in reality, if it's for a project car... it would be the A31 all out. Many tune heads locally are actually looking for the said car also. Its the one of the most popular tuner car in asia, If I'm not mistaken there's an A31 in Malaysia that had an RB26 on it. It's "JDM" looks are almost are a bit similar with the silvia S13, which can be categorized as poging pogi pa din at that age especially when customized. And the nice part about this car is that since its popular among tuners it has lots of branded tuner parts available to play with.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Both are really cool JDM soon to be classics. But as a newly converted tune head myself by pinoy tuners back in in cali its the A31 for me. Actually one of the cars me and my friends here want for a project car, but then I learned that one of my relatives has this locally bought S14.. still begging him to sell me the car (matic nga lang kainis, have to convert it pa).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    "Sweeter" Project Car??? ...ahem...

di ba obvious ang GTI!?! hehe! Luxury w/ Sporty attitude

Cefiro is just too boxy and huge for me. Don't like it neither... unsporty characteristics!

Just my 5 cents!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    galant GTI for me

but (O.T.)

if kasama sa choices ang subaru legacy biased ako dito kasi love your own,

heres mine:

hopefully will turn like this if budget permits:

Last edited by cyrusblutrooper; August 28th, 2007 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Sweeter Project Car - A31 Cefiro of Galant GTi?