New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Narrowing down the choice between Outlander 2.4 MIVECS Invecs III GLS or Sta Fe 2.2 CRDi VGT, which do you think is the better buy?

Outlander has the new 2.4 li 16v DOHC Mivecs with Invecs III priced at P1.43M
    - 5 seater with fabric
    - Sports Suspension and Sporty Design
    - 18" mags with 255/55/18 tires
    - RockfordFosgate sound set up 9 speakers with 12" subwoofer
    - Paddle Shifters (Invecs III with 6 speeds)
    - HID self leveling headlamps
    - Aluminum Roof
    - 4 wheel Drive
    - Red lights for dashboard and instrument panel

vs.

Sta Fe has the new 2.2 li 16v CRDi VGT priced at P1.53M
    - 7 Seaters with Leather seats
    - Diesel engine that performs like gasoline
    - 17" mags with 235/65/17 Hankook tires
    - Projector headlamps
    - B and C pillars aircon vents for the 2nd and 3rd row seats
    - Blue lights for dashboard and instrument panels
    - Elegant styling
    - Lighted Vanity mirrors, cooled centerbox, Sunglass holder

So with these details, which would you recommend for me to buy? I only have 1 kid and travels from Q.C to Ortigas for work everyday. Would appreciate your inputs guys. Thank you.
    -

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    For me I'd go with the Santa Fe, its classier and the interior is great. Although the Outlander has the paddle shifters and the Rockford Fosgate Sound system, but you have to think about it how often will you use the paddle shifters, are your ears so sensitive that you need to listen to a good sound setup?

I have a Santa Fe the gas version and like you I was also choosing between the outlander and the santa fe. Things that turned me off of the outlander was:

1. no leather seats (although for an additional 50k I could have kelseat convert it into leather seats)
    2. 2nd row seats were not that comfortable (very bench seat like)
    3. only a 5 seater (i needed a 7 seater)
    4. i was not impressed with the rockford fosgate sound system (it did not stand out over the standard sound system)

Although I did not test drive the Outlander so I cannot comment on the driving comfort. For the Santa Fe all I can say is its great to drive, as soon as you close the doors its so quiet inside, and the ride is just great very comfortable.

At the end of the day it all depends on your taste and what you are looking for in a car. For me I was looking for comfort and space.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mitsu OUTLANDER- This is easier to drive in the city because Outie is smaller compare to Santa Fe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i kid palang naman kau sir so i assume d nyo po kailangan ung 3rd row seat ng santa fe. outlander nalang kau sir. tapos samen kau kuha

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Mag Mitsu Outie ka na lang sir. Hindi mo kailangan ang 7 seater SF...sayang lang ang 3rd row seat. If you are planning to have more kids, Go for SF!
    Last edited by O!lman; September 30th, 2007 at 12:57 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Makinig ka sa advice ng soon-to-be SALES AGENT of the year

Pero iba talaga ang Santa Fe. Pag nakikita ko to honk ako tapos isang bright light hehehe baka kasi kayo yung nakikita ko

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i travel pasig, ortigas, cubao, c5, greenhills everyday with a SF.

most of the time alone. *times, kami ni misis.

i spend like average of Php 2.2+K per month on 1 full-tank of diesel (62-65 liters every refill, max of 75 liters tank ko pero di na pinaabot sa empty signal para mag-refill) at an average of 500+ km/month. dala ko SF usually 5 days a week. on coding lang hinde.

tipid na din ... i rarely travel during rush hours 6am-9am or 5pm-8pm. kaya siguro nakakatipid ako
    Last edited by oldblue; September 30th, 2007 at 02:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    outie ako. {as usual} spend your youth in a youthful car. otherwise you would spend your youth being ahm... forget it.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I was in the same dilema before, search the forum and there are lots of threads for this same comparo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ala pa bang existing thread na ganito?

anyway you'll never go wrong with both, basta if it suites your needs.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Mitsu OUTLANDER or Hyunda STA FE