New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Tsikoters,

I'm currently having some issues choosing between the two since this is the two current cars that I would like to own one if granted.
    I am in 30s now but still like partying. (hehehe! kidding aside)

Points to be considered:
    FC city/highway: (plan to use 18s for sportier look)

Space:

Looks:

4 vs 6 speed A/T tranny:
    (disadvantage ba ito sa Mitsu side? alam ko highway lang talaga mas gamit ang 6 speed right? pero if ever mag long distance ako, okay lang naman ba ang 4 speed a/t?)

Durability:

Easy to maintain:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I was in the same dilemma a month ago but I decided to go for the Lancer EX.

But I would be getting the manual tranny instead.

Gusto ko din looks ng Elantra but the wife doesn't hahaha kaya hindi ko na masyado na explore kung maganda ba din talaga yung 1.6 na Elantra.
    I've read good things about the 1.8 Elantra though. Out of price range lang for me.

Good luck sa pagpili sir!

I vote for EX just because I would be getting one too! hehe..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd get the Elantra. More spacious, more powerful, and gets great mileage (equal to the frugal Altis 1.6). With 18" rims, it looks great too.

Main advantage of the Lancer for me is that it's cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If you will use your car let say more than 5 years then I suggest you get a Lancer EX. If not, then go with Elantra. Mas maporma Elantra.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Hi Tsikoters,

I'm currently having some issues choosing between the two since this is the two current cars that I would like to own one if granted.
    I am in 30s now but still like partying. (hehehe! kidding aside)

Points to be considered:

FC city/highway: highyway the Lancer EX 1.6L gets 14 to 18 km/L with a lightfoot on the pedal.

Space: both seats five people but the trunk of the Lancer EX is a tad on the small size.

Looks: The Hyundai fluid sculpture look is getting old for me, as all of the cars coming out has this specific style/look. Lancer EX might be getting old but the look is still fresh as back when it was first launched.

4 vs 6 speed A/T tranny: Although the hyundai has six gears, the four gears of the Lancer has been chosen well to cover both low and high speed driving performance although the six speed will let the engine stay in the "ideal" rpm better.

Durability: Hyundai has a 5000km or three months (which ever comes first) servicing intervals required to retain warranty... i wonder why. So far not much issues with Lancer EX units in long term ownership.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I like Elantra kasi maganda (except the "flowery" rims)
    I like Lancer EX naman kasi maangas na gwapo (except the plastic interior)

Pili ka kung gusto mo kotse mo maganda or gwapo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    I like Elantra kasi maganda (except the "flowery" rims)
    I like Lancer EX naman kasi maangas na gwapo (except the plastic interior)

Pili ka kung gusto mo kotse mo maganda or gwapo

Add the fact that the Lancer EX 1.6L has touchscreen stereo and GPS navigation is optional for the base model GLX units and standard for the MX model.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    OT: ung ibang models ng mitsu ba naka 5AT na?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Elantra on 18's will be gorgeous...it blends nicely with its curves

photo from Wheeltech Shop FB.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    F
    Looks: The Hyundai fluid sculpture look is getting old for me, as all of the cars coming out has this specific style/look. Lancer EX might be getting old but the look is still fresh as back when it was first launched.
    I think this is the case with radical/modern designs. They seem to age easily, especially when a new model comes out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast