New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mukhang in-demand talaga mga pick up nowadays... dami kong nakikita sa daan na mga dealer plates pa nakalagay, tapos dito naman sa tsikot dami din nagtatanong... takot na mabaha...

BTT: get the navara 4x4... yung bagong strada na lalabas, di ko sure kung mas malaki na bed niya... kasi kung gagamitin mo din para sa business niyo syempre mas maganda kung mas malaki ang bed para mas madami makarga... mas efficient.

tulad ng sinabi ng iba, test drive both. follow your heart. Good luck!

P.S: if you decide to get the navara, your first mod should be to change to aftermarket horns!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ayaw ko sana irecommend Navara para konti lang ang Macho.

2-3 yrs ago i was also choosing my replacement pickup, i visited showrooms, test drove, compare specs, and contemplated for the best that suit my needs..Now im a happy owner of almost 3yrs old Navara, 60+k kms and no major problems so far. Medyo mahal nga ang Navara but look at the build quality, i think its reasonable for the price.

Regarding black smoke, lahat ng CRDI na may EGR may tendency sa soot buildup. Sa ibang bansa ganyan din ang problem nila of any make.. Solution- regular maintenace, blank the EGR, water injection, CAI and exhaust upgrade... Aprub ba mga mother truckers..hehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Regarding black smoke, lahat ng CRDI na may EGR may tendency sa soot buildup. Sa ibang bansa ganyan din ang problem nila of any make.. Solution- regular maintenace, blank the EGR, water injection, CAI and exhaust upgrade... Aprub ba mga mother truckers..hehe
    I agree to this except "blank the EGR." I want to help improve the quality of air we breath and to be breathed by the next generation.I'll do regular cleaning of egr instead.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    With the bad fuel here and high sulfur turning into ash/ soot, its better off with the EGR. In this country, EGR is bad for the engine. It doesnt even have any bearing with our emission test, Why? Wala NOx test dito, puro opacity test lang. Our govt needs to be strict as Californian law to achieve that clean air weve been dreaming.
    BTT.. I efever you get any of these diesel pickups, be prepared for the smoke..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    With the bad fuel here and high sulfur turning into ash/ soot, its better off with the EGR. In this country, EGR is bad for the engine. It doesnt even have any bearing with our emission test, Why? Wala NOx test dito, puro opacity test lang. Our govt needs to be strict as Californian law to achieve that clean air weve been dreaming.
    BTT.. I efever you get any of these diesel pickups, be prepared for the smoke..
    Well I do have a 3+ year old Gen 1 tucson crdi. Minsan lang umusok ang tambutso ng medyo itim when the boost air connection was disconnected. Even there's no NOx test dito hindi ibig sabihin ay ok lang na sadya at pabayaan ang sasakyan natin na mag buga nito. Well that's me though...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    but the Navara will still be more expensive than the Strada with a tweaked engine.
    Price/cost, just like looks, is relative. For you it may be expensive, for someone else it's barya barya lang. Kaya dapat when comparing entities like cars in terms of cost, the comparison should be made in its stock form as opposed to aftermarket add-ons. Yes the Navara is more expensive but you get more for your buck

Then there's the issue of the black smoke emission which does not have a solution yet.
    1. One of the sakit of Pinoys talaga is that we find it very difficult to mind our own business of others, so therefore you should already know that the black smoke emission has been fixed for the new 2010 facelifted model of the Navara - which hasn't reached our shores.

2. For current local model D40 Navaras, there are local unofficial fixes for it by Nissan casas. Source: Some owners have brought their vehicles into dealers nationwide and reported no more smoke belching after treatment, I don't know the technicalities about their remedy but if you call the casa I'm sure they'd answer your queries. For others naman, like me, I haven't encountered this. It's hit and miss talaga.

3. Since someone mentioned before about not being able to reach high Navara speeds in the Metro - correct and agreed. However naman, the same 'geographical limitation excuse' can be applied for the black smoke which affects only a handful of Navaras. The geographical limitation in this instance would be that the wonderful city of Manila experiences many many smoke belching vehicles on the road - be it jeeps, buses, puvs, old vehicles and even newer vehicles like the Crosswind, so therefore here in Manila it shouldn't be a problem at all to encounter smoky vehicles. If I reported every smoky vehicle I saw on a daily basis to the authorities and got a reward each time, I'd make a small fortune. To conclude, even though the black smoke only affects a handful of owners, it's tolerable naman and isn't a cancerous issue, instead more like a common cold which can be remedied

==

Every debate has two sides of the story, just saying my piece about the other side. Since this is the home of starda owners, replies may favor them so it's important to level the playing field and answer a few queries that some may have about the other side.

Sometimes you need to separate the fanboy replies from the productive replies

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel29 View Post
    Thank you sa mga reply mga sir. Punta na lang ako bukas sa casa para i test drive para makapag decide talaga kung ano ang mas gusto ko. btw mga sir mayroon bang club ang mga navara owners? ang strada kasi meron.. maganda din kasi kung may club na masasalihan para may makuhaan ng mga ideas at may mapagtanungan kung sakasakali lalo na dito sa davao konti lang ang mapag aayusan kung sakali.thanks

sir, from davao ka pala?

Wala atang test drive sa mitsu, ewan ko lang sa nissan...

For now, very kind yung Kar Asia Davao, They're giving 35% discount on parts and 50% discount on detailing..

On warranty claim naman, the club can help you...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    kapag sinabing conyo, pwedeng conyong bakla or conyong lalaki. navarra na pipiliin ko nyan kasi macho ako. hehe
    There are also macho gays and macho men.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    1. One of the sakit of Pinoys talaga is that we find it very difficult to mind our own business of others, so therefore you should already know that the black smoke emission has been fixed for the new 2010 facelifted model of the Navara - which hasn't reached our shores.
    Yes, really hard to mind business of others. Was just stating opinion and helping out the TS in decision making.

Some people are lucky to afford to buy the more expensive models / variants. But most people are on a budget, price is a major factor when buying a vehicle.
    Last edited by Walter; January 20th, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, really hard to mind business of others. Was just stating opinion and helping out the TS in decision making.

Some people are lucky to afford to buy the more expensive models / variants. But most people are on a budget, price is a major factor when buying a vehicle.
    Agreed. I never said price wasn't a major factor.

My point in helping out TS was that the proper comparo should be between Stock vs Stock. TS never mentioned anything about price constraints.

There are also macho gays and macho men.
    There are macho straight men and macho curvy gays. ;)

==

In addition to the black smoke, is the wide turning circle of the Navara. This in some peoples eyes is a big no no but for others not a problem at all. Now who's gonna man up and list a few problems with the starda? Or is it quite simply, mechanically and cosmetically perfect? ;)

Even on your home turf it's easy to post a few fanboy comments and bash the opposition but when helping a TS out we gotta be real about things and show him the good and the bad (including it's solutions).

(Not you Walter, tsikoters in general).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
MIT. STRADA 3.2GLS 4X4 A/T or 2.5 NISSAN NAVARA CRDi 4x4 A/T