New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i'd go for mirage in a heartbeat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Go for the Mirage..especially the new sedan that will arrive..it has more space/ fuel efficient compare to Alto.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks sa mga nag reply. the votes help alot.
    I'm already asking around for mirage deals, but still wanting to ask around for some reasons as for my concerns. Mirage is really my choice as for now. For budget car, alto comes first... for leaving it back home and use it only during vacation ( but of course leaving it, doesnt mean nobody will be taking care of it, i have my siblings to do the maintenance ) is it worth buying?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    The fact that you are going to leave it does not mean that you are not going to use it in the future, right? Now, let us say even if you use it only during your vacation, wouldn't you be more confident that you are in a bigger car with more safety features especially when travelling in the province and you have a baby on board?

Kung iiwan mo rin sa relatives mo to maintain the car at gamitin nila, wouldn't it be better to know that what they are using is the safer car?

I would get the mirage if I were in your shoes. It is better to have a safer car but more expensive than a cheaper one that is less safe. But that's just me.... HTH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chriszj View Post
    I agree AG4, thats 1 reason why i feel mostly for mirage. nasa dilemma lang talaga ako kung alin sa dalawa ang kukunin ko dahil iiwan ko lang sa pinas tuwing alis ko, so d ko rin sya magamit lagi. Kailangan ko lang ngayon ng valid reason na kahit bumili ako ng car, d ako magsisi sa higher price kahit d ko man masyado magagamit. Kung bumili man ako ng cheaper magiging satisfied kaya ako dahil nakamura ako o hindi dahil sa less features. Kung mirage naman, why mirage? budget wise ba kahit iiwanan lang at magagamit lang tuwing magbabakasyon kmi?
    For me, frequency of usage is not a reason to sacrifice one's safety. If you think spending P498K (price of a base Mirage) is too much for a car that won't be used daily, have you considered a 2nd hand/used car?
    Last edited by AG4; September 1st, 2013 at 09:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    The fact that you are going to leave it does not mean that you are not going to use it in the future, right? Now, let us say even if you use it only during your vacation, wouldn't you be more confident that you are in a bigger car with more safety features especially when travelling in the province and you have a baby on board?

Kung iiwan mo rin sa relatives mo to maintain the car at gamitin nila, wouldn't it be better to know that what they are using is the safer car?

I would get the mirage if I were in your shoes. It is better to have a safer car but more expensive than a cheaper one that is less safe. But that's just me.... HTH
    Youre right rac98, this means alot. It really seems that suzuki does have alot of issue when it comes to safety features. I might have to make my decision then for mirage if this is the case. Though the price has some difference but i think i could live with that. I just have to find a good deal when i get back this Sept., I havent seen both cars yet. but with the high satisfaction rate for mirage. This car catches my attention.

Thanks once again rac98

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chriszj View Post
    It really seems that suzuki does have alot of issue when it comes to safety features.
    This is not true for all Suzukis though.
    The slightly more expensive Suzuki Celerio aka the (real) new Alto is also sold in Europe, so it comes with dual-airbags and ABS.
    The Alto 800 was developed mainly for India as a budget model.

At the end, the Mirage still has the advantage of being bigger.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    For me, frequency of usage is not a reason to sacrifice one's safety. If you think spending P498K (price of a base Mirage) is too much for a car that won't be used daily, have you considered a 2nd hand/used car?
    I did AG4, But thinking that it might give me a headache in the long run made my mind for brand new. And considering that it is new d ko na masyado alalahanin ang maintenance at mas less sa hassle, yun kung meron man. I will take your point and that is a good one, appreciate it. Now i think getting ideas from all of you guys helps alot. Any more advice will be much welcome, or for some advice for a good deal for Mirage.

Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    This is not true for all Suzukis though.
    The slightly more expensive Suzuki Celerio aka the (real) new Alto is also sold in Europe, so it comes with dual-airbags and ABS.
    The Alto 800 was developed mainly for India as a budget model.

At the end, the Mirage still has the advantage of being bigger.

Its not that i am underestimating the reliability of suzuki or generalizing it, but its just that the higher advantage of mirage from the alto. I didnt mean to offend anyone, i just wanted to get more reason to buy mirage than the alto. Alto owners have their reason as well and i respect that. Just like what kind of reason that i want to get mirage. Anyway, i did appreciate each point of view. If any Alto owner has some points, i will gladly welcome it.

Thanks for adding up AG4.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Oh, to add pala since you haven't seen both cars yet, i'm pretty sure mas matutuwa ka sa interior ng mirage. And try to look at different brands that is within your budget. Good luck!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast