New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nakapagpili na po kayo? Kung ako I'd suggest the Accent parin. It is newer and looks much better than the Lancer. The engine makes almost as much power as the Lancer's despite being 200cc smaller so we can be sure that it is more fuel efficient. As for the CVT of the Lancer, I'm just afraid that it might be horribly costly to repair should something happen to it as the years pile up.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    gaano ba katagal muna bago magkaproblema ang CVT? and magkano ba paayos ng CVT?

and sabi nila may issues daw ang makina ng hyundai accent

*all
    is BPI's car loan "ok" ?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    bro ACE: sa mitsulancerph site, mga 2 pa lang ata ang nagkaproblem ng malala sa CVT (change CVT na). nsa 80k ata ang surplus and that happened at around 60K. (Gen 2 owners ata sila) Some experienced loss of power but were solved by replacing CVT fluid. Nasa manual naman yung schedule ng replacement ng CVT fluid. Yung 4g18 naman, wala pa ako narinig na problem. Siguro dahil old tech yung engine.

Regarding BPI: ok na yan. pero try mo din PSBank. Compare notes ka na lang din.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    how long do you intend to keep the car? for long-term maintenance purposes, i suggest you get the city instead. malaking bagay yung 10k intervals ni honda. also, ang laking improvement na sa performance and gas efficiency. bank loan naman so you'll barely notice the difference.

i also got the lancer gls cvt for the sole purpose of cheaper acquisition cost. and to some extent, the bigger cabin. my dad's the one using it so siya na bahala sa maintenance costs. i've tried driving it around a few times and compared it with my previous jazz (city twin). ang laking dali i-drive ng jazz vs the lancer (ang gaan ng kaha). also, comparatively quieter din nung engine when driving at high speeds. the lancer's cvt is also not that fuel efficient in the city (after using a honda). the lancer gls is a good car but there might be better options for you.

since first car mo, i would think you'd bring it out of town a lot so mileage would be bigger. this is where pms costs come in. test drive all the options and get the one you're most comfortable with. don't rely on spec sheets. remember, you'll be using this for maybe 5years so best to get one that you'll enjoy. all disc brakes are useless unless you drive like your car like a F1 vehicle or if you purposely go through floods.

i have no feeback on the accent since i've never driven one. in fairness, it looks good from the outside but that engine knock thing might really be an issue.

for banks, cheap rates are with bdo, psbank, bpi.

good luck.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    i got a text from BPI saying that my loan has been "approve" the rates are

2 years: 9.92%
    3 years: 15.56%

WOW!!!

[SIZE=3]Mitsubish Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT[/SIZE]
    50% DP: Php 349000.00
    Insurance: NA
    CM: Php 8954.00
    LTO: NA
    _________
    Total Initial Cash out excluding insurance and LTO: Php 357954.00

BPI AUTO LOAN SCHEME

[2 yrs]
    Php 15984.20/ month
    Php 383620.80 in 24 months (9.92% interest)

[3 yrs]
    Php 11475.00/ month
    Php 403304.40 in 36 months (15.56% interest)

[SIZE=3]Hyundai Accent 1.4 GL A/T[/SIZE]
    50% DP: Php 344000.00
    Insurance: NA
    CM: Php 8916.00
    LTO: NA
    _________
    Total Initial Cash out excluding insurance and LTO: Php 352916.00

BPI AUTO LOAN SCHEME

[2 yrs]
    Php 15755.00/ month
    Php 378124.80 in 24 months (9.92% interest)

[3 yrs]
    Php 11310.00/ month
    Php 397526.4 in 36 months (15.56% interest)

mukhang good to go na talaga :D

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    how long do you intend to keep the car? for long-term maintenance purposes, i suggest you get the city instead. malaking bagay yung 10k intervals ni honda. also, ang laking improvement na sa performance and gas efficiency. bank loan naman so you'll barely notice the difference.

i also got the lancer gls cvt for the sole purpose of cheaper acquisition cost. and to some extent, the bigger cabin. my dad's the one using it so siya na bahala sa maintenance costs. i've tried driving it around a few times and compared it with my previous jazz (city twin). ang laking dali i-drive ng jazz vs the lancer (ang gaan ng kaha). also, comparatively quieter din nung engine when driving at high speeds. the lancer's cvt is also not that fuel efficient in the city (after using a honda). the lancer gls is a good car but there might be better options for you.

since first car mo, i would think you'd bring it out of town a lot so mileage would be bigger. this is where pms costs come in. test drive all the options and get the one you're most comfortable with. don't rely on spec sheets. remember, you'll be using this for maybe 5years so best to get one that you'll enjoy. all disc brakes are useless unless you drive like your car like a F1 vehicle or if you purposely go through floods.

i have no feeback on the accent since i've never driven one. in fairness, it looks good from the outside but that engine knock thing might really be an issue.

for banks, cheap rates are with bdo, psbank, bpi.

good luck.
    i see, so you also own/ drive one? thank you for the advice, your post is very informative

a minimum of 5 years, and im "ripe" for marrying and having a family na so this will also be a family car.

anyway, how about ford fiesta?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    http://tsikot.com/forums/showthread....Engine-Knock!/

ayoko na mag accent... Lancer na ako and it's a go na

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Balasador View Post
    i see, so you also own/ drive one? thank you for the advice, your post is very informative

a minimum of 5 years, and im "ripe" for marrying and having a family na so this will also be a family car.

anyway, how about ford fiesta?

yes, i have a lancer gls cvt but i don't really use it. my daily drive's a toyota.

the only feedback about fiesta that i've received (which is usually what i get from other ford owners also) - one small part needs to be replaced but you have to buy the entire assembly. a plastic part gets broken and then the casa makes you pay at least 10k for the replacement part. if you go ford, the bigger ones (escape, everest) look like the better buys. you might want to consider the escape also (cheapest a/t suv right now, i think). american cars though are gas guzzlers in general.

research also on the nearest casas to your house (if you plan to do casa pms); this plays a major role also on what unit you should get. most dealers along c5 provide good sales and service. maintenance is a major part of car ownership, don't scrimp on this if you want your car to last long or to stay in optimum running condition.

financially, the longest time you should pay for a car is 3yrs. anything over that and the interest payments bloat too much. basta 3yrs, ok pa the interest totals and you still have relatively good cash flow to take on other "projects" (housing, insurance, etc). of course, the shorter, the better pa rin.

since you're paying 50%dp, shop around different casas for zero interest deals, sayang din kasi kung kakayanin mo na rin bayaran agad. some offer 18months to pay wala nang interest. not all casas offer the same deals since these are mostly franchises. you don't have to send your car to the same casa for servicing anyway (buy from one, pms from another). nevermind na in-house financing since short paying period ka lang, talo si casa so baka pangit din ibigay na offer (though you never know, baka may good deal from SAs).

once you have a family, i'm sure you will want a bigger car by then. after 5 years though, you'll be earning more and another car may already be in the picture. you'd probably think by this time if you want to sell this car also. this is why i asked if you plan to keep it for a long time.

just to share my previous (since i've sold the unit already) experience with my jazz - during regular pms schedules, honda libis used to pick the car up from my house (usually scheduled during coding days) and then i'd just go to honda on the next day to pick up and pay. hassle free ownership and no headaches talaga basta with regular servicing. but given honda prices, yes i paid a premium for that convenience. the car was in tiptop condition the whole time it was with me that friends were lining up and telling me to sell it to them already. when i finally decided to last oct, i sold it in less than 5mins.

my toyota now i need to bring to the casa (no pick up service) but i have naman a usual SA so ok na rin. it's a bit less convenient but i pay less din naman. kanya-kanyang style lang naman, depende na lang what fits you.

my first car ever was a hand me down, m/t mitsubishi space wagon. it gave me headaches (due to the car's age and mileage) and a lot of trips to the trusted talyer at banawe. but i learned a lot about car maintenance and which items need to be changed regularly, which break down easily, etc. you might want to try this method too. hassle yes pero you learn and relatively cheaper cost now. after maybe two or three years, marunong ka na sa maintenance, then get a car you really want and then maintain it well. remember: first car = bump car hahaha.

given your situation, assuming you're getting a new car na nga, i'd suggest you get a fuel efficient, easy to maintain subcompact muna. keep it in good shape so you can sell at a good price later on if needed.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    with the engine knock issue, i think the best choice is a Lancer.

pero ayaw mo ba itest drive muna yung iba? like fiesta, city(tulad nung kina shie-mon), jazz (tep) or mazda 2? or yung paboritong mo swift?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hi sir, ano na update sa pagkuha mo ng brand new car?....my family is also considering between the two actually kasama na din pati vios....my father will be the one who will use it....malaking issue ba talaga yun engine knock ng accent?....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi 2011 1.6 GLS CVT vs Hyundai 1.4 GL A/T