New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga sir, ask ko lang po which one to choose in terms of handling, exterior, interior, features, etc. I am planning to buy po kasi my first car this september, and medyo confused pa ko which to buy, given na madaming magagandang features and reviews and different cars ngayon. In your opinion po, which one would be more suitable for me, given that I am a medical student - which means most of the time I will just be using the car for Sunday drives or going home from Manila.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Both are good cars for me, but the Focus comes out better overall.

Price is rather similar, with the Lancer having the slight edge, but the Focus has a lot more features:

- Traction control (ESP)
    - Front and rear parking sensors
    - Torque vectoring control (a pseudo LSD)
    - Hill-launch Assist
    - Active City Stop
    - Active Park Assist
    - Side mirror turn signal lamps
    - Cruise control
    - Dual-zone climate control
    - Bluetooth connectivity
    - Voice control
    - Moonroof
    - Push-button ignition

The Lancer has the following features up its sleeve though:

- 18" rims
    - Extra airbag (7 vs 6)
    - Adaptive headlamps
    - Rockford Fosgate audio system w/ a subwoofer

Exterior looks-wise, the Focus Sport+ just appears more handsome to me. While the Lancer is menacing and extroverted, the Focus is a little more laid-back, but its beauty lies in its subtle curves. Don't forget that the Focus is newer and fresher too. Moving on to the interior, and it's really no contest, the Focus looks and feels more modern and upscale. From the weight of the doors, to the layout and feel of the plastics, it feels more expensive than the Lancer.

The Lancer has much more interior space though, as the Focus rides on a rather small chassis as evidenced with the compromised rear legroom.

Noone's really got to try the Focus' 170 HP GDI engine, 6-speed DCT, or its sport-tuned suspension, but a few reviews from privileged local auto journalists who got to drive the car in Thailand had nothing but praises for the car's performance and handling. Not to say that the Lancer is any slouch though.

Both are great cars, but if I were to buy, I'd put my money on the Focus.
    Last edited by jut703; August 31st, 2012 at 01:52 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I think you should go to ford focus. Mashadong marami ang lancer sa daan kahit na gt-a, madame pa din. Unlike focus, its newer and astig ang itsura. One more thing, Mashadong mabilis maubos ang gas ng lancer. I dunno with Focus.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To the Thread Starter...

Between the Focus Sport and Lancer EX GTA... which one do you like better, simply just by it's look alone?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    7km/L for the GTA sounds about right. The Focus will consume roughly the same.

The Lancer still looks better for me. Still menacing as ever. But do choose a color limited to GTA only -- the blue one, I guess. Para meron ka pa rin sense of uniqueness among the other Lancers on the road.

The Focus isn't bad though. Has great features which you don't really need but a good-to-have nevertheless.

I just don't want to be a guinea pig as the Focus' engine is new & GDi. Still wishing that they wouldn't phase out the TDCi engine totally. That was one hell of an engine, powerful yet economical at the same time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    7km/L for the GTA sounds about right. The Focus will consume roughly the same.

The Lancer still looks better for me. Still menacing as ever. But do choose a color limited to GTA only -- the blue one, I guess. Para meron ka pa rin sense of uniqueness among the other Lancers on the road.

The Focus isn't bad though. Has great features which you don't really need but a good-to-have nevertheless.

I just don't want to be a guinea pig as the Focus' engine is new & GDi. Still wishing that they wouldn't phase out the TDCi engine totally. That was one hell of an engine, powerful yet economical at the same time.

Same here. Focus' numerous electronic aids and toys are nice to have but not really necessary to have when you go out driving. One thing I do like is the torque vectoring feature which helps push the car harder into the corners when the car is driven near it's limits (which is when???).

Overall, the Lancer EX GTA has a bigger interior space which is more practical. And the GTA's very aggressive looks will be impossible to replicate on the Focus.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sir, mas gusto ko exterior ng GTA, mas aggressive and mas pogi. Though ok din ang sa Focus, pero parang european yung look nya. Tsaka if ung GTA ung kotse ko, I can give an impression that I am single and ready to play. Unlike sa Focus na mukhang mas serious and me family na yung owner.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by knet13 View Post
    Sir, mas gusto ko exterior ng GTA, mas aggressive and mas pogi. Though ok din ang sa Focus, pero parang european yung look nya. Tsaka if ung GTA ung kotse ko, I can give an impression that I am single and ready to play. Unlike sa Focus na mukhang mas serious and me family na yung owner.

Sounds like you are already sold on getting a Lancer EX GTA.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    lamang na lamang pala sayo ang lancer e. so better get one

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Kaya lang I am considering the Focus kasi the features, parang sobrang layo nya sa GTA. Parang for me, exterior lang lamang ng GTA. Then there comes the performance and handling factor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast