New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you find the features appealing, then go for it. For me, even if you take out fancy but ulitmately useless novelties like the auto park and city stop features, the Focus still offers a lot more than the Lancer.

You cant really comment on the performance of the Focus vis a vis the Lancer yet, since noones done a test drive. Lancer fans can say that the Lancer drives and rides better, while Focus fans can say the same about their favorite as well. Paper specs dont mean much though, but if you wanna use that as a basis, then the Focus has the upper hand.

Try going to both Ford and Mitsubishi showrooms to try out both cars. If you can get a test drive, all the better.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by knet13 View Post
    Kaya lang I am considering the Focus kasi the features, parang sobrang layo nya sa GTA. Parang for me, exterior lang lamang ng GTA. Then there comes the performance and handling factor.
    If I were you, intay muna ako few months... wait until the Focus owners pop up left & right.

Tapos saka ka mag-decide. Baka mamaya yung GDi engine ng Focus topakin sa normal unleaded o kaya yung mga features niya eh hindi gumagana ng maayos. Something like that. There's no perfect car, they all have flaws.

Sa totoo lang sa sobrang daming features ng bagong Focus, di ko maimagine kung magkano pag nasira lahat yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya lang I am considering the Focus kasi the features, parang sobrang layo nya sa GTA. Parang for me, exterior lang lamang ng GTA. Then there comes the performance and handling factor.
    The only extra features that the Focus Sport that would be useful is the torque vectoring feature. The rest can be taken as toys like the park assist, etc. The torque vectoring feature is nice BUT you would probably need to be living beside a race track to be able to take advantage of it.

Hence it is still down to performance and handling. There is no unknowns for the performance & handling for the GTA. Assuming the Focus Sport is at the same level as the GTA... that leaves interior quality and interior space as deciding points.

Focus isn't known to have a spacious interior but it has leather seats. The GTA is a touch roomier but has cloth seats.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kung pogi points sa itsura parang maganda talaga ang lancer gta but its a 2008 model so expect na may lalabas na na bago soon. Hindi ko rin gusto ung masyadong maraming electronic sensors ng focus pag dating ng panahon mahirap magpagawa nyan pero kung after 3 years benta mo na he he. Between the two ill go for the focus dahil sa mas bago sya and matagal mo maeenjoy ang pagka brandnew nya. Focus ako pero konti lang lamang nya sa gta.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The only extra features that the Focus Sport that would be useful is the torque vectoring feature. The rest can be taken as toys like the park assist, etc. The torque vectoring feature is nice BUT you would probably need to be living beside a race track to be able to take advantage of it.

Hence it is still down to performance and handling. There is no unknowns for the performance & handling for the GTA. Assuming the Focus Sport is at the same level as the GTA... that leaves interior quality and interior space as deciding points.

Focus isn't known to have a spacious interior but it has leather seats. The GTA is a touch roomier but has cloth seats.
    The Focus Sport+ only has partial leather, similar to the Sonata GLS.

Aside from the torque vectoring control, the Focus also has parking sensors all around, and traction control, both of which I find are really useful.

Also, I previously thought that smart key systems were useless and impractical in the real world, but after 3 years of using it, I actually appreciate the feature a lot. It's nice not having to fumble for keys, especially during awkward situations such as a heavy downpour in an open parking lot, or perhaps when you're bringing a whole lot of bags.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ganyang ganyan din ako sa situation mo dati. I've compared it actually side by side based on features, engine, exterior, interior and also read some forums about the GT-A. I got sold on three things. One, my father told me that with those advanced features and tech that at some point, it would take a toll on you. How reliable are these features? At some point pwedeng masira so malaki ang maintenance. Next, the overall resale value. I was told that mababa ang resale value ng Ford and in the end, when you want to buy a new car, and you're selling the current one, you would want to consider getting a good resale value. Third, as in my case lang, I went from a 2006 Mazda 6 to the 2013 GT-A because I think the GT-A is the proper car to choose considering the bar was set high because of the 6. So it's not much of a downgrade I should say. Kung magpapalit kasi ako from 6 to Focus na hatch(I prefer the sport tuned suspension of the hatch), I look at it as a downgrade because of the looks and the build of the car (sports sedan vs hatch).

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir, mas gusto ko exterior ng GTA, mas aggressive and mas pogi. Though ok din ang sa Focus, pero parang european yung look nya. Tsaka if ung GTA ung kotse ko, I can give an impression that I am single and ready to play. Unlike sa Focus na mukhang mas serious and me family na yung owner.
    Sports car ka na lang para malaki pogi points mo. Sigurado pang ready to play image mo hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Sports car ka na lang para malaki pogi points mo. Sigurado pang ready to play image mo hehe
    Easy for you to say especially when you aren't paying for the car nor for the fuel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arwayeyen View Post
    Ganyang ganyan din ako sa situation mo dati. I've compared it actually side by side based on features, engine, exterior, interior and also read some forums about the GT-A. I got sold on three things. One, my father told me that with those advanced features and tech that at some point, it would take a toll on you. How reliable are these features? At some point pwedeng masira so malaki ang maintenance. Next, the overall resale value. I was told that mababa ang resale value ng Ford and in the end, when you want to buy a new car, and you're selling the current one, you would want to consider getting a good resale value. Third, as in my case lang, I went from a 2006 Mazda 6 to the 2013 GT-A because I think the GT-A is the proper car to choose considering the bar was set high because of the 6. So it's not much of a downgrade I should say. Kung magpapalit kasi ako from 6 to Focus na hatch(I prefer the sport tuned suspension of the hatch), I look at it as a downgrade because of the looks and the build of the car (sports sedan vs hatch).

I have driven both the GC and GTA. The GC is a nice toy to drive around but experience says fuel consumption will be a head ache in the long run. As a daily driver, the GTA is a more practical car, plus it can be driven hard and still be a lot of fun.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    To TS:
    Am a focus owner here...if you want some european class and touch of engineering go for the focus.
    The focus is the car that you will love to drive, daily or long distance, its been tested in Europe and pass all global standards. Well in my case, that's the way I choose our cars.
    Kung gusto mo naman maiba sa karamihan, why not try the focus.
    Its the same as me before buying the focus, I've research alot before the purchase, and its the only car on its class that mets my expectation. Handling-superb, Speed for a 2L engine, 200kph (kayang-kaya), suspension-its rally inspired, safety-5star...the thing that might matter is the resale, but for me not really matters as long as the car serves you well and happy with it.
    You can join the Ford Club Phil, and ford owners will be willing to help you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast