New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    559
    #21
    Lancer na sir! Idedeliver sa friday yung akin. Im so excited. :D pagsisisihan mo pagnagvios ka. Yes its more reliable and practical. Pero walang fun factor and im sure iba yung ngiti mo paglancer kotse mo. Tsaka you want it. So go for it!

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,574
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    Isa pang magiging problema mo kung may plano kang bihisan to since 5 yrs mong gagamitin, eh sasakit ang ulo mo! Yan ang problema ko ngayon eh kung ano uunahin ko sa daming pwedeng gawin, so ang kinabagsakan, wala pa akong nasisimulan hehehe.
    Yan na rin iniisip ko! lol! It's just begging to be dressed up.

    Sabi kasi good friend/car advisor ko I'm too old to drive a "fun" car. I should go for the practical car which is the Vios. But I really like the Lancer talaga.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,574
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Lancer na sir! Idedeliver sa friday yung akin. Im so excited. :D pagsisisihan mo pagnagvios ka. Yes its more reliable and practical. Pero walang fun factor and im sure iba yung ngiti mo paglancer kotse mo. Tsaka you want it. So go for it!
    How much discount did they give you? I'm choosing between polar white or citadel red.

    BTW hindi ba magkakaron ng full model change ang Lancer soon? It's on its 5th year na kasi.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,661
    #24
    Actually, the Vios makes more sense since you already have a 1.6G 6MT Altis.

    It makes sense because the Vios will most likely be more fuel efficient than the Lancer. And it may be more comfortable to drive since it's an automatic. Plus, it will be easier to drive since it's technically smaller. And in case you need something bigger than the Vios, there's your Altis.

    At least pag tinamad ka mag-MT at mag-isa ka lang. An automatic car is waiting for you. Hinde yung dalawang compact sedan yung sayo, parehong MT pa. Hehe.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,641
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Actually, the Vios makes more sense since you already have a 1.6G 6MT Altis.

    It makes sense because the Vios will most likely be more fuel efficient than the Lancer. And it may be more comfortable to drive since it's an automatic. Plus, it will be easier to drive since it's technically smaller. And in case you need something bigger than the Vios, there's your Altis.

    At least pag tinamad ka mag-MT at mag-isa ka lang. An automatic car is waiting for you. Hinde yung dalawang compact sedan yung sayo, parehong MT pa. Hehe.
    It all boils down to this (renzo's post) and the fact that you really like the Lancer.

    A test drive would solve everything IMO. Good luck sa pagpili Ms. Cathy.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,574
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Actually, the Vios makes more sense since you already have a 1.6G 6MT Altis.

    It makes sense because the Vios will most likely be more fuel efficient than the Lancer. And it may be more comfortable to drive since it's an automatic. Plus, it will be easier to drive since it's technically smaller. And in case you need something bigger than the Vios, there's your Altis.

    At least pag tinamad ka mag-MT at mag-isa ka lang. An automatic car is waiting for you. Hinde yung dalawang compact sedan yung sayo, parehong MT pa. Hehe.
    Kaya I am not 100% on the Lancer yet. Nagtataka mga tao why I would still buy an MT. I'm quite happy driving a manual but my family and friends are telling me it's only because I've never owned an automatic kaya okay lang sakin manual. But I should really own an automatic. Takot rin naman ako baka magkamali ako gawin gas yung brakes.. hehe.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    251
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My very good friend is against my purchase because he says that Mitsubishi has reliability issues. Also, the EX came out on 2008 and yet there are few units on the road compared to the Altis and Civic. He says that this may be a problem in 5 or 10 years because shops may not keep its parts on stock and it will be difficult to buy surplus. So it will be expensive and hard for me to maintain the Lancer in 5 years or so. I also heard that Mitsubishi is not so good with after sales service. I can't buy the AT for the Lancer because it's above the budget and I've been told that it's malakas sa gas.
    The main reason why there's few Lancer EX on the road, despite of being around since 2008 is because it was only sold in 2.0 liter engine variant. There are two models of Lancers sold during that time - Lancer Cedia (7th gen) and the Lancer EX (8th gen). Being part of Pinoy's mentality that 2.0 liter engine is gas thirsty, it does not help in sales boost of the Lancer EX. It is only during the latter part of 2012 that MMPC introduced the Lancer EX 1.6 liter variant and with only few months down the line, I can see a lot of GLX/MX units with dealer plates.

    I don't think that stocks, parts availability and expensive maintenance will be your concern. You just need to find the right dealer that gives the best customer satisfaction on after sales service. You can easily search that here on Tsikot forums. One tip is to stay away from Union Motors, especially in Paco.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My friend was telling me kasi bec there are few units of Lancer relative to Civic and Altis, shops won't stock up on parts for Lancers. And few surplus din. Also he said the resale value of the Lancer EX is really low, though it doesn't matter to me since I plan to keep the car for a long time.
    The resale of Lancer EX has been quite okay. And it is hard to say with the resale value of the newer Lancer EX 1.6L which is experiencing a high demand.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How much discount did they give you? I'm choosing between polar white or citadel red.

    BTW hindi ba magkakaron ng full model change ang Lancer soon? It's on its 5th year na kasi.
    So far there is no annoucement of a model change. At worst, there might be a facelift but even that is doubtful if the facelift would be dramatic as seen in the facelift of the 2013 ASX.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yan na rin iniisip ko! lol! It's just begging to be dressed up.

    Sabi kasi good friend/car advisor ko I'm too old to drive a "fun" car. I should go for the practical car which is the Vios. But I really like the Lancer talaga.
    C4U, one is never too old to have a car that is fun to drive. If there is such a thing, then everyone is considers themselves "old" would be driving Vios and Corollas. (apologizes to Vios and Corolla owners!! hehehe)

    And the Lancer EX is simple enough to "dress-up". A set of 18 inch wheels would dramatically change the car's looks without the need of a bodykit nor lowering.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 EX GLX MT  OR Toyota Vios 1.3 G AT