New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Oh, to add pala since you haven't seen both cars yet, i'm pretty sure mas matutuwa ka sa interior ng mirage. And try to look at different brands that is within your budget. Good luck!
    Got it rac98, i will do that. First thing to do when i arrive is to hop around every brands available with in reach. But for sure i will not miss the mirage.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    For me, frequency of usage is not a reason to sacrifice one's safety. If you think spending P498K (price of a base Mirage) is too much for a car that won't be used daily, have you considered a 2nd hand/used car?
    I will go with the idea of a bigger 2nd hand car especially with a baby. Normally, may kasamang mga relatives pag lumalabas. Kung gagamitin mo lang naman for 3 months, hindi worth ang brandnew. Economy is not also a question for 3 months of use.

A 3 year old Civic or Altis should be more comfortable and safer. But between your two choices, the Mirage.

Just for me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    also mirage for me. pwede rin Eon, kapalit ng Alto. pero sa mirage pa rin ako kasi nga safer car

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *ts, with 90% or everyone (?) voting for the Mirage, I hope you could make your decision na

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    I will go with the idea of a bigger 2nd hand car especially with a baby. Normally, may kasamang mga relatives pag lumalabas. Kung gagamitin mo lang naman for 3 months, hindi worth ang brandnew. Economy is not also a question for 3 months of use.

A 3 year old Civic or Altis should be more comfortable and safer. But between your two choices, the Mirage.

Just for me.
    Salamat sa advice. Napag isipan ko na rin yan kaso masyadong masakit sa ulo ang mag isip kng ang 2nd hand car ba na mapipili ko ay maayos o hindi, lalo na kng d kakilala ang pagbibilhan. At isa pa kulang ang oras ko para maghanap ng maayos na sasakyan. Para sa akin kng safe buying ang pag uusapan., id rather get the brand new one na sigurado ako na d galing sa baha o walang history ng kung ano mang trouble.. Pag 2nd hand d ko alam kng sa pagbyahe ko papuntang probinsya d ako ipapara sa tabi ng daan dahil sa may deperensya ang makina. I wont risk may chances na lang at ang malaking abala na maaring mangyari. Alam ko na d naman lahat ng 2nd hand magkapareho, but there still a possibility na makachamba ng maayos o hindi man. Kahit man 3 months ko lang gagamitin while on vacation, i know kung ano ang condition na kotse at kahit ilang years man andyan pa rin at magagamit ko tuwing bakasyon, at ako mismo nakakasigurado na fresh ko kinuha ang unit at no regrets naman siguro dahil brand new naman.

So far most of the votes goes to mirage. and i did agree sa helpful views.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    *ts, with 90% or everyone (?) voting for the Mirage, I hope you could make your decision na
    Yes Cathy, matibay talaga ang votes ng mirage dahil sa features na lamang na lamang sa alto. Para sa akin in favor ako and will stand for Safety First culture. Budget wise nga ba? Price difference between Alto deluxe and Mirage glx mt is 60,000, i think its not that bad right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Another point you have to consider is resale value
    Prices of used altos go down quickly (you can get a 3 year old alto for 200k)
    Mirage's resale value should be better

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chriszj View Post
    Yes Cathy, matibay talaga ang votes ng mirage dahil sa features na lamang na lamang sa alto. Para sa akin in favor ako and will stand for Safety First culture. Budget wise nga ba? Price difference between Alto deluxe and Mirage glx mt is 60,000, i think its not that bad right?
    Yes 60k is not a huge difference and as viper888 pointed out, the mirage has a better resale value compared to the Alto. Tingin ko sir once you see the Mirage in the flesh, siya ang pipiliin mo

How about the Vios 1.3 J M/T? PHP630l The new vios is gorgeous!!! I am even tempted to get one. The vios is a reliable car and everyone says it's very much tipid sa gas. You get a trunk too if you choose the Vios.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 1st, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Another point you have to consider is resale value
    Prices of used altos go down quickly (you can get a 3 year old alto for 200k)
    Mirage's resale value should be better
    Asking price for a 2008 Alto ( 5 year old) is 200k.

Asking price for 3 year olds is between 200-250k.

Consider the brand new price of the old 800 was 370-400k pesos, that's not terrible.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yes 60k is not a huge difference and as viper888 pointed out, the mirage has a better resale value compared to the Alto. Tingin ko sir once you see the Mirage in the flesh, siya ang pipiliin mo

How about the Vios 1.3 J M/T? PHP630l The new vios is gorgeous!!! I am even tempted to get one. The vios is a reliable car and everyone says it's very much tipid sa gas. You get a trunk too if you choose the Vios.
    Tama c viper888. Napansin ko nga sa sulit at ayos na masyadong mababa ang resale value ng alto. So far sa standing ng Mirage, possibly na maging competitive din ang resale value nito, just like other sub-compact cars.

I had given a thought about the vios. Siguro if kukuha man ako ng mas malaki pa sa mirage, I might get the SUV na lang. Sa ngayon sa budget na pwede pa lang ay nasa mirage na price range, higher than that, baka sa susunod na lang na pagkakataon para sa SUV. But thanks anyway i know vios is a good choice and mostly its Toyota.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast