New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Like what the others say, OK din yung base model Montero Sport. Mahal ang gasolina ngayon. Etong dalawa lang ba ang pilian? If so, ano ang priorities and preferences mo? If you're more of the boy racer type, you'd probably like the ASX better. If you just want something stylish, spacious and comfy then the Tucson it is. I'd suggest you consider the Sportage as well. Really great looking car.
    It is unfair to stereo-type ASX owners as "boy-racer types"... given that the ASX is spacious, comfy and has it's own kind of style. Plus the smooth suspension and CVT tranny.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is a bit out of topic, but since the discussion is about the ASX anyway, what is it with that car?

I remember a few months back, when it was new, everyone was like, "get a Lancer EX instead, that ASX is an SUV with the space of a subcompact" or "It's an SUV that isn't any more practical than a car" blah blah. I haven't really kept up with the forums over the past few months, but as I see it now, the ASX is getting the nod over the Tucson, which was, and I believe still is, one of the most recommended compact SUVs available locally.

I ask because I haven't gotten the chance to drive it, and I think it's one of the cars that was the first among the new set of crossovers (e.g. Subaru XV, Mazda CX-5) that are smaller than your typical Tucson-CRV-RAV4 set. I'm pretty traditional in the sense that I'd opt for a sedan or hatch if I didn't need the space, but I'd like to know what's in it with a "subcompact" SUV like the ASX.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    1.3M yung ASX diba? i'll get the crdi tucson na lang kung tucson or asx ang pagpipilian... pero given the chance.. i'll get the montero or sportage instead :D

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This is a bit out of topic, but since the discussion is about the ASX anyway, what is it with that car?

I remember a few months back, when it was new, everyone was like, "get a Lancer EX instead, that ASX is an SUV with the space of a subcompact" or "It's an SUV that isn't any more practical than a car" blah blah. I haven't really kept up with the forums over the past few months, but as I see it now, the ASX is getting the nod over the Tucson, which was, and I believe still is, one of the most recommended compact SUVs available locally.

I ask because I haven't gotten the chance to drive it, and I think it's one of the cars that was the first among the new set of crossovers (e.g. Subaru XV, Mazda CX-5) that are smaller than your typical Tucson-CRV-RAV4 set. I'm pretty traditional in the sense that I'd opt for a sedan or hatch if I didn't need the space, but I'd like to know what's in it with a "subcompact" SUV like the ASX.
    My thoughts exactly.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011

If you dont lose in touch, you will not wonder!

There are many threads regarding Tucson which disappoint you even by reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Well, the handling is pretty nice, the design is right above average that fit to my taste, and the road doesnt have to much with this car!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I posted a 5 SUV shootout before. You can read the article as it gives unbiased reviews. The 5 SUVs are CRV, ASX, Tucson, Xtrail CVT and Peugeot.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I posted a 5 SUV shootout before. You can read the article as it gives unbiased reviews. The 5 SUVs are CRV, ASX, Tucson, Xtrail CVT and Peugeot.

That was a good review, but they did not include problems after a year just like the frustration of owners who suffer from different problems like a/c problem, brake & brake dust issue, central door lock, noise at the back...etc...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Tucson isn't a bad choice, but it already became a mainstream preference. And if you read around, and as per experience since a relative owns one, the Theta II actually consumes a lot of fuel. Hence the reason why the ASX is now preferred.

Also, the looks of the ASX wasn't really appealing before. But as time pass, the design grows in you hence why it is always put into consideration today.

Don't get the Montero for god's sake. I`ll be betting my testicle montero's would flood the streets in month's time due to its very cheap base SRP.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The price of the ASX GLS 4x2 is actually closer to the Tucson GL R-eVGT than the Theta II GLS, if I'm not mistaken (1.275M right?).

From the threads I've read about the Tucson, the GL CRDi doesn't seem to have as many issues as the Theta II GLS. And even with the GLS, the problems aren't as grave as the Toyota D4D problem a while back, or the recent Accent knocking issue. And even if the Tucson GLS is a tad more thirsty at the pump than the ASX, it's still cheaper, so it'd take a few years before the price difference is offset.

We're planning to get a Tucson GL CRDi within the year, since it's the only diesel compact SUV out there, and it's reasonably priced with all the necessary features for a car in this day and age. I've been kinda closed to the Tucson alone, primarily because of the diesel powerplant (fast and frugal), but would you still say that other SUVs in the market are better choices?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    but would you still say that other SUVs in the market are better choices?
    Depends on your needs. If you need extra 2 seats and a taller one, there's the cheap montero. If you need to be away from the mainstream choice, there's the X-Trail, Sportage, Escape or the ASX.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi ASX GLS 2.0L 2012 versus Tucson Theta II 2.0L GLS 2WD AT