New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    It's a no brainer for me - Vios.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even if he's not used to a manual, the Mirage's manual transmission is a breeze to use. Soft, predictable clutch, light, easy gearshift. Might as well let him get used to it. It's a skill he can use later on, and the manual transmission will save him some. It's about 2 km/l better in traffic than the CVT, from what I've seen.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    binabaha ba ang route? perhaps you might prefer a taller vehicle or a diesel..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'll wait for the upcoming new generation Vios. Facelifts are common enough that you see them yearly, but generational changes? 5-7 years. That's like going from starting college to getting his very first job promotion. Couple this with abundant supply of parts (for easy maintenance) and flexibility for modifications (which adrenaline-laden teenage doesn't do it?) and it's a solid recommendation.

Want to try reverse psychology on your kid when he's pushing you towards an automatic transmission over a manual? Try asking him if he wants to drive sports cars (ex. Honda S2000s, NSXs, etc.) in the future and go egg him on to say that he'll have a hard time drifting on an automatic :naughty2:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    baka gusto nyo humabol sa outgoing vios, since outgoing na yan malaki na discount nyan. i have 2012 vios 1.3e, i average around 11km/l on a 40% province (molino blvd, coastal road) and 60% city (edsa and that darn aguinaldo highway corner molino blvd).
    boss biritin mo para tumipid pa. hahaha napansin ko tuwing bagong birit vios ko matipid sa gas. hahahah.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    baka gusto nyo humabol sa outgoing vios, since outgoing na yan malaki na discount nyan. i have 2012 vios 1.3e, i average around 11km/l on a 40% province (molino blvd, coastal road) and 60% city (edsa and that darn aguinaldo highway corner molino blvd).
    Agreed! outgoing models gives you big discounts and loaded with features.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin_05 View Post
    Good day sirs.

I need to buy my son an economical car. Hes a student and he's driving from Alabang to Dasmarinas. So we need a car na sobrang tipid sa gas. Right now, were thinking of mirage, celerio and the upcoming vios 2014. As of now, I'm thinking of mirage over those two. With the price of 600+k, this car has a fully loaded features such as; push start button, touch screen entertainment system with GPS, USB ready, more legroom in the second row, and stylish interior. Im talking about the mirage GLS AT. Also, up to 700k lang bo ang busget namin.

So, before po ko bumili. I need your suggestions sirs para hindi kami magsisi sa huli. Thanks.
    bro, kung ang purpose ay daily drive esp pang student, mag mirage ka na lang. by experience yung student namin going to la salle ay 3 rides. kung yung malaki car naman gaamiting pang hatid sundo medyo talo kasi may lite traffic along aguinaldo. now using mirage for daily drive to school i can say super sulit sa tipid. we bought glx cvt * 530k yung excess sa budget mo madami ka na magagawa.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    binabaha ba ang route? perhaps you might prefer a taller vehicle or a diesel..
    Nope. Hindi naman mshadong prone sa flood ang dasma. =)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    i have a new 2nd gen vios, 1 full tank molino to alabang will last up to 1 month. 88 pesos per day lang ang fuel cost ko. pero dahil minsan may lakad with family and friends worst ko is 12 days 1 full tank. running around 420~460 km per full tank. Masama pala loob ko pag 420 and below tinakbo ko in one full tank.

just to share with you, i went to punta fuego last saturday having 98km on my trip meter and 1 bar less from FT. i am already in alabang for two days with my trip meter at 315km and i still have 1/2 tank left.

so you can do the math to estimate. happy with my vios. i am not against any brand pero if you need a very reliable car with abundant parts anywhere you go, go for the vios.

BTW, reface lang ang gen3 pero IMHO everything is the same even the engine.
    Parang gusto ko na rin ata mag vios What is the distance in km from molino to alabang?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    Agreed! outgoing models gives you big discounts and loaded with features.

Yup. I also heard that toyota is giving big discount on 2nd gen vios. If ever na 2nd gen ng vios. 1.3G A/T ako. But whaw do you mean by "loaded with features"?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
mistubishi mirage, celerio, or the upcoming all-new vios 2014